Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,856,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO PANTHERS!! View Post
Susan, please don't take any my responses as un-welcoming to your opinion. I'm happy to hear your side, and I have an opinion of my own... Feel welcome to share your opinion in the discussion.

I felt tension, its not that everyone is against you, it's that most of us have a similar opinion that differs from yours. There are plenty of people out there that feel like you do.. And they are all just as crazy as you are.. LOL.. just kidding

But I see no reason for that post if it wasn't in relation to our current discussion. I think anyone reading here would have drawn the same conclusion I did about your intent.
Just speaking for myself, that is how I read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,566,889 times
Quote:
Susan, please don't take any my responses as un-welcoming to your opinion. I'm happy to hear your side, and I have an opinion of my own... Feel welcome to share your opinion in the discussion.

I felt tension, its not that everyone is against you, it's that most of us have a similar opinion that differs from yours. There are plenty of people out there that feel like you do.. And they are all just as crazy as you are.. LOL.. just kidding

But I see no reason for that post if it wasn't in relation to our current discussion. I think anyone reading here would have drawn the same conclusion I did about your intent.
[b][i]Reason I asked was because I found this (doesn't say for which year, or give their source) and was quite astounded at the comparisons.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I posted it because I was surprised.That's what I said.Simple as that.

Don't worry-I've been accused of losing my prescription for my medication on here before, so please don't think you're unique in that.
I'm also quite used to having a different opinion to most people here, and to how that makes them behave. I believe it's called power in numbers, or something like that

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 PM

530 posts, read 1,187,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
[b][i]Reason I asked was because I found this (doesn't say for which year, or give their source) and was quite astounded at the comparisons.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I posted it because I was surprised.That's what I said.Simple as that.

Don't worry-I've been accused of losing my prescription for my medication on here before, so please don't think you're unique in that.
I'm also quite used to having a different opinion to most people here, and to how that makes them behave. I believe it's called power in numbers, or something like that
there are a few opinions here I dis-agree with as well. You aren't alone.. Is she Ani?

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:50 AM..

Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,588,992 times
I can't give much credibility to any source that brags that they can also supply
the toothless count of a State.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 AM

108 posts, read 120,841 times
Quote:
there are a few opinions here I dis-agree with as well. You aren't alone.. Is she Ani?
You go girl! It is perfectly normal for one to empower themselves by making outrageous comments on message boards. That is what boards are all about.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,781,281 times
moderator note:
from the terms of service
Quote:
We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words

Old 03-19-2010, 07:46 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,856,172 times
Quote:
LOL! Well, the way I see it (and know you agree, Panthers) is we can agree or we can disagree - but the neat thing is - getting other perspectives. Sometimes I learn from the different angles other folks bring to an issue.

I hope I am never so entrenched in my thinking as to not recognize the logic in a good "argument" or to see the value in having a different point of view.

On the right to bear arms, I am very firm on that, b/c it is a right guaranteed by our Constitution and one which my forefathers fought to preserve. So my feelings are based on many things, from the law of the land to personal experience and the history of my family, many of whom were homesteaders here in 1776. I feel very strongly about the right to protect myself and my land.

I can understand if anyone feels differently and have no problem with that. But there really is nothing to disagree over - as it is up to each person to decide if they wish to own a firearm. Since it is a "right," if someone else chooses to exercise it (or not) it is their business and I don't care what they choose. I always find it curious, though, when the people who choose not to exercise their rights (on any subject) are derisive of those who do choose to exercise their rights.

My concern with this topic has nothing to do with the right to bear arms; that is an established fact - we have the right to do that. My concern is with over-reactive "kids" feeling they need to have firearms in their possession while driving on a Sunday afternoon, in a relatively "safe" area of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte