Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:04 PM

102 posts, read 119,776 times

Advertisements

Ladies/Gents,

Any of you have knowledge on this neighbourhood ? What is the take. What is the range of prices here and How is safety in this neighbourhood.

Also i would like to know about both the builders in this area. Just intrested in single family not the townhomes.

So if anyone has data related to this , pass it on. If someone who is living there in this group, pls ping me directly.

Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 01:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlazygc View Post
Ladies/Gents,

Any of you have knowledge on this neighbourhood ? What is the take. What is the range of prices here and How is safety in this neighbourhood.

Also i would like to know about both the builders in this area. Just intrested in single family not the townhomes.

So if anyone has data related to this , pass it on. If someone who is living there in this group, pls ping me directly.

Thanks,

You must be new to the area? There has been lots of attention in the press to the problems with Beazer Homes. There is also a very informative thread here on city-data you could use the search feature to find on McCar homes. I don't think I would take a chance on either builder.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:36 PM

As always loveM i knew i can expect a positive reply from you. I read the thread on Mc-car, thanks to you for that as well. I did not know about the beazer review.

So i will stay away on that front.

Now that i have eliminated quite a few builders. In short without even going by price ranges, can you list the builders to trust and go to in the charlotte area in general and more towards north.. Huntersville,Harrisburg, Concord.

loveM as always appreciate your responses and time you take for us.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:16 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlazygc View Post
As always loveM i knew i can expect a positive reply from you. I read the thread on Mc-car, thanks to you for that as well. I did not know about the beazer review.

So i will stay away on that front.

Now that i have eliminated quite a few builders. In short without even going by price ranges, can you list the builders to trust and go to in the charlotte area in general and more towards north.. Huntersville,Harrisburg, Concord.

loveM as always appreciate your responses and time you take for us.

Thanks for the vote of confidence In my opinion, you can't go wrong with MI Homes - they would be my number 1 pick. Additionally, Centex, Shea, and Ryan enjoy good reputations in Charlotte.

One idea I would like to share - to put your mind at ease about the largest purchase of your life, once you identify an existing home you like or a builder you would like to have build your home, hire a PE to inspect for you. This will be a much more thorough inspection than just a regular home inspection. If a professional structural engineer says a home is a good home, you could feel pretty confident you are making a wise choice.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:04 PM

509 posts, read 1,802,577 times
Saussy Burbank has a good reputation Huntersville and Concord.

GT

Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
We'd buy another McCar home in a heartbeat. While I know other people have some valid issues, that other thread just saddens me. I haven't seen or heard of a major issue on any of the homes in our subdivision.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM

stripes, which sub division do you live in. If you can share that.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 PM

189 posts, read 580,107 times
I have a McCar home in Moss Creek and I love it. No problems and great service so far. Its been 7 months now... I moved from CT so I wasnt sure what to expect for only $300K, but it has been amazing.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 AM

i heard from 4 more couples at the moss creek subdivision and all they had was good things to say about them as well over the last few days.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,137 times
I live in a Mccar home in Moss Creek and I'm still having problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte