Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:55 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

we have the dupont laminate and OMG love it and our new buyers loved it as well....I had a great guy install it its a floating floor, Im sorry u had to have a bad experience with it...Armstrong is ok but if its not installed right or on the cheaper side you will have problems with it..ours looks like Stone....A solution is one that you rectify and not blame everyone else for cause in the long run it hurts the homeowner more than the builder....and always remember people remmeber the bad more than they do the good because the Bad they can complain about, and honestly when it comes to builders and a purchase like a home its informative to hear all experiences with all different builders..

Old 03-22-2007, 09:06 PM

4 posts, read 11,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I don't know, they were not so personable at the townhomes in Moss Creek last week.
Hi there- If you don't feel as if you got the time or service you needed, please call our office with your name and phone number and I will come visit at a time that works with your schedule. You are speciafically in my region and I would like to see what the concerns are.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Yes I have posted problems with my home but there are many more we have taken care of on our own and plan to take care of on our own. My husband and I are not helpless people but when we pay good money plus extra for an "upgrade" we expect the floors to last longer than 4 months. That is my biggest complaint. The drywall, even at the eleven month warranty check, we plann to take care of ourselves as well as caulking around the countertop, which was an oversight even on our part at final orientation. I only expect resolution for the things that I paid extra for, not typical homebuilding issues. We are quite capable of doing things ourselves and plan on doing it, but paying for something and having it wear hard in 4 months is not acceptable. And I understand your channels, but you also have to see our view. We just bought a new home and expect quality but after discovering issues you are told to have numerous inspections, this has been since January and still no resolution. I understand the contractors losing money but what about the homeowners who already spent the money and look what we get in return....And I am not picking the floors apart because I do not like them as we have been accused of but because they are not of the quality that we paid for. And when I requested them to be replaced with something other than the hardwoods, that is because obviously its going to happen again and I just don't want to bother with it. Again, it would make McCar happy to have us stop calling and complaining and it would make us happy to not have to call and enjoy our new home

Old 03-23-2007, 07:36 AM

93 posts, read 393,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
Yes I have posted problems with my home but there are many more we have taken care of on our own and plan to take care of on our own. My husband and I are not helpless people but when we pay good money plus extra for an "upgrade" we expect the floors to last longer than 4 months. That is my biggest complaint. The drywall, even at the eleven month warranty check, we plann to take care of ourselves as well as caulking around the countertop, which was an oversight even on our part at final orientation. I only expect resolution for the things that I paid extra for, not typical homebuilding issues. We are quite capable of doing things ourselves and plan on doing it, but paying for something and having it wear hard in 4 months is not acceptable. And I understand your channels, but you also have to see our view. We just bought a new home and expect quality but after discovering issues you are told to have numerous inspections, this has been since January and still no resolution. I understand the contractors losing money but what about the homeowners who already spent the money and look what we get in return....And I am not picking the floors apart because I do not like them as we have been accused of but because they are not of the quality that we paid for. And when I requested them to be replaced with something other than the hardwoods, that is because obviously its going to happen again and I just don't want to bother with it. Again, it would make McCar happy to have us stop calling and complaining and it would make us happy to not have to call and enjoy our new home
Md---your last sentance is my sentiments exactly!!! As much as McCar wishes I'd go away....I wish they'd have built my home better so I didn't have to have so many complaints and I could just sit back and enjoy my beautiful home.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM

8 posts, read 22,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
I don't understand why they are posting solutions on the internet instead of going out to the home and fixing the problem. Now I know why people don't buy from them.
Negative news breeds more quickly than positive news.

I would assume to show people who read this thread that they are trying to be as customer friendly as possible. If Mccar is responsive and attentive to the client do you think that person would post their glowing remarks on this site? The odds are the person would not. I really wish more Mccar owners were made aware of this site and posted positive feedback.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 AM

8 posts, read 22,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolnmsol View Post
Md---your last sentance is my sentiments exactly!!! As much as McCar wishes I'd go away....I wish they'd have built my home better so I didn't have to have so many complaints and I could just sit back and enjoy my beautiful home.

I believe your point(s) have been made. Anyone who takes time to read this entire forum realizes you are dissatisfied with McCar homes. Forget McCar, I wish you would go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte