Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2022, 12:22 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,689,350 times

Advertisements

I don't think businesses will allow that again. Sort of like sticking their fingers in their ears and singing la-la-la-la I can't hear youuuuu

They've had enough

Old 06-21-2022, 01:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
There are no backwards parts of California. Maybe not as affluent as where you live but also not as smug and thinking people are better than others because of where they live.
Sensitive, huh? Fine, there are third-worldish parts of LA itself, but the city/county government sometimes makes a public health effort. I should've made it more about the Wild West attitudes of some regions, where government seems to only exist re very basic services and major crimes. That is incompatible with maintaining public health.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:12 PM

35,047 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I don't think businesses will allow that again. Sort of like sticking their fingers in their ears and singing la-la-la-la I can't hear youuuuu

They've had enough
I wish I was as sanguine as you. I think that Americans were "sheople" during the pandemic. No one asked hard questions. At the very least someone should have raised questions when beaches, tennis courts and playgrounds were locked off.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:12 PM

3,068 posts, read 1,742,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Economic damage was caused by closing everything down. Man made. If we try and do that again we are going to have a real long recession.
Yep, and the last time we shut down and paid people to stay home resulted in our current state of inflation and supply chain issues. We can't do that again...

Old 06-21-2022, 01:21 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I wish I was as sanguine as you. I think that Americans were "sheople" during the pandemic. No one asked hard questions. At the very least someone should have raised questions when beaches, tennis courts and playgrounds were locked off.
That was all I needed to see to know the rest of these "mandates" were just a simple way for control. I contacted senators, city council and everyone I could and never got a reply. We asked the hard questions just got no reply.

Closing forests and oceans. Now wear a mask and go play hunger games in Costco. I was furious. The only thing that kept my sanity was the ability to work from home.

That and I found ways around the stupid lockdowns were there was no one to chase us off. We used BLM land after they closed down National Forest. We left to go fishing off a private dock they couldn't lock down.

Now the govt is trying to use phone data to track who wasn't complying and that's not what it was supposed to be used for.

https://www.wired.com/story/value-et...itor-covid-19/

Old 06-21-2022, 01:50 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Now the govt is trying to use phone data to track who wasn't complying and that's not what it was supposed to be used for.

https://www.wired.com/story/value-et...itor-covid-19/
"Now"? That article is from March of 2020.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:55 PM

35,047 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"Now"? That article is from March of 2020.
Does it really matter? Do we live in a police state?

Old 06-21-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Sensitive, huh? Fine, there are third-worldish parts of LA itself, but the city/county government sometimes makes a public health effort. I should've made it more about the Wild West attitudes of some regions, where government seems to only exist re very basic services and major crimes. That is incompatible with maintaining public health.
Saying parts of L.A. are "third-world" tells me you have no idea what third-world actually is. It's clear to me now that you are either misinformed or a bot, assigned to this site to stir up trouble and make less than intelligent comments. I can't decide which but one thing is sure. You live in a bubble, which is why you think overzealous restrictions are the way to suppress the virus. Good luck with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Americans were sheople during the pandemic. They've always been sheople. The number of independent thinkers has diminished over the years but there are still plenty of us around, thankfully. As for being sanguine, I don't know whether that's true but I have faith people will wake up before it's too late and if they don't they will have to learn to live with the very thing they despise now. Just have to wait and see.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
That was all I needed to see to know the rest of these "mandates" were just a simple way for control. I contacted senators, city council and everyone I could and never got a reply. We asked the hard questions just got no reply.
Control is what they want, 1ATP and those who walk through life believing the government is here to help you are delusional. The very thing they hold precious now will soon be under fire and they won't like it so much when restrictions are put on those. By then, it will be too late. I wish them luck.

Kudos for taking the initiative to contact your representatives. Sorry you never got a reply. Standard procedure, though. They're all in when they want your vote but forget who you are, once they get what they want.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:58 PM

3,068 posts, read 1,742,177 times
Quote:
Same here. I wrote my local people to ask them to overturn Newsom's powers. Out of the two, only one replied and defended him every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California