Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times

Advertisements

Pet Connection: Pets on the bed a personal choice - Sacramento Living - Sacramento Food and Wine, Home, Health | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/14/3026384/pet-connection-pets-on-the-bed.html - broken link)

The subject of pets on the bed always makes me laugh, thinking of an old relationship and the new bed that arrived after we'd already split.

The bed in question was the biggest bed I could find. When informed that it would take three months to be manufactured and delivered, I kiddingly asked the man in my life if he would be there when the bed arrived, even though I already had a feeling he wouldn't be.

"Oh sure," he said. "And if I'm not, you have plenty of pets to take up all that space. They'll love it."

Read more: Pet Connection: Pets on the bed a personal choice - Sacramento Living - Sacramento Food and Wine, Home, Health | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/14/3026384/pet-connection-pets-on-the-bed.html#ixzz1CH00g7U9 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,536,702 times
I always thought it was the CAT'S choice - not mine.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:07 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,291 times
I have to laugh at this article! I agree with MissNM in saying it is the cat's choice to sleep on the bed! In fact, in this house, hubs and I see who gets the most cats to sleep on our beds. One of the reasons why two beds and we sleep in two rooms........LOL LOL LOL........

We have so many cats they all won't fit on ONE bed! ROFLMAO Seriously! I sleep in a California King and hubs sleeps in a Queen, and we still don't have room sometimes for us! By the time we get up to go to bed, we just stand on the landing, laughing as quietly as we can, trying to figure out how in the heck we are going to get into our respective beds that night without disturbing the sleeping "kids". True story.

Too funny!!! LOL LOL LOL

Just the other night, we wanted to sleep together for a change. Huh! Not more then five minutes went by, and here comes Cuddles who starts scratching at my love seat......a real NO NO in this house and he KNOWS it.......and would NOT stop until hubs got out of my bed to go to his. Cuddles wanted to sleep with hubs. He won out over me! LOL LOL LOL

Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,038 times
if hubby had his way, all 11 would sleep on the bed with us!

with my allergies... ONLY 1- and thats dot dot (my baby LOL)

although nermal does sleep for awhile at the foot of the bed

Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,871 times
My cat thinks the bed is his. He lets me borrow it though.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Gotta agree with MissNM - it's the cat's choice, not mine. Since I have hot flashes, a cat 'heating pad' is more than I can take and I nudge him over to my husband's side of the bed.

I have dogs as well and the beagle in fact does love to snuggle. She is a grumpy snuggler - God forbid that my husband or I move in bed when she's sleeping. But our bed is high and I stopped lifting her into bed because she would hurt herself (arthritis) getting down when she wanted to get a drink of water in the night.

My female GSD would gladly share a bed with me - but not with my husband. She can't stand his feet, his coughs, his throat-clearing or his sneezes. My male GSD likes to have his own space. In any event they tend to sleep on their doggy beds on my side of the bedroom.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,573,759 times
I don't mind my two dogs in my kingsized bed but my 2 cats are not welcome. The dogs don't shed fur don't move all night and are just nice warm pillows. The cats shed, wander around during the night, rub up to my face and get the old, El Kabong from me with a pillow.

Because they don't feel welcome in the bed they sleep in the dog beds that are beside mine. LOL.
I guess I should rename those beds as cat beds.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,854,114 times
im lucky, my dogs sleep in their crate (unless im having a bad, or good, night and i want their company...its nice they are adaptable) and tempi comes over at night for her bedtime fuss then goes off and does her thing she likes to sleep next to the linnie cage or ontop of jacks cage for some reason...lol.

i like sharing my bed with the critters as long as they have good bed manners. push me out of bed and theres a problem lol

Old 01-27-2011, 05:11 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,937,954 times
Our dog is not allowed in the bed - which I appreciate because I love her, but she smells. At least will take a shower if he's smelly!

Our cats don't nap in the bed, nor sleep in there until I get there most of the time. Then they climb on TOP of me. They've learned not to sleep at my feet - I toss and turn and kicked them off the bed several times when they were kittens - ON me is the only safe place!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Jack waits until things are quiet then jumps up on the bed and sleeps where he want to. He's not a small cat anymore and I wake up with a stiff neck or stiff legs depending on where he ends up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats