Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:41 PM

999 posts, read 4,655,429 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how busy it gets this time of year, it looks like they're operating on weekends starting in April, so we'll be there some weekends visiting my husband. I thought I'd get us season passes since 2 visits and we'll have paid for them (me and my younger daughter will especially enjoy going, even if we leave my husband and other daughter home!)
Thanks!
Joan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM

50 posts, read 183,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
Just wondering how busy it gets this time of year, it looks like they're operating on weekends starting in April, so we'll be there some weekends visiting my husband. I thought I'd get us season passes since 2 visits and we'll have paid for them (me and my younger daughter will especially enjoy going, even if we leave my husband and other daughter home!)
Thanks!
Joan
The Borg ride had to be shut down last week b/c it injured some employees. I would check the observer for more info.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 PM

178 posts, read 875,865 times
Quote:
Thanks!
Joan
You are smart to go this time of year. In July/August, the heat is unbearable & the crowds insufferable!! If you must go in July/August, plan your day at the water park where you can stay cool. Enjoy!!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,218,438 times
Quote:
Thanks!
Joan
Hey there Joan - Carowinds opens March 24. It only operates on the weekends (with a few extra days in April and May). Then come June its open pretty much every day (you can view the calendar on their website)

http://www3.cedarfair.com/carowinds/#actions (broken link)

Opening day gets pretty crazy. We have had passes the last couple of years...but have decided to opt out this year (new owners/new prices). But you are right...if you think you are going to go more than twice you should definitely buy the season pass. Or (another option) buy a day pass the first time (decide if you like it or not before you leave the park)...if you did enjoy your time and want a season pass..just go back to the ticket office and they will apply that day pass towards the purchase of your season pass.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:16 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,682,858 times
I'm sure Carowinds will be slammed on the weekends. The weather is getting really nice out and they're calling for highs close to 80 this weekend! Carowinds is always really busy on Saturdays. If it's possible to go during the week once summer arrives, the lines should be much shorter. You've gotta ride the Vortex when you go--it's my favorite ride ever Top Gun is a close second!

Old 03-20-2007, 04:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,558,888 times
Carowinds can be alot of fun the best day to go is on Sundays during the off season and peak season. Saturdays are always insane due to tour groups and bus loads. The pass does pay for itself if you do go more than 3 times and once a month is a great way to change the pace for excitement.

The Borg was the best ride added for me if you like it intense.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:44 PM

999 posts, read 4,655,429 times
[QUOTE.if you think you are going to go more than twice you should definitely buy the season pass. Or (another option) buy a day pass the first time (decide if you like it or not before you leave the park)...if you did enjoy your time and want a season pass..just go back to the ticket office and they will apply that day pass towards the purchase of your season pass.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I've seen this done other places but was unsure if they did it there.
Joan

Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 PM

2,723 posts, read 2,227,780 times
Do they still have the concerts? Back in 1989 we were there working and took my neices to see the Beachboys. I also was able to get them soaking wet on one of the rides and they still get mad at me for it.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:57 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,911,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Hey there Joan - Carowinds opens March 24. It only operates on the weekends (with a few extra days in April and May). Then come June its open pretty much every day (you can view the calendar on their website)

http://www3.cedarfair.com/carowinds/#actions (broken link)

Opening day gets pretty crazy. We have had passes the last couple of years...but have decided to opt out this year (new owners/new prices). But you are right...if you think you are going to go more than twice you should definitely buy the season pass. Or (another option) buy a day pass the first time (decide if you like it or not before you leave the park)...if you did enjoy your time and want a season pass..just go back to the ticket office and they will apply that day pass towards the purchase of your season pass.
Ditto to what LTC said. We had passes in the past, but decided not to do it this year (for the same reasons as well). We never went on weekends and used the water park often. Have fun!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:25 PM

74 posts, read 248,075 times
it opens on March 21st
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte