Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM

99 posts, read 136,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
Another person who has no idea what they're talking about.

I smoke to get a slight buzz, not high, because I don't like being really high just like I don't like stumbling around drunk slurring my words. Yes, it's possible to do this and the fact that you think it's not shows how little you know about the subject. A hit or two is buzz worthy and is equivalent to enjoying a beer or two for the buzz. In addition, since you said nobody smokes because they enjoy the taste or any other reason, that is also completely false. Sometimes I will come home from work and take a hit of weed for the taste and then have a cigarette because the taste of a cigarette after smoking a little weed is different than normal and it's delicious.

Also, in reference to your "unable to drive" comment, though I don't drive after smoking, studies show that people high on marijuana are actually pretty careful drivers comparable to being sober. Though I'm still against driving high, I'm just saying to be "unable to drive" you'd have to smoke way more weed than most people do.

Lastly, yes alcohol is more social, but what's wrong with coming home from work, taking a couples hits of marijuana and watching a movie to relax? Why does it need to be social? (At the same time- though I don't consider marijuana social, I know plenty of people who do gather together and smoke and hang out. I prefer not to because it introverts me quite a bit, but it's different for everyone). I drink beer with my buddies when I feel like being social and I smoke when I'm hanging out at home writing music, editing films, doing other creative projects, or watching movies. Like I said in another post, it's a relaxation tool comparable to a glass or two of wine with dinner. And I know countless professionals who enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner. But that's socially acceptable. The reason weed is not acceptable to you is because you're ignorant, misinformed and inexperienced, or you're a baby boomer who group up during the era of extreme government misinformation. Or both.
You are chasing that buzz cause you like to get high.

You can drink and be relaxed, without getting drunk. But you cannot smoke a joint without becoming high. See where this is going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Comparing pot to alcohol is like comparing an apple to an orange. If I go out to the pub after work and drink a pint of Guinness with my mates before heading home for dinner, I would not even register on a breathalyser as to have been drinking at all. If I were to smoke a reefer with my mates before heading home, you better believe I'm going to be stoned and unable to drive, or we just got "ripped off".

Alcohol has a social drinking aspect for most people where they can use it without intoxication. You simply cannot say that about weed. People smoke weed to get high, period. They do not smoke it because they enjoy the taste or any other reason.

Additionally, you would have to be an idiot to think that legalization would eliminate the black market on marijuana. If weed was legalized tomorrow, do you think all these homegrowers with 400 and 1200 watt compressed sodium setups in their basements and closets are going to stop growing and start buying heavily taxed government weed? You can easily yield 4.5 lbs of high-grade bio from a single 1200 watt setup. Where do you think all that now legal weed is going to go once the law is changed? Or are we just suggesting changing the so-called War on Drugs to a new War on Tax Evasion?

Sounds to me like some of you need to get off the pipe.
I agree.

They are in denial.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:40 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or heroin | Reuters

Quote:
Presenting a new scale of drug harm that rates the damage to users themselves and to wider society, the scientists rated alcohol the most harmful overall and almost three times as harmful as cocaine or tobacco.

According to the scale, devised by a group of scientists including Britain's Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs (ISCD) and an expert adviser to the European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), heroin and crack cocaine rank as the second and third most harmful drugs.
Popular intoxicants: what lessons can be learned from the last 40 years of alcohol and cannabis regulation?

Quote:
A recent expert-led comparison of the health and social harms to the user and to others caused by the most commonly used drugs in the UK showed alcohol to be more than twice as harmful as cannabis to users, and five times as harmful as cannabis to others. The findings underline the need for a coherent, evidence-based drugs policy that enables individuals to make informed decisions about the consequences of their drug use.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM

LOL yeah ok.

First of all have you ever seen a Meth head or a Crack user?

You can't be serious to tell me that Alcohol is worse than those two drugs.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM

278 posts, read 636,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer31 View Post
You are chasing that buzz cause you like to get high.
LOL. Pure stupidity. What you said doesn't even make sense.

I am not "chasing" anything. If I was chasing something, I would keep increasing my intake of marijuana. Instead, I smoke small quantities.

Quote:
You can drink and be relaxed, without getting drunk. But you cannot smoke a joint without becoming high. See where this is going?
For the last time, genius, why do you keep insisting that every time someone smokes marijuana, they have to smoke an entire joint? Why do you insist that it's impossible to consume small amounts of marijuana? Why do you not understand that just like alcohol, your level of intoxication depends on how much of the product you consumed? Are you this ignorant and naive? Have you ever heard of a one-hitter? A chillum? A pipe? See, what you can do is put a tiny little amount of marijuana in those devices, take one hit, and be done. And no, you're not "high". You're buzzed. It's actually not that far off from a strong cigarette buzz. I can't remember the last time I smoked a joint. Probably 5 years ago. And one hitters are extremely common and popular in Chicago. Some people like the buzz.

People should not speak about things they know nothing about. It makes you sound like a moron.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:56 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ers-one View Post
it's a common mistake to assume people who support decriminalization or legalization are users as well. I'm a non-user, but support such measures.
+ 1

Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
LOL. Pure stupidity. What you said doesn't even make sense.

I am not "chasing" anything. If I was chasing something, I would keep increasing my intake of marijuana. Instead, I smoke small quantities.

For the last time, genius, why do you keep insisting that every time someone smokes marijuana, they have to smoke an entire joint? Why do you insist that it's impossible to consume small amounts of marijuana? Why do you not understand that just like alcohol, your level of intoxication depends on how much of the product you consumed? Are you this ignorant and naive? Have you ever heard of a one-hitter? A chillum? A pipe? See, what you can do is put a tiny little amount of marijuana in those devices, take one hit, and be done. And no, you're not "high". You're buzzed. It's actually not that far off from a strong cigarette buzz. I can't remember the last time I smoked a joint. Probably 5 years ago. And one hitters are extremely common and popular in Chicago. Some people like the buzz.

People should not speak about things they know nothing about. It makes you sound like a moron.
When you catch a buzz while smoking pot, that is called being high. What don't you get about this?

Old 07-03-2012, 03:04 PM

278 posts, read 636,509 times
Quote:
When you catch a buzz while smoking pot, that is called being high. What don't you get about this?
Then by your logic, when you catch a buzz from two beers, it's called being drunk. What don't you get about this?

Old 07-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Taken from the other poster. Read this and you will get your answer....

If I go out to the pub after work and drink a pint of Guinness with my mates before heading home for dinner, I would not even register on a breathalyser as to have been drinking at all. If I were to smoke a reefer with my mates before heading home, you better believe I'm going to be stoned and unable to drive, or we just got "ripped off".

Alcohol has a social drinking aspect for most people where they can use it without intoxication. You simply cannot say that about weed.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Here's the actual study from webmd

Experts: Alcohol More Harmful Than Crack or Heroin

Quote:
Alcohol was found to be the most harmful drug to society and the fourth most harmful drug to users.

The findings should come as no surprise: Alcohol has been linked to more than 60 diseases.

"Alcohol does all kinds of things in the body, and we're not fully aware of all its effects," alcohol researcher James C. Garbutt, MD, of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, recently told WebMD. "It's a pretty complicated little molecule."
Quote:
Heroin, crack, and crystal meth were the most harmful drugs to the individual, while alcohol, heroin and crack were the most harmful to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago