Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:27 PM

596 posts, read 820,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Cops are not necessarily there to "serve" you. They are there to enforce the law.

It's telling about the stories about being "harassed" by the cops.

Someone taking creepy stalker photos of the FBI, which anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know is a bad idea, and someone ostensibly skateboarding illicitly in a mall parking lot.

If you don't want to get harassed by the cops, don't break the law.

Some lady in Detroit, a city council woman no less, felt she was being "harassed" for going 20 over in a state park recently.

I once got stopped for walking through a wealthy neighborhood at night with baggy jeans and a hoodie. Good thing. I looked like a delinquent. I would have stopped me too. The difference is I didn't punch the cop or anything of that nature or have any drugs or anything else on me. He told me they'd been having some burglaries and it was a better idea to take a walk on the Main Street. I said thanks and left.

It's not exactly Montgomery, 1966.
Most people who feel like they're being harassed by cops lack self-awareness.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:39 AM

577 posts, read 669,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Cops are not necessarily there to "serve" you. They are there to enforce the law.

It's telling about the stories about being "harassed" by the cops.

Someone taking creepy stalker photos of the FBI, which anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know is a bad idea, and someone ostensibly skateboarding illicitly in a mall parking lot.

If you don't want to get harassed by the cops, don't break the law.

Some lady in Detroit, a city council woman no less, felt she was being "harassed" for going 20 over in a state park recently.

I once got stopped for walking through a wealthy neighborhood at night with baggy jeans and a hoodie. Good thing. I looked like a delinquent. I would have stopped me too. The difference is I didn't punch the cop or anything of that nature or have any drugs or anything else on me. He told me they'd been having some burglaries and it was a better idea to take a walk on the Main Street. I said thanks and left.

It's not exactly Montgomery, 1966.
I didn't realise walking through a wealthy neighbourhood wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie was a crime.

Neither is taking photos of the FBI, for that matter.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:34 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
I didn't realise walking through a wealthy neighbourhood wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie was a crime.

Right, just like it isn't a crime for the cops to ask you who you are, what are you about, where you goin, blah blah blah.

They just can't detain you.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:29 PM

577 posts, read 669,686 times
It's also not a crime for me to walk up to you in the street and take pictures of you and ask you questions about what you're doing and where you're going. It's still annoying though.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:34 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Just like that being done by police is annoying.

But you know, when police go out of hand, I sue them. Not for money, but for an apology letter.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:02 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Just like that being done by police is annoying.

But you know, when police go out of hand, I sue them. Not for money, but for an apology letter.
You crazy.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:23 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Right, just like it isn't a crime for the cops to ask you who you are, what are you about, where you goin, blah blah blah.

They just can't detain you.
How would you like to be stopped because you happened to make people nervous by walking with your hands in your pockets. Pontiac, Michigan - temperature of 33 degrees.

Police Detain Michigan Man on Thanksgiving for ‘Walking with Hands in Pockets’ [Video] - Pontiac Tribune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uRZM9I7Psxs

Old 12-02-2014, 11:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
chicago was having flash mobs before ferguson. this is give a righteous reason for the criminality that is already present.
instead of a flash mob they will will be called "peaceful demonstrations" according to eric holder.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:12 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,279,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
How would you like to be stopped because you happened to make people nervous by walking with your hands in your pockets. Pontiac, Michigan - temperature of 33 degrees.

Police Detain Michigan Man on Thanksgiving for ‘Walking with Hands in Pockets’ [Video] - Pontiac Tribune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uRZM9I7Psxs
More nonsense. Read the story. The deputy was responding to a call from a store owner who had been robbed multiple times whose description of the culprit was literally "he keeps walking by the store with his hands in his pockets."

Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post

If you want to dress like a thug and act like a thug, then expect to get treated like a thug.

If you're not tough enough to take the response you're going to receive (which is why you're dressing that way in the first place), then maybe you should improve your fashion sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago