Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,393,830 times

Advertisements

Ok well I must say that we are very excited to go back to cureton and look at the MI HOMES...I found a model that I love, smaller than what I wanted but I can always add a little more sq footage..anyway, The consesnses Im getting is people are very HAPPY with their MI...How long did it take them to Build???? and what do they give u standard????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,838,087 times
M/I is a very good builder IMO. I am building one myself as we speak. Takes up to 5-6 months depending on weather and buyer

They should give you a list of standards per home if you ask for it.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,393,830 times
Great Charlotte, thanks I will do that..

Old 03-26-2007, 01:19 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,797 times
I don't understand why the developers of a $300K and communty would not improve the general area before building homes there. For instance the modular home at the entrance of Cureton. What an eyesore for everyone coming and going from the community. Would you want to live next this eye sore? I just understand the draw to Waxhaw.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:21 PM

I am sure there is someone trying to do somehting about it. The developers just can't go in and knock it down or set it on fire. There are procedures and you know as well as I do the city officials are not able to make a decision and take action all in 12 hours.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,027,850 times
Loads of new developments have mobile homes, rundown homes nearby.

The developer does not have the automatic right to relocate people or kncok down property.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:45 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,797 times
If I was developing the area I would have purchased the land rather then planting a few shrubs in the right hand side of the entrance as an attempt to block the view. After all these are fairly expensive homes for what you get on small lots. Funny how you see this in all over Union county.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:53 PM

Yes, but the owner of the modular home may realize his/her property is going up and is becoming a little more valuable. They could have put some stupid price on it waiting for someone to buy.

Also it could be a bank owned property and it is taking X bank this long to get a clean title on the land etc etc. There are so many variables its not so cut and dry.

There is a home in N.Meck that I would like to purchase and the bank has had it for 3 years now they can't do anything with it until they can get all leins from the title. This could take forever or at leat 10 years until the leins drop off. They do cut the grass however. I call them weekly

Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,027,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE1989 View Post
If I was developing the area I would have purchased the land. Funny how you see this in all over Union county.
It's not for sale, once there is no more land for sale and the price becomes silly season, then the land will be for sale.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:34 PM

396 posts, read 1,631,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE1989 View Post
If I was developing the area I would have purchased the land rather then planting a few shrubs in the right hand side of the entrance as an attempt to block the view. After all these are fairly expensive homes for what you get on small lots. Funny how you see this in all over Union county.
It's called diversity....and thank God for it!! One of the biggest reasons I moved to Union Co. Not everyone can afford or wants a $350K house on a postage stamp lot. I'd love to have his lot....maybe without the mobile home. We all need to get over ourselves. He may be a great guy and my guess is...he was there before Cureton. Isn't that why everyone is moving out here from everywhere else....for the "country" lifestyle?? Country = mobile homes and cows sometimes. Want perfection?...move to Ballantyne!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte