Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,602,027 times

Advertisements

Funny AT&T commercial!

YouTube - Ski Lift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 AM

"Their network doesn't cover 97% (probably more like 25% based on their TRUE network meaning AT&T and Cingular towers) and if you check all the major carriers with roaming included, I bet all are about 85% or more" - Lancet71

"T-Mobiles coverage is the worst out of the Big 4 and even if they combine with AT&T, their coverage is still less than Verizon and Sprint" - Lancet71

Even though I addressed this earlier....

AT&T

"the largest digital wireless voice and data network in America"

"boasts the most cell sites and the most spectrum of any wireless network"

AT&T Cell Phone Coverage and ALLOVER network - AT&T BusinessDirect® | Premier Business Center

Last edited by Stephen1110; 05-12-2011 at 01:15 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,154,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
"Their network doesn't cover 97% (probably more like 25% based on their TRUE network meaning AT&T and Cingular towers) and if you check all the major carriers with roaming included, I bet all are about 85% or more" - Lancet71

"T-Mobiles coverage is the worst out of the Big 4 and even if they combine with AT&T, their coverage is still less than Verizon and Sprint" - Lancet71

Even though I addressed this earlier....

AT&T

AT&T Cell Phone Coverage and ALLOVER network - AT&T BusinessDirect® | Premier Business Center
Now lets see if you can answer this honestly or just try tying in jargon. Who as more towers across the US (AT&T or Verizon) ? I know the answer, will you admit that Verizon has a ton more than AT&T?

***I do like the ski lift commercial though.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
"This is a BS review. 9 Computer Store? What is this? 5 nerds in a basement on a computer that work for AT&T I bet." - Lancet71

I doubt it

"That gives AT&T the world's seventh most valuable brand among all company types and the most valuable telecom service brand, according to the survey"

Light Reading Europe - IP & Convergence - AT&T Is Most Valuable Telecom Brand - Telecom News Analysis
*** What's next? The Joe Blow review that AT&T is better?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:20 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,469,631 times
I work in sales and travel frequently. All of my colleagues with AT&T - our company's Blackberry/iphone/aircard provider - HATE the service. They love their iPhones, HATE the network - particularly in Southern Cal. Many have a second - Verizon or Sprint - phone so they can always make calls. Verizon has weak areas as well, but overall the service is much better. lack of coverage/weak coverage is a rare occurance, with AT&T happens all the time.

Classic example, I was on a project team, everyone else had company issued AT&T aircards or slaved to their AT&T blackberry's, I was the only one with a VZN aircard. Guess who was able to get internet access? Happened twice at project team meetings in 2 seperate downtown locations.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:06 PM

"Who as more towers across the US (AT&T or Verizon) ?" - Lancet71

My sources are telling me....

AT&T

And of course, this all gets better if the AT&T/T-Mobile merger deal is approved.

" I know the answer, will you admit that Verizon has a ton more than AT&T?" - Lancet71

Even with AT&T's coverage, Verizon has the nation's most reliable network! Period!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 PM

How do people feel about the AT&T/T-Mobile merger? Is it good, is it bad? For whom?

Old 05-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
How do people feel about the AT&T/T-Mobile merger? Is it good, is it bad? For whom?
Based on coverage it will eventually help T-Mobile customers once everything is tied in. T-Mobile had the least towers of the big 4 and when they combine with AT&T they will still have less than Verizon but more than they previously had. All they are adding is subscribers and they did this to prevent a possible Sprint/T-Mobile merger. The reason was that they would have been the #3 carrier in the US and they didn't want that.Don't fool yourself, they weren't looking to expand, they just felt obligated to do so based on this.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,903,122 times
And with Sprint and T-MO slated to be on board to getting the next iPhone...

Next iPhone will be iPhone 4S; will feature Sprint and T-Mobile compatibility, analyst claims | BGR

Old 05-16-2011, 12:00 AM

"All they are adding is subscribers and they did this to prevent a possible Sprint/T-Mobile merger. The reason was that they would have been the #3 carrier in the US and they didn't want that.Don't fool yourself, they weren't looking to expand, they just felt obligated to do so based on this." - Lancet71

+ subscribers
+ spectrum
+ Revenue

I'm fooled. Why werent they looking to expand?

Why do you consider this an attempt to block a Sprint/T-Mobile merger?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones