Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 12:55 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,590 times

Advertisements

I haven't experienced a visitation from any of my cats. However if Jasper was out he came back over the gate. Duke our dog quite often watches the gate on a morning, I used to think he is waiting for him to come over the gate. Dogs do tend to fix a stare in a particular direction and their body language indicates anticipation as if there is someone there when there isn't - but who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,039,578 times
I had a Collie when I was growing up, she always scratched on the aluminum storm door when she wanted back in the house.

Not long after she passed, I was about 17, my Mom and I were sitting in the living room watching TV, we both heard Lassie scratching at the door, we both immediately turned and looked at each other, like, OMG! We went and turned on the porch light....no one there.

Our other dog, Freckles, would always walk around Lassie's favorite places to lay too, as if she were still there.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,827,228 times
During her 19 years with me Weasie shared my living space on the first floor of a "three-decker" which was built in the early 1900's. There are naturally lots of "house noises" which I've long since grown accustomed to. But I've heard several that can't be explained, starting the night after she died. (See "229 Months and 10 Days" in this forum.) The building has a forced-hot-water heating system which has its own "soundtrack" that does not include clanking on the outside of the baseboard units. I distinctly heard such a "clank" late Saturday night, which was soon followed by a rustling of the plastic trash bag across the room. There have been more innocuous little sounds in the computer room and bedroom, all with me present (they haven't been loud enough to be picked up outside the room.)

Then this morning there was a single piece of dry cat food, untouched, on the living room rug. It marked the first visible confirmation that Weasie's spirit is in the house. No way had that kernel of kibble been there before. A passing foot would have ground it into the fabric given where it sat. During the last weeks of her life Weeze ate almost nothing but canned food - and bits of cheddar cheese. Solid food only worked for her if it'd been marinating in water or chicken broth. (Who says I spoiled my cat? ) Yet there sat this intact crunchy morsel.

Today for the first time this winter I put my thick comforter on the bed. It will be interesting to find out whether I hear the sound of cat feet sinking into it as they get reacquainted with its "give," when I tuck myself in for sleep tonight.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:03 PM

This just in: I've collected songs on YouTube which I play while I'm online. (I'm too cheap to buy an iPod and don't care, so there. ) One of the tunes I had on was a Commodores funk track, from the era before Lionel Richie decided there was more money to be made singing cheesy ballads. Ten minutes or so after I played it - and with no action taken on my part - it started to play again.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:17 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,666 times
I was also too cheap to buy an ipod. Then my neighbor's cat told me I could get a decent MP3 player (essentially an Ipod) for around 10 bucks at Big Lots. Now I am "with it".

Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,653 times
Holy cow! Visitations from dead cats? Where do you people come from?

Obviously there is nothing wrong with loving your pets... but you have to admit this is way way way out there.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:02 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Thank You for sharing your experiences, even those who don't believe, have been, and will be respectful here.
We all have the common experience of losing a beloved friend, and all are friends here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Holy cow! Visitations from dead cats? Where do you people come from?

Obviously there is nothing wrong with loving your pets... but you have to admit this is way way way out there.
We come from all different backgrounds and varied life experiences, it is unlikely there is a predominate belief, or need to believe, in anything other than that which we have, ourselves, experienced.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,649,855 times
Whatever helps with grief and coping is A-okay, as long as it's not illegal or immoral. My cat is living and well but my golden passed 19 months ago and I miss her as much today as I did that first month. No visitations, but I think of her often and continue sending out my love in the hopes it reaches her wherever her little soul may be.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM

People receive "messages from beyond" after a beloved fellow human has passed away, all the time. Sometimes they also get a strong sense that the person is in the room with them. Others never have this occur. There's nothing wrong or "out there" about either scenario.

Four days later, I haven't experienced any sightings of - or sounds from - Weasie. But the low-key signals keep being sent, one yesterday afternoon and another this evening.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:34 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
I remember falling in love with you.

You were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

You were a revelation ... a miracle

I knew you would be mine forever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats