Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 01:31 PM

421 posts, read 328,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmeow View Post
It's been so wonderful reading these stories. Yesterday my dear Gideon accidentally fell in the pool and drowned. I found him in the pool just 15-30 minutes after he fell in. It was too late. I feel like the worst pet owner ever. He came to my boyfriend in a dream last night. He didn't really say anything...was just present and peaceful. I'm hoping he will visit me soon. I am heartbroken. RIP Gideon.
I'm so sorry for your loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 03:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Quote:
It's been so wonderful reading these stories. Yesterday my dear Gideon accidentally fell in the pool and drowned. I found him in the pool just 15-30 minutes after he fell in. It was too late. I feel like the worst pet owner ever. He came to my boyfriend in a dream last night. He didn't really say anything...was just present and peaceful. I'm hoping he will visit me soon. I am heartbroken. RIP Gideon.
Most of us here can relate in some way. The guilt i felt for letting Pumpkin be an outside cat and getting killed by a wild beast still haunts me a decade later. But then I have to think of how he was a rescue, had a safe and warm life while he was here for over 12 years and loved me very much. I'm sorry for your grief.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:53 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,284,925 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't get email notification of your post so I'm just seeing it now. So I'm sorry for my delayed condolences.

Having them suddenly missing from our life is difficult enough, without the added burden of guilt. There is no way to shelter them from every possible danger, or to even be able to assess every possible way a cat can find to injure themselves. I tried for years, then Meeko reincarnated back to me, and he regularly puts himself in the most alarming situations (un)imaginable.

I spoke to a new friend that has experience with pets that have passed over. She says that sometimes when there is a situation like Gideon's, that the cat has chosen to go into a different body, always because of pain, in her experience. She feels that Gideon will come back to you in his (or her) new body. Depending on his age, 7 years (or so) or less, it could be as soon as 6 months. And that, yes, you will know it is Gideon, though he will probably look a little different.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kJldfkTLL4

Old 05-01-2015, 05:32 PM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/writi...l#post37543683

Old 05-01-2015, 06:03 PM

The 4th anniversary of Saber's death is May 4th. I will be posting again then.

For anyone who doesn't know ....

From my WELLNESS CATS STILL SICK OR DEAD thread:

"But you are making claims about Wellness killing cats without providing any concrete evidence, besides your single experience."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
I just read your post and I will try to REtrace my internet steps to find ALL information re: Wellness recall 2011, that I INitially found when I ventured onto the internet , looking for answers. (begun June 1 2011).

It is 12:36 I have been retracing my steps for 2, possibly 3 hours now. There are so many more .... just more.... -Insert-

This search that began June 1 2011 also marked my first attempt at social networking, in what, We now know, turns out to be a lame attempt at warning others.

When I realized that my lack of information and lack of previous experience in caring for a neglected animal had contributed to it's (SABER is Not an it's, he was and IS neeloveddeeply dless loved ) I contributed to my Loves needless suffering.

I would ALSO appreciate some OFficial information from the SOurce of this collective suffering.

Some threads tell of owners whose initial conversatioN with a Wellness' representative led them to believe that order had been restored. Many owners felt comfortable enough to accept coupons for MORE Wellness food, instead of demanding cash back to purchase an alternative brand.

Were they wrong, misguided?, or are they simply decent people who believe in basic goodness and are willing to grant the benefit of the doubt when asked to do so.

I don't believe they were misguided. I believe many people will rise to their highest nature when asked and given the opportunity to do so. This is Not a weakness.

To my knowledge, in the public forum, WELLNESS, other than issuing a BElow the RAdar, voluntary recall-- has only, obliquely, answered a few questions asked by Thixton? on TRuthAboutPetFood.com. You will need to type it in yourself and then search the site. If I could find it ANYone can.

I hear the collective, relieved, snort of dismissal when I cite TAPF. Now we can feel safe that we were indeed right. Well, I had never heard of ANY cat based web site before June 1, 2011.

The information on which Laboratories were used by customers to have Wellness cans independently tested, and what the tests revealed can be found in the websites I went to Jun 1st 2011 and after.

I will list some of those websites below. I'm sure most anyone is more adept on the internet than I am, so if I could find the pertinent information in less than a week anyone else could probably do it in just days.

One of the search results that surfaced and possibly how I found City-Data ,was YOUR post asking about a possible Wellness recall years ago. 2008/2009? any way, Thankfully, it was false. then.
You did not start or re-start this apparent urban legend, you just seemed very concerned, possibly frustrated, and rightfully so. Once bitten, Twice shy.

This is not that. Yes, MY, experience, singular at the time, the details and symptoms known only to me., were repeated and reproduced with stunning accuracy and regularity across the results pages for: Wellness Cat Food Recall 2011.

Feb 28 2011 and beyond... The threads generally began with many consumers being mainly concerned about how their refunds would be issued. From general acceptance to actual delight that they may even "get something for free"? (I have no idea why).

In the beginning, there were also those whose cats were sick from thiamine deficiency. An elusive diagnosis, finally made possible to those "lucky" enough to stumble upon the quietly disseminated information.

A diagnosis however, that offered little comfort to the cats whose last moments had echoed those of the ones gone before them.

Anyone choosing not to read the ENtire thread, not only diminishes their suffering, but also CHooSes to becomes Willfully Ignorant.

The same can be said of those choosing to do only an abbreviated or abridged search, or those who knowingly omit, or refuse to read a source (including Wellness' Website) based on a personal bias.

Anyone choosing not to pursue further knowledge of an issue, is simply out of the conversation in any meaningful way.

Allow "the chips to fall where they may".

To what purpose, other than their concern for YOUR animals, would these MAny, bereaved, inconsolable, anonymous & Guilt-ridden people... CHoose to relive the pain and intimate last moments?...

...innocence .... love ... trust ... BEtraYed

Attention? Fame? Glory?.....Munchkins by proxy?

There are owners who were lucky? enough to have heard of the stealth recall and respond with B-1 shots, only to find out that their cats' liver function has been irreversibly damaged as well.

They have medical tests to prove this, so THey say, you will have to ask Them to show you their concrete proof.

Both veterinarians that saw Saber in March were unaware of the Feb 28th 2011 announcement by Wellpet CEO blah, blah, blah,. Both vets knew I was feeding Wellness, continuously, while very occasionally adding Taste of the Wild and EVO Cat.

In desperation, I had asked for EVery possible test to be run on his blood samples. Cash in hand. But My vet, was compassionate, and chose, for me , without my consent, to save me money and forgo testing for vitamins and heavy metals.

He died the day THose tests results were supposed to be in, along with the results of his thyroid etc. Although my thrifty vet "owes" me money, I think it's probably better if I stay away from her, for EVer.

I'm not familiar with the details of the 2007 cat food recall, I've been too busy with this one to catch up.

It must have been comforting to pet owners feeding those recalled brands to have honest, timely answers, from the Pet Food Companies they had entrusted their cat(s) lives to.

That they could then be absolved of any responsibility towards other pet owners, would be, I can assure you, NO small gift.

Ex-pet owners allowed to grieve in private, with no moral dilemma or gnawing sense of obligation to NOT remain SiLent . aAllowing TIme to exonerate those, that the TRuth would not.

On June 1 2011, TrutHaboutPetFoods.com--- meant nothing to me.
Like wise catster.com---petConnection.com---Petside.com----catForum.com
exoticPets.about-----cats.about---City-Data.com---felineDiabetes.com---

Silence cannot be allowed to be used as a refuge

Old 05-04-2015, 11:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NkD0Mlt2PY

Old 05-05-2015, 12:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDcv5M6jls

This was my first post at City-Data: https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post19405677

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When my beloved Saber left our world, he left behind a GIFT.

I initially thought this GIFT was for me ... alone.

It is not.

It is for suffering animals and the people tasked with protecting them. They are also suffering.

Two days after SABER died....... this playlist was on my ipod, sure, genius function, logical explanation, except, I barely know how to turn my ipod on, much less do something in itunes? I hadn't listened to the song that generated the playlist for over a year, no one else had access to my ipod, and I hadn't plugged it into my computer since Halloween.
~~~~~~ Since I wrote this I have [possibly] spoken a person that "understands how the genius program operates" and though they declined to go further, they stated [given the complete circumstances, I related, concerning my [lack of] computer searches and [minimal] use of my ipod] that they didn't see how this particular playlist would be generated. ~~~~~~

Spontaneous Compilation? Divine Intervention? Something More Mundane?

Does it Matter?

If you're having doubts, If you're filled with guilt, If you need consolation....

1. Bittersweet Symphony : The Verve
2. Heroes : David Bowie
3. Silence : Delerium
4. I'll Stand By You : The Pretenders
5. Big Time Sensuality : Bjork
6. So Far Away : Carol King
7. Crucify : Tori Amos
8. Have A Little Faith In Me : John Hiatt
9. Rainy Days And Mondays : The Carpenters
10. Because The Night : Patti Smith
11. Rock 'n" Roll Suicide : David Bowie
12. You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart : The Eurythmics
13. Check The Meaning : Richard ********
14. Sunrise : Pulp
15. Nature Boy : Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
16. Lucky Man : The Verve
17. A Sorta Fairytale : Tori Amos
18. Between The Bars : Elliot Smith
19. Rebel Rebel : David Bowie 20. All The Young Dudes : Mott The Hoople
21. Human Behaviour : Bjork
22. Night In My Veins : The Pretenders
23. Close To You : The Carpenters
24. I Need A Man : The Eurythmics
25. When Under Ether : P.J. Harvey

Accept This Gift or Don't ...... But Don't Debate "Reality" With a Dead Cat...
You'll Lose

Starting on page 2 of this thread, the 15th post, Saber's playlist is posted via You Tube videos. Over time, some videos have been deleted from You Tube, so I encourage you to find any "missing" songs by going to You Tube and finding a different video version of that song. Each song is important, each chosen for you.

The first song on Saber's playlist was playing ... when Alfredo found me.

1. Bittersweet Symphony : The Verve

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve - Vevo

When you have finished listening to Saber's playlist you will no longer [need to] feel guilty ... That's the beauty of his GIFT ... and hopefully the pain will lessen somewhat.

Saber's GIFT illuminates their side, their feelings, their needs.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 AM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post27359903

Old 05-07-2015, 01:53 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
If only RIP meant Return If Possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats