Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,826 times

Advertisements

I am in need of a new ( to me ) used vehicle. I like both the durango and the escalade. I have had a Yukon and Suburbans in the past but just bad luck with those is making me want to go in different direction. Anyone got any reasons why I should go with one over the other or things to be aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,702,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I am in need of a new ( to me ) used vehicle. I like both the durango and the escalade. I have had a Yukon and Suburbans in the past but just bad luck with those is making me want to go in different direction. Anyone got any reasons why I should go with one over the other or things to be aware of?
Obviously the Durango would be quite a bit cheaper. You could probably buy a fully-loaded, brand-new Durango for the price of a used Escalade. I've owned both a Yukon Denali (2008) and a Caddy Escalade (2010) and both are great vehicles. Personally...there isn't a whole lot of difference in features from a Denali to an Escalade but the price differential is fairly substantial. Both vehicles got about 14-15 mpg in mixed driving and were big, comfortable SUV's.

The Cadillac has more bling than a Durango but the insurance on my Escalade was RIDICULOUS. I paid nearly 1/3 more in insurance yearly for the Escalade versus the Denali.

What is your price range? I would personally go for a 2010+ vehicle with low miles and preferably something only a year or two old with some warranty left. I never had problems with either vehicle but Cadillac's can be expensive to repair if out of warranty.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,826,108 times
If you have had bad luck with your Yukon and Suburban than I would be a little hesitant about getting an Escalade. They share a lot of components with the exception of plastic chrome.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:39 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,278,662 times
Theyre both junk.. avoid bulky SUVs. Get a CRV or something

Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
Not really...they're both nice SUV's. I've never had a problem with either my Denali or Escalade, both were comfortable, and had plenty of gadgets and gizmos. They most certainly weren't "junk". My Denali stickered for something like $55K back in 2008 and I'd probably go with another one versus paying a $20K premium to have the Cadillac badge.

CRV's are God-awful ugly, I don't understand why anyone would want one. Besides the OP obviously wants a full-size SUV not some Honda piece of junk.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
The Escalade is a pimp-mobile. Expensive Suburban. I would be embarrassed to be seen in one. The Durango is Chrysler.

All are reasons to avoid.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The Escalade is a pimp-mobile. Expensive Suburban. I would be embarrassed to be seen in one. The Durango is Chrysler.

All are reasons to avoid.
Just because you don't care for the appearance of the Escalade doesn't mean many people share your sentiment. Obviously the OP likes both vehicles and while I agree that Chrysler products are notorious for inferior quality, the new Durango is top-notch.

If you want/need a full-size SUV, it's very difficult to beat the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 PM

861 posts, read 1,250,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I wouldn't own a Escalade, but given those two choices, I'd choose the Escalade. Then I'd get some working girls to manage and help me make the payment

Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,206,442 times
How do we know the "new" durangos wont give as much trouble as the first ones? Answer is "we dont" in spite of what the car salesmen says

Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 PM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
Ha that's funny.....CRV is a tin can made in Mexico!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive