Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times

Advertisements

Mine sleep with me, we both enjoy it.
I change the bed every 3 days, the entire bed, all covers etc.

The cats also get baths, anyone who wants to sleep in the bed with me, must at the very least bathe regularly...

I would have a problem if I became involved with someone who wanted to share my bed but not have the cats there. Their company helps me sleep better, I enjoy having them there, its my habit and I enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:24 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,827,228 times
Now that we're in the dead of winter, Weasie likes nothing better than to burrow beneath the comforter and spend most of the day hibernating there. I have to remember to be extra careful before throwing anything or myself on the bed. LOL
During the too brief time Weasie's brother "Puppy" was with us, we played a bedtime game every night. They'd wait at the foot of the bed, at full attention, 'til I'd climbed in and was putting my long legs under the covers. When my feet drew closer to where they sat, it was "gotcha" time. Each would pounce on the advancing "prey," one calf per kitten. Whereupon I'd sit up and softly call out "Gotcha!" as I seized the nape of each of their necks. Satisfied that the prey had been subdued, Puppy and Weasie took turns with roosting places as I lay on my back. One would situate him/herself on my chest while the other took up temporary residence more towards my stomach. They soon learned that I'm a "tummy sleeper" and that I'd be shifting positions during the night. But we all enjoyed the gotcha game, and some quality time with their perching on my torso and purrrrring away as I petted them.
Nowadays Weasie, hibernating or not, picks the place on the bed that she wants to snooze on and is none too happy if that's where I want to be when it's time to make z's. I try to displace her as little as I can when I'm ready to call it a night. After some vocalizing while I get comfy, she curls up far enough away to not be rolled on. Lots of times, she'll remind me that I'm cat-owned by settling down so that she can just barely touch me with an extended paw. For all the wandering around that she does (even when cooped up inside by the winter), it'd be news to me if she ever left the bed except for a quick trip to the dining area or litter box while I'm horizontal.
She's also content with sharing sofa or easy-chair space as long as she gets first dibs on where to sit.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:31 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
My tabby, Jasmine, has slept on my bed beside me for years. She has her own special towel for clawing, kneading, etc. so that my sheets stay intact! Ariel, my gray and white cat, likes to sleep right next to my legs, with her head resting on my leg. I'm a restless sleeper, so that doesn't work for very long. Then there are the times when I come in and find an "Ariel lump" in the bed, because she has nosed her way under the comforter (but above the top sheet).

When I'm reading, one of the cats is almost always in my lap. Of course, then there are the times the other cat will come along and look at me like, "Hey! That cat is in my spot!"

Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
I love sleeping with my cats. I have a queen size bed but only one narrow strip of it is mine, the other half is lined with cat beds, however most sleep on or next to me most or all of the night. I have one under the covers curled up against my stomach, one at the back of my neck and one in my arms. The fourth likes to sleep ON me, on my hip, which hurts so I do have to tip her off a couple of times a night.

My cats are very clean all by themselves, cats do not need to be bathed, they are self cleaning. I love the sound of their purring and the feel of their fur under my hands as I drift off. True Bliss.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,473,568 times
No pets on our bed

My husband let the dog up once and the dog peed on it (he had JUST been outside). We let the cats up on it a couple times and they just shed all over my pillow. So instead I put cheap dollar-store pillows in their room, like a giant bed, lol! They love it and sometimes won't come out of their kitty-room.

We bought a big dog bed so our doggy sleeps next to our bed. He doesn't want to come up. Other thing is, our bed is too high up for him to climb anymore, heck...I even have to get a step stool to get up on it

Old 01-28-2011, 08:05 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,629,470 times
My kitten comes to bed with me every night. If I stay up late she gets distressed at the interruption to her routine and she'll try to get my attention and lead me to bed. The same with my husband if he's up too late and hasn't come to bed she gets up and goes out to get him! She has a couple pillows and a cat bed in the headboard (it's a bookshelf style). Sometimes she lies on a pillow, sometimes in the cat bed, sometimes on the wood on top of the headboard.

But every morning, an hour or so before it's time to get up, she comes purring and snuggles up to me - only if i am lying on my left side facing out. She likes to get really close and tuck her head under my chin so my breath doesn't tickle her ears and often wraps her front legs around my neck like she's hugging me. Then she goes to sleep for awhile, and when she wakes up again she makes a little sound "uurp!" and reaches out and strokes my face with her paw and gives me kisses and then goes back to sleep. She repeats this every few minutes like a snuggly little snooze alarm. What a great way to wake up every day!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
My kitten comes to bed with me every night. If I stay up late she gets distressed at the interruption to her routine and she'll try to get my attention and lead me to bed. The same with my husband if he's up too late and hasn't come to bed she gets up and goes out to get him! She has a couple pillows and a cat bed in the headboard (it's a bookshelf style). Sometimes she lies on a pillow, sometimes in the cat bed, sometimes on the wood on top of the headboard.

But every morning, an hour or so before it's time to get up, she comes purring and snuggles up to me - only if i am lying on my left side facing out. She likes to get really close and tuck her head under my chin so my breath doesn't tickle her ears and often wraps her front legs around my neck like she's hugging me. Then she goes to sleep for awhile, and when she wakes up again she makes a little sound "uurp!" and reaches out and strokes my face with her paw and gives me kisses and then goes back to sleep. She repeats this every few minutes like a snuggly little snooze alarm. What a great way to wake up every day!
Awwwwwww!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:01 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
I like having the cats sleep with me, too; alas, they always pick the spouse's side of the bed to sleep on, and he's not so patient. This morning, around 5 a.m., I heard some rustling and some meowing -- sure enough, he'd had enough and was hauling them both out of the room and shutting the door behind him.

And then I wake up an hour later wondering where my kitties are ...

Old 01-28-2011, 10:02 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
My cat sleeps in his little cat bed, which is right next to me on the bed. He stays curled up in there all night long, if I wake up at night, I can just reach out and pet him, then go back to sleep. I have never been able to sleep with dogs, they have beds, and stay on the floor. When my kids were small, the "big" deal at bedtime was that the cat would go to sleep with them, or the dog. Everyone would get tucked into bed, the kid, the cat or dog, whichever one they picked. It works great to keep kids in bed. Then, when it was time to wake up, I would always put the cat on one kid, and the dog on the other, to wake up the kids...the animals actually "knew" it was their job, to tuck the kids in, and sleep with them, and to wake them up...animals know more than we think.

My last cat used to bring toys in while I was asleep, the bed would be full of little balls every morning.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
My cats have always slept on the bed with me. I disturb them more in my sleep than they disturb me. No problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats