Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 03:04 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I didn't think NYC was that much different. NYC is rank up there in the top 5 for neighborhood division between blacks and whites. What NYC has over us is there is certainly more black and latino integration. I believe some of that has to do with many of them are part black anyway. Ironically the blackest latinos, Dominicans, try their damnest to distinguish themselves from American black people. That is what I heard from NYers.

I somewhat disagree with you on Europe. Black men have a helluva better chance getting a hot or cute white babe than over here. Have you ever watched any British TV/media? IR dating/flings are nothing to them. Nearly half of adult bm over there are married with ww or non bw. Even black women are getting more love from non bm than here. The UK seems decently integrated. Even there riots are diverse. lol A black person gets shot by the cops and you have white people and a few Asians rioting too. One thing I will agree with SoxCub is the dating pool in America is not where it should be, especially in Chicago(third largest city). I undertsand why we haven't got to that point yet. We have that burden of slavery(though the English were one of the main contributors) and Jim Crow. We are maturing as a nation little by little, ever since 1967. There probably a few places in America that can rival Western Europe and maybe Canada. The Twin Cities is one of them. The downside to the Twin Cities is there isn't much of a black middle class there.
NY seems to be more class base and way more progresive.
If you live in lower manhattan people respect and welcome you
as a professional,I think one of the main reason is the people that
lived here come to NY for it diversity just like LA and Miami. I think alot of
midwestern suburbanites,just think chitown is downtown,LP and LV.
and they move here despite minorities. plus NY,LA attract media types
and media types tend to be more multi-cultural.

As far as europe goes yes you will have a better chance with a hot non-blk woman,but my point is you will not get more hot chicks then a white guy who looks like david beckham or brad pitt. interracial marriage rate in europe are not over 50% its more like 20-25%.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:59 PM

28 posts, read 66,902 times
@ptug can you name me some exact places,I should go, you just gave me general neighborhoods.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:26 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,062,630 times
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
You are right, the Homewood-Flossmoor-Olympia-Matteson area is probably the biggest cluster of neighborhoods/suburbs for middle to upper class households.

Although I would imagine that they probably hang out maybe more so at Lincoln Mall in Matteson over River Oaks in the south suburbs.
Umm.. Don't forget about Orland Square Mall (and the shopping and restaurants nearby) over in Orland Park in the southwest suburbs.. Yes, the Orland Park demographics say something different than what you'd actually see if you came down. People (both black and white..) from Matteson, Park Forest, Olympia Fields and Homewood are always over there. It's like downtown, only for the southland and not the entire region.

My question is - Why don't people from Oak Park ever go to Orland? There are folks in far out Northwest Indiana who drive long distances just to go Orland - and it's prabobly easier for someone in Oak Park. I guess folks in Oak Park have other places to go and they don't bother with Orland. Like Oak Brook and maybe even Naperville.

River Oaks is more of a neighborhood mall but Orland is pretty big.. Having lived near Matteson my whole life, I never really went to River Oaks much. Although it's not foreign to me either. (Hopefully my white skin doesn't mean my experiences with the area I've lived in my whole life mean less to you). If I choose to go to Westwood College to get my education instead of a college downtown with a strenuous commute, I'll prabobly be hanging out at River Oaks Mall frequently (especially the food court).

Last edited by urza216; 09-03-2011 at 05:26 PM..

Old 09-03-2011, 05:14 PM

207 posts, read 506,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
As far as europe goes yes you will have a better chance with a hot non-blk woman,but my point is you will not get more hot chicks then a white guy who looks like david beckham or brad pitt.
Thats not true I have a black friend in Germany right now, who says that he's never coming home....he say the women over there can't keep his hands off of him. In Europe black American men are exotic and in-demand....I've heard some crazy stories.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
a

Umm.. Don't forget about Orland Square Mall (and the shopping and restaurants nearby) over in Orland Park in the southwest suburbs.. Yes, the Orland Park demographics say something different than what you'd actually see if you came down. People (both black and white..) from Matteson, Park Forest, Olympia Fields and Homewood are always over there. It's like downtown, only for the southland and not the entire region.

My question is - Why don't people from Oak Park ever go to Orland? There are folks in far out Northwest Indiana who drive long distances just to go Orland - and it's prabobly easier for someone in Oak Park. I guess folks in Oak Park have other places to go and they don't bother with Orland. Like Oak Brook and maybe even Naperville.

River Oaks is more of a neighborhood mall but Orland is pretty big.. Having lived near Matteson my whole life, I never really went to River Oaks much. Although it's not foreign to me either. (Hopefully my white skin doesn't mean my experiences with the area I've lived in my whole life mean less to you). If I choose to go to Westwood College to get my education instead of a college downtown with a strenuous commute, I'll prabobly be hanging out at River Oaks Mall frequently (especially the food court).
I dont know about orlandmall, you have to understand tensions
from southwest part of the city in the 60;s has kind of trickled
down to the southwestbburbs. You can see this by the fact that alot of whites moved out of mattson and country club hills, and into tinley park
and other neighborhoods. I dont know if orland would be the best place for a hook u,but ppl from all over come from orland so its def worth checking out.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxCub Fan View Post
Thats not true I have a black friend in Germany right now, who says that he's never coming home....he say the women over there can't keep his hands off of him. In Europe black American men are exotic and in-demand....I've heard some crazy stories.
yes they maybe be in demand and get a bigger piece of the pie.
but in any western world country. Someone who looks like brad pitt is gonna get more overrall play then someone who looks like will smith.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:39 PM

943 posts, read 3,334,071 times
Interesting thread, you know what's funny? I was in Chicago a few weeks ago and I've never had that many white men flirt/approach me (I'm a 27 black woman from the NY metro area).

Old 09-03-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
You can see this by the fact that alot of whites moved out of mattson and country club hills, and into tinley park
and other neighborhoods. I dont know if orland would be the best place for a hook u,but ppl from all over come from orland so its def worth checking out.
Can see what? And a lot of whites still live there, of course. Well, maybe not CC Hills but Matteson and Park Forest, yeah. I don't know why you're bringing this up.

Most people aren't city-data nerds and don't avoid Tinley Park because of a grudge they have against it because of where the white people moved. As an example of what I was talking about, if you're coming from Country Club Hills, Matteson or Park Forest, the nearest TGI Fridays is in Tinley Park. You will be sorely disappointed if you expect a lily white environment. You should expect a more mixed environment than the Applebees in Matteson or by River Oaks.

Quote:
I dont know if orland would be the best place for a hook u,but ppl from all over come from orland so its def worth checking out.
For a black guy looking for a white girl? Well, it's prabobly better than River Oaks. lol

Last edited by urza216; 09-03-2011 at 06:19 PM..

Old 09-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
For a black guy looking for a white girl? Well, it's prabobly better than River Oaks. lol
I dont know,I think a blk guy has a better chance with a southeast
suburban/NW indiana suburban white chick then a southwest suburban white girl. I advise river oaks if you want a latin chick,because its probably the only place out south, you could get one. Otherwise you gotta go up north.

The white girls at orland are gorgeus though,but southwest suburb girls
are tough,hopefully some of them are from the west burbs. so its defintly worth a try better than LP, but woodfield is probably the best mall.

I dont understand why they dont have any bars around orland

Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:

I dont understand why they dont have any bars around orland
Well, they do - but a lot of them are adjacent to restaurants. They're still bars in every sense though.

Last edited by urza216; 09-03-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago