Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,428 times

Advertisements

Not at all. Its nice but not great and the image kills it for me. Not exactly quality/reliable filled either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
I would only buy an Escalade if I could sell it at a profit. I would not be seen driving one.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I like the Escalade, I always have. However, the older models, pre-2007, were more unique than their GM cousins and carried less of a mark-up. If I was looking for an Escalade style vehicle today it would be really hard to justify it versus a GMC Yukon Denali, which is the exact same truck, with the exact same engine (FYI, until 2009 you could only get the 6.2L in the Escalade or Yukon Denali. Now, you can also get it in the Tahoe LTZ, but all non-Denali and non-LTZ's use the standard 5.3L). So, what's the difference between a Yukon Denali and an Escalade. The front grill, badges and the price. The Denali is far and away the better buy if you want this kind of truck and don't care about the "status" of an Escalade. The Denali is even arguably better looking with its more conservative sheet metal.
I had an '08 Denali before trading it in for my '10 F-150 and eventually got my fiancee a '10 Escalade. The Escalade is a nice vehicle and I will admit the fit/finish and materials used DO beat that of my Denali.

Different strokes for different folks. Would I trade the Escalade for my Denali? Probably not even though the Escalade does have more bling than I would personally put on a vehicle.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:29 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
impressive vehicle imo.

2008 Cadillac Escalade Black Raven Moonroof Nav DVD Quad Seating (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/ctd/2119163550.html - broken link)
No, but I am not into late models, I'm not into SUVs, more into smaller, nimbler, and more economical vehicles.

$40K would probably get you a damn decent NSX, probably a "his and hers" set of Miata, a wide variety of Corvettes, really only the rare old ones and quite new ones are off the table at this price point. Many desirable Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, are available for $40K or less. Etc, etc.

There are too many cars out there that I consider more desirable for the same or less money, so I would pass on the Escalade.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:11 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,589,470 times
Buddy of mine had a new 07, which was the year they came out with the current body style. I thought that thing was pretty ridiculous, but I'm into smaller and sportier vehicles. (Usually he is too...Porsche, Infiniti, etc). He kept it for maybe a year before he was sick of it and ended up off-loading it at a huge loss I'm almost positive.

I think these sorts of vehicles are inherently tacky, but I'm a hypocrite. A 12-14 mpg gas guzzling M3 = beautiful performance machine. A similarly wasteful and decadent 6,000 lb/400 hp SUV = everything wrong and obnoxious about America. But again, I'm a hypocrite and I admit it.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I wouldn't own either of those cars. The ES is simply there for people to flog the Lexus badge on an otherwise mediocre car and the Navigator is 2nd runner up to the already questionable Escalade.

Lol, if a ES is mediocre, I would love you hear your definition of a above medicore car.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:33 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
(FYI, until 2009 you could only get the 6.2L in the Escalade or Yukon Denali. Now, you can also get it in the Tahoe LTZ, but all non-Denali and non-LTZ's use the standard 5.3L). .
6.2 was only available for MY 09. They dropped it for MY 10. 5.3 is all that is available today.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:27 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,082,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
Lol, if a ES is mediocre, I would love you hear your definition of a above medicore car.
I'll take my Infiniti G35 and BMW 530i over the ES any day of the week. A hooker in a nice dress is still a hooker and a Camry with a gussied up interior is still a Camry.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'll take my Infiniti G35 and BMW 530i over the ES any day of the week. A hooker in a nice dress is still a hooker and a Camry with a gussied up interior is still a Camry.
Its funny you make fun of the ES for being a gussied up Camry but the G35 is simply a Japanese Nissan Skyline rebadge. To make matters worse while sportier, it is far less refined and reliable.

NISSAN : English VEHICLES

530 is a good car but it should be better, it is a higher level car.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:27 AM

780 posts, read 2,924,591 times
For me, it's about the value for the money. Is $40k for an '08 Escalade cheap ? I don't know, how much was it new ? What condition is it in ? What mileage ? Any upgrades ? Which trim (EXT, ESV or the short wheelbase) ? What options ? What is its history ? What color combo ? And a whole bunch of other questions.

Will I pay for $40k for an '08 Escalade today if all those questions were answered correctly ? Probably not. The focus for my stable doesn't include vehicles such as an Escalade. I'm going to need more money to overcome my common sense.

Will spend $40k for a '11 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon with 3-pedal 6-speed manual transmission in black ? Will I spend double of that ($80k) for the same car equipped with Hennessey V700 package ? Will I spend $80k for an '08+ Viper ACR in w/ low mileage and in mint conditions ? The answer to those is FUC|< YEA !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC