Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 07:05 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
So.... an arrest record justifies a guy getting choked to death because as you put it, "it caught up with him"!

I gave a descriptive list of tragic events that I prayed for yet you need to know if I pray when black people are shot in the hood.

Now you want me to answer all your burning black questions.

Funny, for a man who claims to have his ear to the community so well, you seem a bit lost. Almost as if you don't really live the life you claimed earlier. You don't have black friends, you have people you see in passing.

Have a good day!
My point about Eric Garner was that no, he didn't deserve to die, BUT, he had been previously arrested 30 times! He obviously couldn't stay out of trouble and was leading the life of a criminal. For some reason, he just didn't want to be a law abiding citizen. So, like I said, leading that life caught up with him.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:07 PM

867 posts, read 1,371,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hey, great job feeding the stereotype of blacks as violent and lacking impulse control.

This is the thread that keeps on giving...
You're useless Drover!

After all that was said, this is what you focused on? Guess you didn't notice when I said the same would happen to a black guy suggesting what's wrong with whites in a white neighborhood huh? I know you like to kick the badger on most of these race infused threads. Nice try!

Such the little race baiter!

Last edited by Runuova; 12-08-2014 at 10:24 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 10:37 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,374,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
My point about Eric Garner was that no, he didn't deserve to die, BUT, he had been previously arrested 30 times! He obviously couldn't stay out of trouble and was leading the life of a criminal. For some reason, he just didn't want to be a law abiding citizen. So, like I said, leading that life caught up with him.

He was daring to do the same damn thing the founders of the nation did at the Boston Tea Party...dare to avoid b/s punitive taxes which impoverish the people. the fact that our armed police are even being used as basically nothing more than goonish tax collectors is every bit as frightening as Garner's death is sad.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:09 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Some Black people killed or brutalized by police

Tamir Rice (12 years old, playing with a toy gun)
John Crawford III (killed in Walmart while holding a toy gun, pointed at the floor)
Michael Brown
Kajieme Powell (mentally disturbed man with knife shot within a few seconds of police pulling up)
Eric Garner (killed by chokehold when officer was taking him down)
Aiyana Stanley Jones (7 years old, killed by a grenade thrown into her grandmother's apartment by mistake)
Dante Price (shot by security guards at Virginia Tech - guards indicted)
Kendrec Lavelle McDade (shot after 911 caller lied and said he had been robbed at gunpoint)
Amadou Diallo (West African immigrant with no criminal record shot in vestibule of his apartment building)
Sean Bell (shot at a stag party shortly before he was supposed to be married)
Orlando Barlow (shot while on his knees surrendering)
Aaron Campbell (shot in the back when he came out while cops were supposedly performing a welfare check)
Abner Louima (Haitian immigrant sodomized with a broom stick in police station)
Brian Hundley (dental student shot by off-duty officer after he got out of the car and had his hands on the car)
Marvin Williams (was mistaken for murder suspect and shot while fleeing. the officer had lots of complaints in his jacket)
Jonny Gammage (surrounded by 5 white officers during routine traffic stop, had no weapon, no alcohol or drugs in his system, suffocated after pressure was applied to his neck and chest)

There are plenty more.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
He was daring to do the same damn thing the founders of the nation did at the Boston Tea Party...dare to avoid b/s punitive taxes which impoverish the people. the fact that our armed police are even being used as basically nothing more than goonish tax collectors is every bit as frightening as Garner's death is sad.
Whatever your philosophical or political stance is on taxation is irrelevant. You do the crime, you do the time.
I don't like paying federal income taxes, but guess what...I still do.
This guy knew what he was doing was illegal. He simply didn't want to get a real job. Had he complied with the officer requests, he would have been arrested, fined and back out on the streak breaking the law again today. His fault for not complying with the officers orders.
After chance 1, chance 2, hell....chance 25, you would have thought he would have learned his lesson. Apparently not.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Some Black people killed or brutalized by police

Tamir Rice (12 years old, playing with a toy gun)
John Crawford III (killed in Walmart while holding a toy gun, pointed at the floor)
Michael Brown
Kajieme Powell (mentally disturbed man with knife shot within a few seconds of police pulling up)
Eric Garner (killed by chokehold when officer was taking him down)
Aiyana Stanley Jones (7 years old, killed by a grenade thrown into her grandmother's apartment by mistake)
Dante Price (shot by security guards at Virginia Tech - guards indicted)
Kendrec Lavelle McDade (shot after 911 caller lied and said he had been robbed at gunpoint)
Amadou Diallo (West African immigrant with no criminal record shot in vestibule of his apartment building)
Sean Bell (shot at a stag party shortly before he was supposed to be married)
Orlando Barlow (shot while on his knees surrendering)
Aaron Campbell (shot in the back when he came out while cops were supposedly performing a welfare check)
Abner Louima (Haitian immigrant sodomized with a broom stick in police station)
Brian Hundley (dental student shot by off-duty officer after he got out of the car and had his hands on the car)
Marvin Williams (was mistaken for murder suspect and shot while fleeing. the officer had lots of complaints in his jacket)
Jonny Gammage (surrounded by 5 white officers during routine traffic stop, had no weapon, no alcohol or drugs in his system, suffocated after pressure was applied to his neck and chest)

There are plenty more.
What about the list of cops killed by black people? Do you want to compile that one? Didn't think so.

Unfortunately, the list of blacks killed by other blacks is about 500 times as long as the list you have.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
You realize that also works against blacks doing the same in white neighborhoods right?

Blacks have no choice but to be defensive on the Internet because every post turns into, "You know if those blacks would just get it together".
If any person does a crime, then there ought to be consequences. In every neighborhood. Like getting arrested.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:01 AM

867 posts, read 1,371,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
If any person does a crime, then there ought to be consequences. In every neighborhood. Like getting arrested.
Duh!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:25 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Shurz on the other hand is the kind of high school that keeps Catholic schools in business. Or causes parents to move their kids to suburbia.
It's an amazing example of civic architecture, though. They don't build 'em like that any more.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,374,430 times
Quote:
Whatever your philosophical or political stance is on taxation is irrelevant. You do the crime, you do the time.
I don't like paying federal income taxes, but guess what...I still do.
This guy knew what he was doing was illegal. He simply didn't want to get a real job. Had he complied with the officer requests, he would have been arrested, fined and back out on the streak breaking the law again today. His fault for not complying with the officers orders.
After chance 1, chance 2, hell....chance 25, you would have thought he would have learned his lesson. Apparently not.

bull****...if you avoid paying some tax....do you expect to be surrounded by government thugs on your way to the office. ready to PHYSICALLY wrestle youto the floor for you NON-payment of tax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago