Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 08:36 AM

346 posts, read 498,187 times

Advertisements

A song for (or maybe from?) my Pasquale. You are missed every single day, my sweet P.

Don't say "we have come now to the end." White shores are calling, you and I will meet again.

Annie Lennox - Into The West - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 12:20 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemouse View Post
Leannan, thank you for posting that beautiful song, "Never-Ending Road"! I cried the whole time I watched the video- I just now saw it tonight-, but it was also comforting. Polka has appeared in split-second flashes, and I have felt her warm and loving presence several times, at length. It has all comforted me, because truth be told, I am a wreck without my Kitty. Yes, I have other cats, including a sweey kitten who is in heat! That is going to be challenging. None of them is Polka Dot and never could be. So, I pray and take the comfort that God always gives. I still.sm agonizing over euthanizing her, though I know she was starving to death. She could barely eat due to her jaw cancer, and we knew she was in terrible pain as well. It is helpful to know all this, but it doesn't eradicate the pain and guilt. I would welcome thoughts on this, plus others' srories. It helps to read of the incredible love you all have known. Thanks again, Leannan. I will listen to Saber's list of tunes soon.
This song has been deleted from You Tube, and after listening to "Into the West" posted for Pasquale, I felt it was important for coffeehouse and Polka to have their song back.

[vimeo]62995638[/vimeo]
[vimeo]62995638[/vimeo]
Loreena Mckennitt - Never Ending Road on Vimeo

The songs I've posted, for individual cats, have been chosen by those cats, then "pointed" out to me.

Pasquale let his mom know he wanted "Into the West"

Old 12-28-2014, 02:35 AM

Jen / Hobby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JWUWKwKPI8

Old 12-28-2014, 04:27 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,827,228 times
Nearly three years after passing on, Weasie doesn't make very many detectable "visits" any more. But recently she's been present with a vengeance.
Last Tuesday marked the day I left town for my extended family's Christmas celebration out of state. In the morning there was a loud knock on the bedroom door - which was ajar - that sounded like it'd been made with the knuckles of a gloved and relaxed adult human hand. (Nobody lives in my place but me and my present-day cats.) I was wide awake at the time. Then later, I removed a rarely-used suitcase from its box and found a favorite toy of Weasie's at the bottom!
Late last night, technically early this morning, I was skimming e-mail to catch up when Seteria - the younger of my current feline housemates - suddenly started showing great interest in something beneath the baseboard heater. After some maneuvering and digging she produced ("ick" alert) the decaying skeleton of a mouse! Let's just say the kill had not been made recently.
Despite flight delays and lousy weather, my travel was pretty much uneventful. But I guess Weasie wanted to do a check-in to be on the safe side just the same - at both ends of the journey.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:29 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Nearly three years after passing on, Weasie doesn't make very many detectable "visits" any more. But recently she's been present with a vengeance.
Last Tuesday marked the day I left town for my extended family's Christmas celebration out of state. In the morning there was a loud knock on the bedroom door - which was ajar - that sounded like it'd been made with the knuckles of a gloved and relaxed adult human hand. (Nobody lives in my place but me and my present-day cats.) I was wide awake at the time. Then later, I removed a rarely-used suitcase from its box and found a favorite toy of Weasie's at the bottom!
Late last night, technically early this morning, I was skimming e-mail to catch up when Seteria - the younger of my current feline housemates - suddenly started showing great interest in something beneath the baseboard heater. After some maneuvering and digging she produced ("ick" alert) the decaying skeleton of a mouse! Let's just say the kill had not been made recently.
Despite flight delays and lousy weather, my travel was pretty much uneventful. But I guess Weasie wanted to do a check-in to be on the safe side just the same - at both ends of the journey.
Sounds like Weasie was letting you know she's still there watching out for you.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:58 AM

It took me awhile to realize/believe that Marcello (Meeko) was asking for this song.

This thread tends towards the sad and melancholy, sometimes, and he is so happy to be back home, in a safe, quiet environment, with a mom that loves, and will protect him.

Thank You Meeko … I do and I will …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4

Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Maybe I shouldn't admit this but the other night I was in bed reading my Nexus when I saw out of the corner of my eye a dark kitty walking by. OK no big deal I have two cats and one is dark...except...I looked around and realized both cats where in bed with me and both dogs were in their beds. gee I know I have floaters but this was a HUGE cat shaped floater. I has been telling somebody how much I think about my Siamese Kibi who has been gone for over 35 years. Could she have decided to come for a brief visit?

Old 01-11-2015, 08:08 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Maybe I shouldn't admit this but the other night I was in bed reading my Nexus when I saw out of the corner of my eye a dark kitty walking by. OK no big deal I have two cats and one is dark...except...I looked around and realized both cats where in bed with me and both dogs were in their beds. gee I know I have floaters but this was a HUGE cat shaped floater. I has been telling somebody how much I think about my Siamese Kibi who has been gone for over 35 years. Could she have decided to come for a brief visit?
Absolutely! Did it feel like Kibi?

I ask because, sometimes it isn't a cat from the past lurking, but one from the future.....One of my girls here showed up slinking away out of the corner of my eye for months before she finally appeared in real life. When I did meet her in real life, I recognized her immediately.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:52 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Absolutely! Did it feel like Kibi?

I ask because, sometimes it isn't a cat from the past lurking, but one from the future.....One of my girls here showed up slinking away out of the corner of my eye for months before she finally appeared in real life. When I did meet her in real life, I recognized her immediately.
That is a beautiful sentiment. To tell the truth it was only a second of realizing a cat was walking by and I immediately thought it was Oscar before i saw he was in bed. I'm very comfortable thinking it was Kibi acknowledging I was thinking and talking about her and that is a comforting thought.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,049 times
It's been so wonderful reading these stories. Yesterday my dear Gideon accidentally fell in the pool and drowned. I found him in the pool just 15-30 minutes after he fell in. It was too late. I feel like the worst pet owner ever. He came to my boyfriend in a dream last night. He didn't really say anything...was just present and peaceful. I'm hoping he will visit me soon. I am heartbroken. RIP Gideon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats