Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2006, 05:25 PM

75 posts, read 321,220 times

Advertisements

Can I get any feedback on Cureton division in Waxhaw, NC. Seems like an afordable and still in good school district. How are the builders there (MIHomes and Standard Pacific) ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 08:21 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
I like both of those builders. Community is just off of Providence Road -- actually across Providence Road from where Lawson is, maybe about 8 or 9 miles from the 485. They still have a lot left to build in there, but I think it's going to be nice. (My kids want that pool slide...) Moderator cut: realtor soliciting

Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Be warned...there was an article in the paper about a month ago that stated that there was some kind of factory right behind Cureton that causes horrible smells and the neighborhood is up in arms because they paid 400k for their homes only to be stuck in a big stink! Does anyone else remember this article?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:02 PM

You are reffering to a Sewage Treatment plant. Since the article that problem has been fixed and there is a plan to cap the tanks. Also right next to the plant is another pricey development (Quellin). People might complain abut the smell but I know of one 2 people in that develpment who have made over $100K in 1 year of purchasing their homes. I think that shows that proximity to the plant has little effect on house value.

Does any one else have anything to add about Cureton?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I like both of those builders. Community is just off of Providence Road -- actually across Providence Road from where Lawson is, maybe about 8 or 9 miles from the 485. They still have a lot left to build in there, but I think it's going to be nice. (My kids want that pool slide...) Let me know if I can help

I've been to the development and I like it. Can you add anything about the developer or builder? Any rummors?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I like both of those builders. Community is just off of Providence Road -- actually across Providence Road from where Lawson is, maybe about 8 or 9 miles from the 485. They still have a lot left to build in there, but I think it's going to be nice. (My kids want that pool slide...) Let me know if I can help

I've been to the development and I like it. Can you add anything about the developer or builder? Any rummors? I also looked at Lawson, but they are not in my price range. I think Cureton should be a good investment, good amenities and really close to that Retail/shopping center.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:04 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
IMO just about anywhere in Union County off of Providence Road would be a good investment The main issue I see right now is traffic going south on Providence Road --now is one lane but expansion to two lanes planned from 485 to Rea Road. In terms of investment, the actual return can be dependent on how long you stay...it is much more difficult to sell a resale in a community where there is still building going on. Again, I think both of those builders do a good job. Best of luck to you.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:28 AM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
I'm actually renting in Cureton right now until my house in Lawson is ready next month. We've been here since January. If you're looking for affordability, the MI homes are the less expensive. There is one resale right now, elderly people who want to go back to Florida and i think they want like 370k or so - it's a standard and pacific home. - They have a nice clubhouse, the kids love the slide into the pool...We moved into this MI rental in July and haven't had any issues as far as the building is concerned....other questions????

Old 12-14-2006, 12:37 PM

Default About Cureton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestem View Post
I'm actually renting in Cureton right now until my house in Lawson is ready next month. We've been here since January. If you're looking for affordability, the MI homes are the less expensive. There is one resale right now, elderly people who want to go back to Florida and i think they want like 370k or so - it's a standard and pacific home. - They have a nice clubhouse, the kids love the slide into the pool...We moved into this MI rental in July and haven't had any issues as far as the building is concerned....other questions????
Since you've lived there for a while, could you tell me what the community is like? We have children, and were hoping to move into a community where there will be other kids for them to play with. How are the neighbors and the other people who live there? Which style home are you renting, and, if it's not too personal a question, how much is the rent (in case it's something we need to consider while our home is being built)?

And just out of curiousity, what made you choose Lawson over Cureton? We drove through Lawson and were very impressed with what we saw, but like I said Lawson is out of our price range. Just like with Cureton, it looked like there was a lot of building left to be done (not a bad thing). Are their amenities finished yet? Which builder did you go with there?

Thanks for answering- we're really considering moving to Cureton, so any information we can get will help with our decision.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:49 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janhetman View Post
Since you've lived there for a while, could you tell me what the community is like? We have children, and were hoping to move into a community where there will be other kids for them to play with. How are the neighbors and the other people who live there? Which style home are you renting, and, if it's not too personal a question, how much is the rent (in case it's something we need to consider while our home is being built)?

And just out of curiousity, what made you choose Lawson over Cureton? We drove through Lawson and were very impressed with what we saw, but like I said Lawson is out of our price range. Just like with Cureton, it looked like there was a lot of building left to be done (not a bad thing). Are their amenities finished yet? Which builder did you go with there?

Thanks for answering- we're really considering moving to Cureton, so any information we can get will help with our decision.
Im curious about Lawson, What type of community will it be? and which schools will the kids go to? I have 2 children and like everyone else afraid the kids wont have kids their own age..my son will be 12 in april, and my daughter will be 8 in March...We are also torn between putting an inground pool in or buying in a community where there is already one..I like my privacy when it comes to the pool cause we just put our pool in a few years ago....I guess i need to figure out the pro's and cons to that one....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte