Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 09:21 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Before; the poll was taken May 17-26.

You really believe that, Mike? Just this week, 281 Californians have died of COVID-19.
What I am is disgusted. A large crowd shows up on Orange County beaches. The governor gets upset and closes the beach because that crowd was too large, posed a health hazard and they weren’t social distancing. Photos show a restaurant in San Diego packed and it was closed down because the crowd was too large and they weren’t social distancing. A large crowd shows up at a canyon in Los Angeles and they close it because it was too many people who weren’t social distancing.

Large crowds protest all over the state, no social distancing and there are crickets. In fact, they’re praised and encouraged.

So large crowds are bad at beaches, restaurants, hiking trails, sporting events, movie theaters, gyms and churches, but if you’re protesting that’s ok. If someone can give me a rational explanation for this I’m all ears.

The restrictions must be BS since the science guy (aka Newsom) and every other politician in the state is fine with large crowds now.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:59 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,141,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
What I am is disgusted. A large crowd shows up on Orange County beaches. The governor gets upset and closes the beach because that crowd was too large, posed a health hazard and they weren’t social distancing. Photos show a restaurant in San Diego packed and it was closed down because the crowd was too large and they weren’t social distancing. A large crowd shows up at a canyon in Los Angeles and they close it because it was too many people who weren’t social distancing.

Large crowds protest all over the state, no social distancing and there are crickets. In fact, they’re praised and encouraged.

So large crowds are bad at beaches, restaurants, hiking trails, sporting events, movie theaters, gyms and churches, but if you’re protesting that’s ok. If someone can give me a rational explanation for this I’m all ears.

The restrictions must be BS since the science guy (aka Newsom) and every other politician in the state is fine with large crowds now.
Wow i never thought i would agree with you. You're totally correct and i can't explain the rational between closing everything and being okay with hundred thousands of people protesting

Old 06-05-2020, 10:11 AM

42,847 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
At this point, yes, the restrictions are pointless. People will die. This is a virus. We can't hide from it. The original point of locking down was to not overwhelm the healthcare system and to avoid unnecessary deaths. The intent was never to avoid ALL deaths and that is NOT possible. I suppose it were to be possible if we truly locked everyone down until there's a vaccine, but that is not reasonable. 281 deaths, while tragic, is a very small number statistically.
The restrictions are not pointless. More people would have died without them. Some people lack the ability to empathize with the tragedy of 281 deaths unless one of their friends or family members happens to be in that statistic.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The restrictions are not pointless. More people would have died without them. Some people lack the ability to empathize with the tragedy of 281 deaths unless one of their friends or family members happens to be in that statistic.
Why do all the protesters have the blessing of the California leadership while the rest are supposed to abide by the restrictions?

The restrictions are pointless now.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:24 AM

42,847 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Why do all the protesters have the blessing of the California leadership while the rest are supposed to abide by the restrictions?
Hell if I should know, I responded to this same question in another thread less that 30 minutes ago. I'm not Gavin Newsom's spokesperson. He only lives a few miles from me but he hasn't invited us over for a BBQ yet but if he does I will definitely ask him about that

Old 06-05-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Hell if I should know, I responded to this same question in another thread less that 30 minutes ago. I'm not Gavin Newsom's spokesperson. He only lives a few miles from me but he hasn't invited us over for a BBQ yet but if he does I will definitely ask him about that
I see. It’s easy to sidestep a question or response if it doesn’t fit the narrative you believe.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:27 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:

You know why, don't you? If any one of the politicians says anything about stifling the protests, they'll be called a racist even though their intent isn't to squash the protests but rather to continue social distancing. It would be entirely to keep people safe but it wouldn't be taken that way because that's always the way it goes.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You know why, don't you? If any one of the politicians says anything about stifling the protests, they'll be called a racist even though their intent isn't to squash the protests but rather to continue social distancing. It would be entirely to keep people safe but it wouldn't be taken that way because that's always the way it goes.
At least someone here can give an honest answer instead of sidestepping the issue.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:34 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
At least someone here can give an honest answer instead of sidestepping the issue.

That's because I'm not politically correct or hadn't you heard? (Hope you your family have a good weekend. I've been playing in the stock market this morning. I'm going to take a nap now. Who knew making $$$ could be so exhausting? )

Old 06-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
That's because I'm not politically correct or hadn't you heard? (Hope you your family have a good weekend. I've been playing in the stock market this morning. I'm going to take a nap now. Who knew making $$$ could be so exhausting? )
You too! Couldn’t rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California