Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,077 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Chattanooga next Friday. I have been looking at apartments online and will be in town on Saturday to search in person. Can someone please point me in the right direction for a decent place? I dont have a lot to spend per month (550-575). I am looking for a 1 bedroom or studio in a good complex if it exists.

Thanks for your help,
Marty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 05:58 PM

155 posts, read 337,328 times
If you haven't been yet, visit Chattanooga Apartments - Find Apartments in Chattanooga

I recommend checking out the Alpine Villas Apartments in Red Bank. I was just apartment hunting a couple weeks ago myself, and they should be showing an available 1 bedroom that just became available today. I believe they're showing it through the 10th, if I recall correctly. Those apartments have good reviews, and a friend of mine knows people who live/have lived there and I've heard nothing but great things about it. They're listed at $495 for a 1-bedroom town home on the website above.

Myself, I just moved in to the River Hills Manor on Hixson Pike (I had it narrowed down to either here or the place above). I got a furnished efficiency here for $570/month with all utilities paid for. It's not bad... walls are thick and I get no neighbor noise, maintanence seems to be excellent, the people in the office are friendly, laundry room is clean, ample parking (but non-assigned). It's all indoor entrances, so no tracking mud in from outside. Only complaints so far are the heat/AC units are fairly noisy, and you get some hall noise (doors aren't very soundproof)... but only during the day, nights have been quiet so far.

Good luck! I'd recommend a few others I had researched too, but I deleted my list. Sorry!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 AM

2 posts, read 7,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlocal View Post
If you haven't been yet, visit Chattanooga Apartments - Find Apartments in Chattanooga

I recommend checking out the Alpine Villas Apartments in Red Bank. I was just apartment hunting a couple weeks ago myself, and they should be showing an available 1 bedroom that just became available today. I believe they're showing it through the 10th, if I recall correctly. Those apartments have good reviews, and a friend of mine knows people who live/have lived there and I've heard nothing but great things about it. They're listed at $495 for a 1-bedroom town home on the website above.

Myself, I just moved in to the River Hills Manor on Hixson Pike (I had it narrowed down to either here or the place above). I got a furnished efficiency here for $570/month with all utilities paid for. It's not bad... walls are thick and I get no neighbor noise, maintanence seems to be excellent, the people in the office are friendly, laundry room is clean, ample parking (but non-assigned). It's all indoor entrances, so no tracking mud in from outside. Only complaints so far are the heat/AC units are fairly noisy, and you get some hall noise (doors aren't very soundproof)... but only during the day, nights have been quiet so far.

Good luck! I'd recommend a few others I had researched too, but I deleted my list. Sorry!
Thanks for your input!! I really appreciate it. I am headed out that way this weekend and will check the Alpine Villa's out.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 PM

155 posts, read 337,328 times
No guarantees, I never actually went and saw them myself, just going on the recommendation I had about it . But it did sound like a good one. But like I said, browse through that Apartment Guide website and you might find a few others too, lot of good info on that site.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,825,716 times
Please let me know what you find! My mom is thinking of relocating and would need a 1 BR or studio for less than $575/mo. My husband and I live in a 1 BR, but rent is $645. That's too much for her on a fixed income. Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM

849 posts, read 2,964,700 times
I will add I searched on Craigslist, and if it seems to good to be true it likely is. There are many on CL that advertise a beautiful apartment, furnished, updated, etc, and when I responded by email because they don't have phone numbers, I received a nice reply asking me to fill out their "online application" with free credit report "from a reputable credit report site which should garner some trust". Those were pretty much the specific words verbatim that I received from two ads.

I started to fill them out and they just didn't feel right. I responded to one that I had a credit report from Experian that I completed and they never responded to me. Another I responded to that I would be happy to come and fill out my application with them in person, also no dice. Bottom line, they are out to scam you into a free credit report which will end up costing you monthly until you can shake it loose of your credit card.

Just be careful if you use CL, I ended up finding a wonderful place in Hixson from an individual. If they can't give you a phone number, move on. Don't fill out a credit report.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,286,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
I started to fill them out and they just didn't feel right. I responded to one that I had a credit report from Experian that I completed and they never responded to me. Another I responded to that I would be happy to come and fill out my application with them in person, also no dice. Bottom line, they are out to scam you into a free credit report which will end up costing you monthly until you can shake it loose of your credit card.

Just be careful if you use CL, I ended up finding a wonderful place in Hixson from an individual. If they can't give you a phone number, move on. Don't fill out a credit report.
A monthly credit-watch fee would be the least of your worries. The act of filling out a credit report gives an identity thief everything needed to steal your identity (name, SSN, address, bank and savings info, partial address history, etc.) You could end up owing tens of thousands or more on credit cards that you never knew you had. You can get good deals on CL, but it's like hunting for pearls in a lagoon filled with sharks.

Back to apartments, did you have a part of town in mind? Near a job or school? Would you mind a long commute?

Unfortunately, that's the extent of my contribution to this thread because I don't know anything about apartments in Chattanooga.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 21,789 times
Stay away from Marina Pointe in Hixson!

Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 PM

26 posts, read 81,052 times
While in town drive down Mountain Creek Rd (you can google map it) and check out some of those apartments. I moved into my place about five months ago and really wish I had looked into some of these places. They seem to be better priced than my place and still in a nice, safe place. Of course, this is still coming from someone who is not super familiar with the area still. Worth a short, right?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:03 AM

849 posts, read 2,964,700 times
Marina Pointe, had been trying to sell me hard. What problems did you run into with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga