Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ‪PJ Harvey - When Under Ether‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 01:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
I don't believe in 'visitations' and/or 'signs' of any sort, but I don't need them to remember my absent felines. The memories will be with me as long as I live.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 PM

575 posts, read 1,995,790 times
I don't know what I believe. I don't really believe in religion,or God. I think that a person's soul is the memory of them that is kept alive after they have passed. A person's soul is the way they are remembered for the how touched other lives. The way they live on is in the love other people carry for them and pass along.

I lost my animal soul mate nearly three years ago. It nearly breaks me to think of him to this day. I feel as if I am the Titanic and his memory the ice burg that will nearly sink me at any moment. I loved him so very much. He was 8 when we lost him to a terrible illness that we fought for nearly a year.

I dream of him. I can hear him purr as if he still sleeps on my pillow. I don't know if I believe these things to be him visiting but rather me keeping his feline soul in this world. He touched my life so deeply, entrenched himself in my heart so permanently that I don't think I'll ever be without him.

I have three other cats now (there was one other when he was here) soon to be a fourth cat! You could call one the typical "replacement" and two are a new addition. I do feel that this newest one coming is finally me moving forward. With the first two cats after my boy died I was expecting them to fill the hole that he left. Obviously they did not. But with the new kitten that is coming soon I feel like I am moving forward, possibly moving on just a bit. I'm not expecting this one to give me back what I lost. Finally after nearly three years I'm not so sad anymore - very few people understand that.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:26 AM

I Miss You More Than Words can Say ....

YouTube - ‪Loreena McKennitt - Ancient Pines‬‏

Old 07-05-2011, 12:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Kittymom4: Since no two cats are exactly alike, no new cat will be an exact replacement for one who has gone away. But that doesn't mean that the new cat won't be just as lovable. Just remember that it won't fit precisely into the niche in your heart that the previous one did. Above all, give the new kitty a chance to be its own self, and appreciate it for itself!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 AM

30 posts, read 81,625 times
Charlie was my first cat (my folks had two since before I was born). When I was two, this ginger kept showing up at our house and my dad would chase him with a broom. Punk. One day when my dad was at work, my mom watched this cat walk into our house from the back patio (we were all outside playing - my mom did daycare at the time) and she followed him as he went into every single room as if looking for something. By the time he came to my room in the back, he settled by jumping up onto my bed and sleeping. By the time my dad came home, he was still on the bed. My mom showed my dad and he knew he was defeated. "Well...looks like we got another cat..."

I was two.

Charlie got back to my dad by peeing on him TWICE! He NEVER did that to anyone except my dad, ROFL! "That's what you get for scaring me with that broom!" Typical feisty red.

I had him for 17 wonderful years. The last year was hard. He lost a lot of weight but he was happy. We all knew it was getting close for him when he never left my bedroom. Just before I got home from work, Charlie walked into my parents' bedroom. My dad picked him up and after a small meow, he passed away in my dad's arms. It was very peaceful and there was no sign of any physical pain from him. Even though I wasn't there, I'm glad he wasn't alone.

The hallway to my bedroom was hardwood flooring. As Charlie had aged, one of his claws couldn't retract back so you could always hear it scraping the floor as he walked to my room. It never got caught on anything (it wasn't that far out) and we kept it trimmed. It was cute because I could always here him walking to me.

Up until I moved out of my folks' home, I would frequently hear that scrape getting closer to my room. And on numerous occasions I would feel the bed dip as if he jumped on it both while I was awake (and not falling asleep) and being woken up from it. It always broke my heart because I missed him so much, but was thrilled that he was still with me.

The two cats my folks had before I was born were feral kittens they adopted that were born on the side of their house when they first moved in. Long story short, they never were fully domesticated and one took off after we got a dog 7 years later. The other stuck around. Funny cat used to stand in her water bowl, ha-ha.

After she had been euthanized, I've seen her numerous times. I believe in spirits and the unknown so it surprised me at first (this was before Charlie had passed) but it wasn't scary. She was always in the same spot and it would always be her back and tail that I would see. The hallway bathroom shares a wall with the kitchen, and I would always see her in between the two rooms in the hallway.

Years later, I told my mom that I had seen Trouble and numerous occasions. She went quiet, asked if it was in the hallway between the bathroom and kitchen, and was stunned! My dad, who doesn't believe in anything supernatural or unknown, had claimed to have seen her a few times before. In the same spot. I was floored. Trouble was "his" cat as she had taken to him.

Even though they're no longer physically with you, knowing that you are still loved even after their passing leaves me at peace. My folks say that they don't see Trouble anymore, and I don't get the feeling that Charlie is there either. I hope that they have moved on to another birth and to another family that will love them as much as we have.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,874 times
i lost my sweet baby boy last year to FIP. still enrages me how little the vets know about this disease. just last week there was this decent sized dragonfly on my front door that just seemed to looking in the window besides the door. like he wanted to come in, or just see what was going on. i almost lost it.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,397,515 times
I had to have a beloved cat PTS several years ago. The same night, I felt a cat walking on the bed, then heard purring, then, the cat walked off the bed, I felt it jump, but didn't hear a corresponding "thump" on the floor. He came back to say goodbye.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Willy DeVille - Heaven Stood Still - YouTube

Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 AM

There must be something about these holiday weekends that make me miss him even more than usual. The sounds of people laughing ....

I always stayed home during the 4th of July weekend because Saber was, of course, afraid of the fireworks.

I didn't expect Labor Day to have a similar effect on me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In July I had an Animal Communicator speak to Saber with me.

My questions were not included in the transcripts.

The only information surrounding Sabers' death that I "shared" with the AC was my regret in my choice of vets, I did not mention posting to forums.

Saber referenced Specific situations pertaining to other people where we lived that is not public knowledge, that surprised me. Because of the personal nature of these thoughts I did not include them.

Please don't debate the validity of this reading, that's not my purpose for sharing it or the reason I started this thread, it simply offers a different perspective.

Thank You.
What Saber told me through an Animal Communicator on 7/9 2011

I am so happy that you are talking to me today because I want my mom to know that everything is perfect here in heaven. First I am not coming back to her just yet. I will come back to her but I am not on my way. I want to tell her that when I died I felt her by my side the whole time. I died in her embrace. When I rose to heaven I rose in the most beautiful steam and colors. There was not an ounce of fear. I rose and I felt pure again. When I was out of my body I looked down at my mom and how sad she was and I tried to hug her with all my spirit. Mom, I want you to know that you have many angels here and they all are rooting for you. Mom, I can touch you from here and I can go with you everywhere. When I come back to you I want you to teach me how to be on a harness so I can travel more with you. Mom here in heaven there is soft grass that I can chew on and I can lie on. there is also a place where mom can sit on a rock and I can sit beneath her. She is here with me too when I ever I miss her. I can also roll on my back next to her on the sofa and I can tell her to breathe and that I love her and thank you for giving me such an amazing life. there is nothing that I have regrets about. When I got sick mom you were very diligent in taking care of me and and you were always attentive to my every need.

Mom, I was fighting cause I wanted to live and also there was this strong angel woman that told me to hang on and I thought because I was going to get better but she said that you and I dont do well with rapid change and if we go through a week then mom can be prepared and also I can start seeing what heaven is like slowly. It was actually a good thing cause each day this strong angel woman would come back and she was a fighter and she would show me little snippets of cat nip in heaven, trees and fences I could climb in heaven, and a place that looks like our home in heaven. And then I realized that as I move on through the week the angel was slowly taking my breathe away and showing me beauty so mom although it seemed like I was getting worse I was also seeing a world that was more and more beautiful so when it was my time to die it was easier to let go.

I agree mom the doctors did not know but do not blame it on them because they had seen some cats get better and they were hoping for the very best because they knew how much I meant to you and how much we mean to each other and they wanted to fight so we had a longer chance of being together. I do not blame the vets.

I know what mom is doing about the pet food and I think that her research is very important. I think that her education is very important I just want mom to know that I am ok now and that this is the way the universe wanted this to happen.

Mom, I love that you have done all the research for me. It has made me feel very proud of you and you are helping other cats because of it. I had something going on inside of me and it was something more than just the food. But mom this all happened for a reason and you are helping other cats now. Mom I am so proud of you. There was another supplement that you had me on that helped me also. Mom I feel good now. Mom it was the way it was meant to be.

Mom, I think that the universe did those things so that it was easier to let go of each other. I think that because my life changed that way it was easier for my mind to see a different kind of being.

Mom I send you images of cats and also movement in the garden. I try and move things I also send you heart shaped images and sometimes I brush up against you and get you to feel me. I have tried to breathe on you so that you see my breathe is even now and my being is steady. the clouds are fun to shift and often I try to get them to smile at my mom. the garden I wanted to send a hummingbird on a big flower so mom look for that and butterflies too.

Mom, i love that you are helping other cats. I will help you also.

Mom, I will come back to you mom you will know me immediately. There are somethings that I am doing here too mom I am helping you get the word out. I think it is important.

Mom, I am going to help June Bug get safe.

Mom, I feel good about talking to you. I just want all your stress to go away and just to know that I love you and I am here with you and you dont have to search for me you just have to know that when the time is right I will appear and you will know instantly that it is me. there will be no doubt. None at all. So please do not worry about that.

Mom, I want you to know that I love you more than the universe itself and that everything happened the way it should and at night time or anytime throughout the day when you talk to me I will hear you and I will talk back. we still have that close relationship and it will only get stronger.

I have pictures of the hearts, where I found them, in Sabers' garden, the hearts are now next to his ashes.

When I learn how to get pictures off the camera to my computer, and then to CD, I'll post them.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 09-05-2011 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: s in gardens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats