Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,474 times

Advertisements

Many search for info on theme parks and will come here for Carowinds info. There have been some great threads.

They have just recently opened for the year and there have been many, many changes.

I took a group of 5. We purchases Seasons Pass $80, Wow Pass $60, and 3 general admission [$40 each] tickets online. Plus, for Easter they had a buffet lunch so I purchased 2 more meal tickets (general admission included the buffet) for the pass holders.

IF someone plans on going to Carowinds at least twice in a season, a seasons pass is the way to go IF you drive. Parking is $10 and with a seasons pass it's free.
So only one in a family needs the seasons pass....the others can get the Wow which allowes unlimited admission.

Scarowinds is free with the seasons pass...not the wow. So if you attend Scarowinds, you may want to opt for the seasons pass.

There is no military discount anymore....only a $31 ticket. If you go on a day where admission is less.... getting a military ticket will end up costing you MORE.

Food prices are still outrageous (like theme parks are) but Wendy's is at the end of the parking lot.

They check bags (they claim for weapons) for food so leave your coolers in the car. Do take an empty water bottle or even cups.....the $8 cool cup you can buy is refillable all season for $2.50. I wish it were smaller as liquid is HEAVY and I hated carrying around that full bottle. So water during the day and use the cup at meals.

Carowinds has been part of my family since I was little and even though my oldest two are away from the nest, I still have one high schooler at home. It serves its purpose here in the Carolinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Good information! Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,002 times
If you're going for the whole day, pack some food in your car & leave the park for lunch at your car. Have your hand stamped as you leave the park so you can get back in.

If you get a 1 day ticket, you feel obligated to stay until you're pooped to get your money's worth. If you have a season pass, consider going in the late afternoon, at 4:00 or 5:00. It's getting cooler and the crowds are thinning. Lines are shorter in some of the popular rides. We've gone to Whitewater Rapids and ridden 4 or 5 times is sucession without waiting near closing time. A 4 hour visit is long enough to have some fun without getting worn out.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Yep, we always get 4 season' passes.
We have already been twice, so the passes are paid for.

You do not feel like you have to stay ALL day to get your money's worth, we typically just go for 4 hours or so at a time. The food is horrible and very expensive, so we try not to eat there. My kids are small, so after 4 hours they are ready to eat anyway and the only food edible at Carowinds is Chick-fil-A (obviously closed on Sunday). SO...conveniently there is a Cracker Barrel by the exit.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM

18 posts, read 142,624 times
I've only been to Carrowinds twice, but if it's anything like my "home park" Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and nearly every other theme park, you can get a cup of ice water for free. Just go to any drink station and ask.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,474 times
Someone posted this question somewhere and I just heard today....

Burger King has the discount tickets....just 'cobra' size your meal in honor of the roller coaster and on the cup is a coupon....think it's $10 - $15 off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte