Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 07:13 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times

Advertisements

I actually find Sheetz to be the best option in terms of cleanliness and lines. I've never had an issue at any Sheetz, and I frequent the one in South Charleston and pretty much anytime I travel and they are available. Really no other gas station, with the exception of the One Stops here in Charleston and a select few other stations, offer what Sheetz does. The one in Cross Lanes is expected to open within the next couple of weeks, and I drove by it yesterday and it is pretty much finished. I could even see through one of the doors and I saw that the interior looked finished.

As for Bojangles, it is always nice to have new options as opposed to the same old ones duplicated. Honestly I was never a fan of Bojangles, but once the crowd wears down I will probably give it a try. I have yet to visit any of the open WV locations (Huntington, Princeton, ?Fayetteville?), so that I could at least give my money to the Charleston restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 AM

Site work has begun at Bojangles #2 in Kanawha City beside Hooters. No word on the Cross Lanes location.

Site work has also begun for Starbucks in downtown. I'm pleased with this project, as I think this will be a great fit. I am not surprised a Starbucks hasn't gone in the vacant space on the ground floor of the Fifth/Third Bank Office downtown. There has been a couple of no name coffee shops in there, but a Starbucks would probably do fine there. I will still frequent Moxxee, as I believe that is the better quality and is local!

Also, Enterprise Truck Rentals is building a store at the old Steak & Ale Restaurant location along MacCorkle. I'm a bit disappointed that something better wasn't scouted out for that property, but hey its better than an empty lot which it has been. It's rather odd the number of Enterprise Rental places in the area (Airport, East End, West Side, Kanawha City, South Charleston, and Saint Albans).

Old 10-05-2016, 05:11 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
There were several uses proposed for the Steak & Ale site since the restaurant closed. The lottery used the building while their headquarters were next door, then the building was sold and torn down for a doctor to build something, but that finally fell through. It does seem like Enterprise has more locations than one would expect. The one at Patrick St. is where the sell cars. Bargains are available there.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:48 PM

91 posts, read 135,196 times
was driving on the West Side(yay, finally got a car!), and I noticed that a Marco's Pizza is being built in Patrick Street Plaza, in the building that used to be Wendy's.

I've never heard of Marco's Pizza, guessing it is a family-owned business. but I wasn't sure if anyone here had said anything about it.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadFour View Post
was driving on the West Side(yay, finally got a car!), and I noticed that a Marco's Pizza is being built in Patrick Street Plaza, in the building that used to be Wendy's.

I've never heard of Marco's Pizza, guessing it is a family-owned business. but I wasn't sure if anyone here had said anything about it.
It is actually a chain that has locations all over the Eastern US. They actually have a location in Saint Albans (ironically in the former Wendy's). I believe there is a post about both locations in this thread.

Also found out that the Gomart on Greenbrier St (intersection with Coonskin Dr.) is getting a Burger King with a drive thru. It's rather odd, but not unthinkable as there used to be a Taco Bell in that spot. I'd much prefer something other than BK!

Old 10-08-2016, 11:00 AM

Aldi open date set for Aug 17th.

Charleston Gazette-Mail | Aldi announces grand opening for South Charleston store

Old 10-08-2016, 12:09 PM

778 posts, read 794,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post

Should be October not August Mr. Chris.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:08 PM

91 posts, read 135,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden Grace View Post
Should be October not August Mr. Chris.
Correct. got a flyer in the mail about it a few days ago. giving away a free shopping bag for everyone that comes in on the 17th.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:47 PM

Sorry I guess I'm living in the past lol

Old 10-09-2016, 12:35 AM

778 posts, read 794,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Sorry I guess I'm living in the past lol
Well, if you see me say HI, I get lost easily too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston