Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:13 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDcv5M6jls

This was my first post at City-Data: https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post19405677

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When my beloved Saber left our world, he left behind a GIFT.

I initially thought this GIFT was for me ... alone.

It is not.

It is for suffering animals and the people tasked with protecting them. They are also suffering.

Two days after SABER died....... this playlist was on my ipod, sure, genius function, logical explanation, except, I barely know how to turn my ipod on, much less do something in itunes? I hadn't listened to the song that generated the playlist for over a year, no one else had access to my ipod, and I hadn't plugged it into my computer since Halloween.
~~~~~~ Since I wrote this I have [possibly] spoken a person that "understands how the genius program operates" and though they declined to go further, they stated [given the complete circumstances, I related, concerning my [lack of] computer searches and [minimal] use of my ipod] that they didn't see how this particular playlist would be generated. ~~~~~~

Spontaneous Compilation? Divine Intervention? Something More Mundane?

Does it Matter?

If you're having doubts, If you're filled with guilt, If you need consolation....

1. Bittersweet Symphony : The Verve
2. Heroes : David Bowie
3. Silence : Delerium
4. I'll Stand By You : The Pretenders
5. Big Time Sensuality : Bjork
6. So Far Away : Carol King
7. Crucify : Tori Amos
8. Have A Little Faith In Me : John Hiatt
9. Rainy Days And Mondays : The Carpenters
10. Because The Night : Patti Smith
11. Rock 'n" Roll Suicide : David Bowie
12. You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart : The Eurythmics
13. Check The Meaning : Richard ********
14. Sunrise : Pulp
15. Nature Boy : Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
16. Lucky Man : The Verve
17. A Sorta Fairytale : Tori Amos
18. Between The Bars : Elliot Smith
19. Rebel Rebel : David Bowie 20. All The Young Dudes : Mott The Hoople
21. Human Behaviour : Bjork
22. Night In My Veins : The Pretenders
23. Close To You : The Carpenters
24. I Need A Man : The Eurythmics
25. When Under Ether : P.J. Harvey

Accept This Gift or Don't ...... But Don't Debate "Reality" With a Dead Cat...
You'll Lose

Starting on page 2 of this thread, the 15th post, Saber's playlist is posted via You Tube videos. Over time, some videos have been deleted from You Tube, so I encourage you to find any "missing" songs by going to You Tube and finding a different video version of that song. Each song is important, each chosen for you.

The first song on Saber's playlist was playing ... when Alfredo found me.

1. Bittersweet Symphony : The Verve

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve - Vevo

When you have finished listening to Saber's playlist you will no longer [need to] feel guilty ... That's the beauty of his GIFT ... and hopefully the pain will lessen somewhat.

Saber's GIFT illuminates their side, their feelings, their needs.
When Saber asked me to share his playlist, 7 years ago, I initially planned to post it on any, random, memorial site that came up in the search results.

Saber knew better though. When I landed on citi-data, my first post was a love story to him - and so he, and I, found our new home here, in Cats Forum.

I say he knew better, because in the 7 years since he passed, only 253 people have visited the memorial site I almost posted his playlist to.

In the same 7 years, over 29,000 people have visited his/this thread on citi-data -Cats Forum.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 06-06-2018 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: change 23 to 29
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats