Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Teenagers should not be riding around with guns whether they are AK-47s or BB guns. Period....Paragraph!!!!
Nor should anyone else in a state with no official gun register.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 10:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Nor should anyone else in a state with no official gun register.
Not sure what you are trying to say . . . guns are registered here. ????

Old 03-16-2010, 10:15 AM

314 posts, read 486,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Ani

I think the poster met that no one should be carrying a gun that is not register with the state.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:17 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,071 times
Quote:
Who with?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoorecharlotte View Post
Ani

I think the poster met that no one should be carrying a gun that is not register with the state.

Ani's point was, we do not register guns in this state.

You do have to pass a background check to get a permit to BUY one, but if you come to NC with one there is no way or requirement to "register" it (except in Durham county apparently).

Gun Ownership FAQ

Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM

314 posts, read 486,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani's point was, we do not register guns in this state.

You do have to pass a background check to get a permit to BUY one, but if you come to NC with one there is no way or requirement to "register" it (except in Durham county apparently).

Gun Ownership FAQ
My bad. I thought Ani didn't understand what the "poster" was trying to say.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoorecharlotte View Post

My bad. I thought Ani didn't understand what the "poster" was trying to say.
Actually, you and Loves are both correct as to my post - I was confused about Susan's point, as we do have to register ourselves as gun owners and as Loves said - have a background check. As far as registering individual guns, I was wondering what Susan's point was. What does it matter what individual guns a person has?

Folks who shouldn't have a gun are the point . . . and underage kids shouldn't have a gun in their possession. Period.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM

108 posts, read 119,364 times
I believe we're getting confused with conceiled and non-conceiled license. One can apply for a permit after a local investigation that allows a person to purchase up to three registered pistols. If one has a conceiled permit, as I do, there is a thorough background investigation involving FBI, VA, local hospitals, police department and many other organizations and the investigtation takes at least three months. With the conceiled permit, one can purchase a pistol at any time in the state without a permit per pistol. Of course in any case, the pistols are registered.

Purchasing rifles do not require the same investigations. Automatic weapons are not sold by gun stores. Nevertheless, there are very strict guidelines for selling/purchasing assault type weapons that can easily be converted to full automatic, IE. AR15s.

Teenagers should not have guns in their automobiles unless they are going hunting (animal). However, having a gun in ones possession for protection and having it in the open is legal. After watching the nutjob on the T.V. that was "assaulted" and hearing that he instigated the situation, I have serious doubts about his innocense. I will hold no judgement until I get the truth and nothing but the truth.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Folks who shouldn't have a gun are the point . . . and underage kids shouldn't have a gun in their possession. Period.
Correct.

The questions are WHO owns this gun and WHY was it not secured from minors/unauthorized access.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Correct.

The questions are WHO owns this gun and WHY was it not secured from minors/unauthorized access.
Exactly. That is why I want to see what the police have to say to the PARENTS of these underage kids.

Further, what kind of supervision could teens have who are able to carry a gun to a car and go cruising w/ a bunch of other kids? Where are the parents and why are they not monitoring their kids better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte