Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times

Advertisements

My mom said it reminded her a lot of Pennsylvania. Knoxville, to me, did seem to have a "northern" look about it when driving on the highways. We drove through part of Farragut when US 11 turned into Kingston Pike, and could tell it was a nice area. Our online searches before coming indicated possible suitable neighborhoods in the north part of town.

We wanted to look at a house in Murphy Hill The neighborhood looked nice, however, one had to wonder what the traffic was like on Maynardville Hwy. Overall there was more noticeable traffic than in Chattanooga (which is to be expected)

We headed downtown to find Gay Street & the surrounding attractions, and we weren't disappointed. It's obvious that there is a concerted effort to make the area a point of destination. Delightful surprises included 'Tomato Head' on Market St (worth checking out!) and the museum/library on Gay St that is free of charge. Displayed on the third floor is the first rifle owned by Davy Crockett. To bad they don't let you take pictures up there.

The UT campus is a site to see. The collegiate atmosphere permeates the air. Something was going on that Saturday and the streets & sidewalks were overrun by the masses dressed in orange & white. It didn't take much for me to slip back into university mindset, but alas I was with my Mom We stopped to buy a few t-shirts though, and quickly transformed ourselves into acceptable members of the area.

We didn't do as much in depth research with surrounding neighborhoods because I had the feeling if we are to relocate to TN it will not be in Knoxville. My wife coming from Los Angeles, and me being here in Miami for over 20 years....we just want to live somewhere that's a little slower paced than what I saw life to be in Knoxville. I think Chattanooga may be the place for us. That said...I do believe that it could become a business destination since it's only about 90 minutes away from Chattanooga.

One last thing....you have got to eat at Puleo's Grille if you visit Knoxville. The food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g

Last edited by Jon F Moss; 04-12-2007 at 02:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Exclamation New video

Overall, my trip to Tennessee was very fruitful. The intention was not to do the touristy stuff, but to check out neighborhoods, pop into stores & markets, talk with locals, and scope out potential churches. Anyone contemplating a move is recommended (if possible) to do something similar.

We have some big decisions to make in the near future. Thank you everyone for encouraging us along the way.

As a treat...I've uploaded a new version of the footage we took during the trip. Click on my screen name, and hit 'visit TriDad's homepage!' to see for yourself. and get a sneak peak at the family that could be headed your way!

Last edited by Jon F Moss; 04-12-2007 at 03:21 PM..

Old 04-12-2007, 04:13 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
TriDad:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

That video is incredible. I don't want to sound too sentimental, because I'm sure people on here think I'm nuts as it is, but that video was just beautiful!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,442 times
Sooooo.....right now we are praying about the if's and the when's and all there is to consider.....The possibilities are really awesome. I know I was not there, but I love what I saw on the video and in the pictures. I know Tridad, my husband, was sooooo excited when he got back!

We will keep you guys posted about our decision when we figure things out. The one thing I know for sure is I have to test for licensure (LCSW-Licensed Clinical Social Worker), but have to take a class first this summer....sooo, I know we cannot do anything till at least September. I have put too much time and money into getting licensed here in Florida to move away this close to the end without finishing!

Glad you liked the video Hiknapster.....Hubby loves making videos and sharing them with people!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
TriDad:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

That video is incredible. I don't want to sound too sentimental, because I'm sure people on here think I'm nuts as it is, but that video was just beautiful!

which one are you referring to? The one of our daughter, the one from Tennessee, or the one from Christmas '05?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
I didn't watch the Christmas video. The one of your daughter is adorable.

But, I meant the Tennessee video. Great editing, wonderful soundtrack...I give it a great big thumbs up!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 AM

thank you...I'm available for weddings & bar mitzvahs! hehe

Old 04-13-2007, 10:52 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,317,005 times
Awesome videos Tridad!! I about cried over the one with your daughter, that is priceless!
The one of your trip was great too! I haven't been to Chatt in years and loved seeing it again, what a change! Some folks on this forum say I should get a job at the chamber as I talk so much about the Tri-Cities I love so much but I think you need to work for the State with relocation assistance! hahahahha Great job I so need to learn how to do that video, pictures on CD with music and such. I have some great pics and videos of my boys that I would love to do that with and give them to them on their birthdays.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM

117 posts, read 488,328 times
Tridad, I loved you videos!!! They were great! Two words i have to say about you myspace site -- REZ band!!! I didn't know they were still together!!! WOW

Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Awesome videos Tridad!! I about cried over the one with your daughter, that is priceless!
The one of your trip was great too! I haven't been to Chatt in years and loved seeing it again, what a change! Some folks on this forum say I should get a job at the chamber as I talk so much about the Tri-Cities I love so much but I think you need to work for the State with relocation assistance! hahahahha Great job I so need to learn how to do that video, pictures on CD with music and such. I have some great pics and videos of my boys that I would love to do that with and give them to them on their birthdays.
it's really not that difficult. with a little instruction I bet you'd be a wiz at it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga