Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times

Advertisements

I have a queensized bed and its just me and the furries. I've never tucked in covers and go for oversized comfortors to wrap myself in so there is room for all. My medium sized beagle has fear problems when she sleeps, so she sleeps on pillows at the side. Lately she will lie next to me if there is a pillow inbetween. My gumbydog, which is to say an odd combination of dogs is six months old and back is past my knees, and his paws sit on top of the four foot fence. He has to be touching me. His favorite is stretched out in his full length glory with his head resting on my side. If its cold he will get underneath but still must be near. It is a very good thing I have a big bed since he's still growing. His favorite cat brother, a black and white cat named Patches, decided a while ago he should sleep with us so he starts out on me and sometimes stays there. His favorite spot is my hip or shoulder, but lately he'll sleep on one of my many pillows. I don't know if its because Patches considers himself number one cat or because of the dog, but the other male and my origional cat sleep next to the door or romp all night. She used it sleep with me but I think she is wary of the dog, or she likes Scampy.

The girls are smaller and more leery of the puppy and like to sleep in their room. I need homes for some and the one place I had "set" was having the house fixed up, decided it was going to cost too much when the city wouldn't pass some things and they moved. Haven't been back so I'm thinking that is or should be off.

Anybody know of a no-kill cat rescue in Olklahoma?

Love them and want to keep a couple but for my house there are too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 11:46 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,437 times
My cat sleeps on the bed with me. I actually sleep better knowing she is there. I wake up and feel around to make sure she is there with me.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
If you go on petfinder.com, put in your zip code and click on shelters, you'll get a list of shelters in order of disance. Most have links to websites which will usually tell you if they're no-kill or open-door. Please be aware though that due to space issues no-killshelters will have waiting lists of weeks to months or longer, and open door shelters are so completely overwhelmed with cats that many, especially if they aren't kittens, will never find that forever home. It sounds like things are going OK in your house, so if it's at all possible to keep them, that would be by far the best. If you absolutely feel you can't you could try craigslist or ebay classifieds, but be careful there. There are some very strange people out there. People aren't always what they present themselves to be. Again, YOU are the one who you know is giving them a good home.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:47 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
My 4 each have their own spot next to me. Woe unto anyone who tries to take another's spot. All my bedding is washable cotton.
I absolutely love having the "family" close. I went with the extra "cat" blanket on the bed to keep the felines away from my face due to my allergies.

However, last night it didn't work for one feline. Always one.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
I can't imagine my pets not sleeping with us. They're on and off the bed all night long. We even bought a loveseat for the front window of our bedroom for the dogs that don't want to sleep on the bed. And there's a dog bed on each side of the bed on the floor for them too. We have the given dogs that sleep with us every night, lest we spend all night listening to the barking and crying. They have us well trained. The others come and go and some of them never get in the bed. On winter nights, it's actually nice to have them up there. We stay extra warm. And we don't worry about the shedding because we triple sheet the bed. Makes life waaaaay easier!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Missy almost always sleeps with me, she likes to get in under the covers when I first get in bed, with just her droll little face peeking out.
Later, she likes to get in between DHs and my pillows and snooze, she never fails to wake me in time for me to go let the goats out in the morning, and most importantly, breakfast for herself and Otis, who would never, ever dream of sleeping with anyone, hes such a snob, lol

Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
My cats sleep with me. No problem.

However, over Christmas I stayed one night at my sister and BIL's house. They have a Black Lab who wanted to sleep on the bed with me. So, I let him.

That will never happen again.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:32 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
I can understand that!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I keep my cat on the lower half of the bed - don't need to be facing her tail end when I wake up. Besides, her paws have been walking in the litter box and that stuff doesn't need to find its way on my pillows.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Pet Connection: Pets on the bed a personal choice - Sacramento Living - Sacramento Food and Wine, Home, Health | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/14/3026384/pet-connection-pets-on-the-bed.html - broken link)

The subject of pets on the bed always makes me laugh, thinking of an old relationship and the new bed that arrived after we'd already split.

The bed in question was the biggest bed I could find. When informed that it would take three months to be manufactured and delivered, I kiddingly asked the man in my life if he would be there when the bed arrived, even though I already had a feeling he wouldn't be.

"Oh sure," he said. "And if I'm not, you have plenty of pets to take up all that space. They'll love it."

Read more: Pet Connection: Pets on the bed a personal choice - Sacramento Living - Sacramento Food and Wine, Home, Health | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/14/3026384/pet-connection-pets-on-the-bed.html#ixzz1CH00g7U9 - broken link)
You mean there are people out there with pets who DON'T sleep with them? How weird is that? LOL wink wink

Last night the cat slept on my head ALL NIGHT LONG. It's ok, but if you turn over in the night it startles him and he whips out ALL 18 claws!

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats