Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 11:07 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Sounds good. I’m jealous.

This is why I take media reports with a grain of salt. Every now and then I buy into something. People (including myself) ask why Newsom didn’t give a timeline For lifting restrictions. However, no one is in any state. If we get to the point other states are lifting restrictions and we’re not, that may be a problem.
Exactly so

Old 04-15-2020, 02:14 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The only good thing is I’ve read is that they can print disposable menus.
If it's on paper, I'll happily bring it home to recycle, like kids menus.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:30 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
Hmmmm.

As U.S. discouraged mask use for public, White House team raced to secure face coverings from Taiwan for senior staff
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...094_story.html

Quote:
In mid-March, a National Security Council team rushed to fix what they saw as a threat to the U.S. government’s ability to function amid the advancing pandemic: a lack of masks to protect enough staff on the White House complex.

Alarmed by the small cache and the growing signs of an acute shortage of protective gear in the United States, a senior NSC official turned to a foreign government for help, according to people familiar with the situation.

The outreach resulted in a donation of hundreds of thousands of surgical masks from Taiwan, which had plentiful domestic production and had sharply curtailed the spread of the coronavirus on the island.

While the bulk of Taiwan’s goodwill shipment went to the Strategic National Stockpile, 3,600 were set aside for White House staff and officials, administration officials said.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:01 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yeah. Not sure anecdotal are much if any better than media ... they feed on each other ... and agendas are everywhere. Getting a reasonably accurate picture involves a fair amount of compilation of sources. In this case of Whitmer’s ‘extreme measures’ what I sleuthed out was from personally known anecdotes, then random anecdotal opinions from the Michigan CD threads (where I found much more support than criticism) and then news from conservative (FOX), moderate local (Hawaii Now), and liberal (Daily Beast) ... several each leaning ... until it was clear that guidelines and directives were being grossly misinterpreted, taken out of context, and misstated to bash Whitmer. Newsom and Cuomo aren’t on any VP pick list. That’s what I come up with.

Homemade tacos for me tonight. Venison harvested wild right here last season
I guess your relative wasn’t part of the huge protest in Michigan today

Old 04-15-2020, 04:44 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I guess your relative wasn’t part of the huge protest in Michigan today
Nope. He’s not a whiner.

Finper, the population of Michigan is 10,000,000. You can jam up the streets around the capital with a few hundred cars, call it “a huge protest” and do your Trump-dance if you like. But even a few hundred thousand who oppose the shut-down restrictions don’t amount to much compared to the majority who approve of Whitmer’s policies apparently.

3rd worst hot spot in the country ... and she’s not doing any different than Newsom or Inslee and other governors. The state needs to stop the virus.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:06 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
Pretty cool:

SNL’s Michael Che vows to pay rent for public housing residents to honor grandmother who died of coronavirus
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e-coronavirus/

Quote:
This week, Che was once again inspired by his late grandmother, who recently died of the novel coronavirus. He announced on Instagram on Wednesday night that he will pay one month’s rent for the residents living in a New York public housing complex where Martha resided until the 1990s.

“Obviously I can’t offer much help by myself,” he said. “But in the spirit and memory of my late grandmother, I’m paying one month’s rent for all 160 apartments in the [New York City Housing Authority] building she lived in.”

Old 04-16-2020, 12:27 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm talking about families getting together. There is a risk with asymptomatic carriers and I doubt most of the population would be willing to wear a mask and social distance with their closest relatives.
We've been social distancing from even the close relatives that live a few blocks away. We'll drop off food and PPE for each other (healthcare providers still working, including an ER doc who has definitely seen COVID patients) but we do wear masks and keep at least 10 feet away. It's tough enough dealing with things (including caring for small children) when we're all healthy, the last thing any of us needs is for someone to get sick.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
We've been social distancing from even the close relatives that live a few blocks away. We'll drop off food and PPE for each other (healthcare providers still working, including an ER doc who has definitely seen COVID patients) but we do wear masks and keep at least 10 feet away. It's tough enough dealing with things (including caring for small children) when we're all healthy, the last thing any of us needs is for someone to get sick.
Glad to hear you are doing your part and we are doing the same except for the mask part. We are not practicing using them enough. Yes, even our close relatives, like our daughter, her family and a good family friend are just dropping food off for us at our front door. Everyone I know are doing the same for their friends and relatives We did get together with our granddaughter and her 2 little ones last week. We sat outside far apart and watched the kids ride their scooters while we enjoyed a glass of wine. She brought her own and no snacks. Our daughter and I did the same thing a few days before.

Old 04-19-2020, 04:11 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Broadway star Nick Cordero, who recently starred in a new production of “Rock of Ages” in Hollywood, is set to have his leg amputated after suffering complications linked to COVID-19.

The Canadian actor, 41, who has a 10-month-old son with former dancer Amanda Kloots, is due to have his right leg amputated Saturday due to blood clotting in the limb following an infection from the novel coronavirus, Kloots shared on Instagram Saturday.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...9-complication

Old 04-19-2020, 05:00 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Broadway star Nick Cordero, who recently starred in a new production of “Rock of Ages” in Hollywood, is set to have his leg amputated after suffering complications linked to COVID-19.

The Canadian actor, 41, who has a 10-month-old son with former dancer Amanda Kloots, is due to have his right leg amputated Saturday due to blood clotting in the limb following an infection from the novel coronavirus, Kloots shared on Instagram Saturday.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...9-complication

I read that earlier today.... sad situation.

here is another angle being looked by researchers

https://neurosciencenews.com/coronav...-system-16199/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California