Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Yea according to the law, walking around with a dime bag in the park will still land you in jail.
Not to mention walking around anywhere if the cop feels like it. They just don't have to now like they used to. And of course, even if they don't arrest you, you still get an enormous ticket. It's a smarter reallocation of police resources, but it's not decriminalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 07:39 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
A step in the right direction, but this issue needs to be taken care of at the State level.
Make that the Federal level. Obama's most disappointing action has been that he has actually ramped up the efforts to crack down on states who have passed medicinal marijuana laws. Dude - we got bigger problems!

Old 06-29-2012, 02:37 PM

278 posts, read 636,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer31 View Post
There is no moderation when people are pot heads.
You're coming off as a total moron. First you make this statement, then you use the zombie face eating man having marijuana in his system as a point of proving marijuana is dangerous. You have serious logic and comprehension problems.

Yeah, there's no moderation when people are pot heads like there's no moderation when someone is an alcoholic. Or addicted to anything. But marijuana is not chemically addictive so what you're saying is the same as saying there's no moderation when someone's a compulsive eater. That's not the entire weed smoking population.

Trust me, plenty of people smoke small quantities of marijuana. Nobody forces themselves to smoke 2 joints every time. Every adult I personally know that consumes marijuana does it usually nightly but in small quantities. It's the equivalent of enjoying a glass of wine with dinner.

You are very ignorant and judgmental.

You're using your personal experience with your moron high school friends as basis to lump all pot smokers together. Imagine if you did that with black people because of all the news articles about black males committing crimes on the south side. See my point?

Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 PM

33 posts, read 70,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer31 View Post
I've seen straight A students become clueless on pot.

Pot is not a good drug, sorry!
anecdote after anecdote. i've attended two top 5 institutions in our country and a good 50-60% of us blaze up from time to time, some on a daily basis...all of us are just fine productive citizens. alcohol addiction/abuse is much more damaging to someone's life, stop acting like weed is any different just because the law says it's illegal, liquor was too at one time (still is in some counties).

as a native californian on my way to chicago, i'm happy to hear this

Old 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Really, who are we kidding.

As mentioned here, so many professionals smoke pot. I can name several myself, as can many others here. People that would surprise you, too, if you're really that naive.

I don't smoke pot. I pop pills. I have enjoyed marijuana, but it is such a hassle and I dislike smoking anything. It isn't as good as, say, valium or xanax with a glass of wine. Sometimes you just want to come home, pour a martini and chase it with a small pill.

Either which way. We are a nation that abuses drugs harder than any other on the planet. Life is hard. Our lives are hard. We Americans require ridiculous amounts of uppers and downers handed to us by trained medical professionals. Who are we kidding by keeping up this pretense of drug-free anything?

Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 PM

467 posts, read 1,891,100 times
Unfortunately, you can still be arrested for smoking pot. It's possession that's been decriminalized.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
Unfortunately, you can still be arrested for smoking pot. It's possession that's been decriminalized.
They have to (or are supposed to) arrest you for smoking pot. They can arrest you still for possession, even though they don't have to. And of course, even if they don't arrest you, you're getting a massive ticket.

Nothing has been decriminalized.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,320 times
This should make for a much more mellow hemp fest and lallapalooza

Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
I'm happy to live in such a progressive city like Chicago. This could be a good thing in the long run. Let's give it some time.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
here's another thought - if you don't like weed, then you shouldn't be listening to and enjoying *any* music made by musicians who smoke it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago