Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by financelife View Post
Mountain Creek Rd has apts with mountain views around $600 or less.
that's where we were headed until they told us 30 days out that they didn't have what we needed. It worked out well though since we ended up in a 3/2/2 house on 1/2 an acre for just a little more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 AM

342 posts, read 751,894 times
I've been following this thread for a while. Great info, videos and tips.

What sort of houses are available in this area in the $300-400K range?

Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 PM

In that range you can get a lot! We're looking to spend half that and get a 4/2 with in-law quarters, 2 car garage, on at least 1/2 an acre in a good school district and nice area. Of course you to have a very good realtor to find something like that

Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knagy389us View Post
I've been following this thread for a while. Great info, videos and tips.

What sort of houses are available in this area in the $300-400K range?
Big ones

Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 PM

Dude, where have you been all my life

Old 12-11-2007, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
Post Moving Decisions

My hubby and I just agreed it is time to move. We are bored, need some adventure...someplace new. All kids are gone and after 10 years here, we don't have deep roots. He wants to transfer to TN. Could be Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville. A little knowledge may be a dangerous thing, but if anyone knows whether or not we will be able to find land on which to build with minimal covenants...rural but within 30 min of work, we'd appreciate the info. We may want to buy land first, sell out here, then move.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM

611 posts, read 1,998,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS36 View Post
My hubby and I just agreed it is time to move. We are bored, need some adventure...someplace new. All kids are gone and after 10 years here, we don't have deep roots. He wants to transfer to TN. Could be Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville. A little knowledge may be a dangerous thing, but if anyone knows whether or not we will be able to find land on which to build with minimal covenants...rural but within 30 min of work, we'd appreciate the info. We may want to buy land first, sell out here, then move.
Plenty of that around Chattanooga. Look at Soddy Daisy, Mountain Creek area.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 AM

31 posts, read 100,633 times
There are opportunities for land in the rural areas and several rural communities around the Chattanooga area. If you would like specific information I will be glad to email it to you. My email address is: LWClark@realtycenter.com

Old 12-19-2007, 02:12 PM

7 posts, read 25,241 times
Default There's A Calvary Chapel Chatty?!?!?!?!?!

Omigosh, Tridad! (That's your name, right?) We are Calvary Chapel Sarasota and are moving to Chattanooga in July!!!!!!
I am ecstatic! Just perused website and am thrilled!!! PTL PTL PTL!

By the way...is living on Lookout Mtn bad? I mean, it seems perfectly idyllic and lovely but is it obnoxious trying to find "real" people? Do you know wha I mean? Too much privelege? We fell in love with the charm and homes but are concerned about that aspect...

Old 12-19-2007, 02:20 PM

7 posts, read 25,241 times
Default We are from tampa 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Boettcher View Post
I see everyone interested in moving here I moved here 2. yrs. ago. Suggest to rent first then decide where and make sure you buy smart. If having a house built check out the builder on tn.gov make sure lic. and insured....Ours walk off the job and left us hanging....And people don't understand the concept of property values along with getting them perked and soil tested first before buying and mineral rights. In the mountains I have learned alot and I work everyday educating my clients the way I learned. We moved here from Tampa FL and learn alot.
I would love to hear more observations about the move from TPA to Chatty! We are headed that way in a few mos.... what neighborhood did you choose? We are thinking of renting too, since there seems to be so much diversity demographically....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga