Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:59 AM

22 posts, read 104,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxdsp View Post
I purchased a McCar home in December of 04 in the Berewick community. So far I have no complaints about my home or the builder. Overall, I think they did a quality job of building the house. They are the only builder that I know of in Berewick that offers fully sodded lots (should be mandatory having seen some of my neighbor's back yards) and I have no complaints with the quality of the materials used.

With that being said, Id recommend potential buyers to take these negative opinions lightly. Every builder has problems and the people who feel they have been shorted are more likely to post on here than the happy customers, such as myself. Are you more likely to get a poorly built house using McCar over another builder? Probably not.
Sorry to say these are not opinions, these are facts. If you ask the neighbors who were in the first phase of building you will hear no complaints, but those of us in the last two years have seen the difference in the quality of materials used and the choice of sub-contractors. I bought this home because I loved the sub-division, the location and the look of the house. If I had good things to say I would. Funny how all the sudden you found this post, makes me wonder who you really are?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,370 times
Question Scared of McCar?

Has anyone had or heard of a bad experience with McCar Homes at Mallard Lake in Charlotte NC?

Old 01-10-2007, 07:50 PM

22 posts, read 104,988 times
Default Where is Mr. McCrae now?

??????????????????????????????????????

Old 01-11-2007, 11:31 AM

6 posts, read 36,382 times
To all who are interested,
Rob McCrae here.( McCar Homes)
I welcome all of your feedback. My intent has always been to use this forum as an alternative way to reach out to our customers, to respond promptly to any customer who has an issue, a question, a problem. By contacting me personally, I then could put people in touch with them who could best help them. I do not feel it is appropriate to engage in a debate about our building ethics in this type of forum. I can be reached at rmccrae@mccarhomes.com. I will wholeheartedly discuss our Homebuilding practices with anyone. I feel very strongly and am passionate about McCar. I simply want to help people who are not receiving the level of customer satisfaction they want. Here at McCar, our desire is such, that you are pleased with the customer service you are receiving, we are responding quickly to problems you might be having with your home, and eventually providing you with a peace of mind that you chose the right builder. That is what our focus is. I understand we have not been all things to all people in the past, and realize with some of our customers, we have a long way to go.
That is our challenge. Everyone at McCar Homes is committed to serving our customer; unfortunately, sometimes it does not go as well as we would like it. I am accessible to anyone interested in McCar Homes; once again, I can be reached at rmccrae@mccarhomes.com where I will gladly be of service.
Rob

Old 01-11-2007, 01:21 PM

6 posts, read 27,796 times
Hi again everyone! I am pleased to say that I did have two people come out to my house to adress the issue that I am having. The subdivision that I live in is wonderful and everyone around me seems happy. I had problems in the past, and had to make phone call after phone call before things were fixed, but they were fixed and it was minr things. the problem that I'm having now is on the outside and I fully understand why it is happening and services have been ok. you always get one or two people that mess up things and thats with family, work, etc. I'm thinking of biulding another mccar home because of the need for more space and to be honest Ive' seen shea homes, ryan homes evergreen homes and I still would prefer a mccar home.
second would be ryan. It's a matter of staying on top of things and going to the top person in charge. If afte that things are still the same then you have a problem. I purchased a new home and no one wants to have problems. I am second time homeowner and my first home was'nt new and didnt have any problems.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,371 times
I was considering purchasing a home through McCar, until I came across this blog, does anyone recommend an apt builder?

Old 01-11-2007, 01:28 PM

93 posts, read 393,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccar homeowner View Post
Hi again everyone! I am pleased to say that I did have two people come out to my house to adress the issue that I am having. The subdivision that I live in is wonderful and everyone around me seems happy. I had problems in the past, and had to make phone call after phone call before things were fixed, but they were fixed and it was minr things. the problem that I'm having now is on the outside and I fully understand why it is happening and services have been ok. you always get one or two people that mess up things and thats with family, work, etc. I'm thinking of biulding another mccar home because of the need for more space and to be honest Ive' seen shea homes, ryan homes evergreen homes and I still would prefer a mccar home.
second would be ryan. It's a matter of staying on top of things and going to the top person in charge. If afte that things are still the same then you have a problem. I purchased a new home and no one wants to have problems. I am second time homeowner and my first home was'nt new and didnt have any problems.
That is so wonderful!! I love my home, too. It's beautiful. And the neighborhood is great! We're in a catch 22 over moving. Love the neighborhood....had to fight the builder. Oh well. Would rather have awesome neighbors, I guess. Glad you have had such a great experience with your home and are looking to build another. You must have faired very well on the quality of yours. If McCar gets themselves turned around, we could entertain another build with them too (but...I love this house!).

Old 01-11-2007, 01:46 PM

I believe that they will do what they say and will keep my fingers crossed.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:52 PM

I moved from new jersey and don't be scared to build with any builder, just hire an inspertor of your own and have pictures taking at all times. one lady next to me took pictures from the foundation start to when they were finished. this can happen with any builder.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:55 PM

93 posts, read 393,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccar homeowner View Post
I moved from new jersey and don't be scared to build with any builder, just hire an inspertor of your own and have pictures taking at all times. one lady next to me took pictures from the foundation start to when they were finished. this can happen with any builder.
Yes...I know. When bought a spec home. We hired an inspector, but, the house was already done when we picked it. So...the majority of the items were not seen until repairs were required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte