Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 08:40 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Wow. I just looked up what that crackpot in Michigan has restricted. It does make you thankful you’re not there.
Apparently, the people in Michigan aren't happy with her, either. They've started a petition to remove her from office. I'm just curious if the ones wanting to recall her are the same ones that voted her into office.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
He is an idiot but Democrats like him as they have no issue giving up liberty for short term security.
No, he's not an idiot. He's simply an ambitious politician who has he eyes on the WH. And, if he does well in handling this crisis, it will be a huge bullet point on his resume. He has charisma and some find that appealing. I tend to look at the character of a person so because of that, very few politicians get my endorsement. But, that's just me.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:58 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Newsom is going to release a plan tomorrow on how to reopen businesses in conjunction with Washington and Oregon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kro...d-tuesday/amp/

Old 04-13-2020, 09:02 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
Quote:
Newsom is going to release a plan tomorrow on how to reopen businesses in conjunction with Washington and Oregon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kro...d-tuesday/amp/

I heard that on the evening news here. I am looking forward to reading the details of the plan tomorrow

Old 04-13-2020, 09:04 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing it, too.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Apparently, the people in Michigan aren't happy with her, either. They've started a petition to remove her from office. I'm just curious if the ones wanting to recall her are the same ones that voted her into office.
I bet they regret putting her in office. I agree with you that Newsom has his eye on the WH. That gives us hope because whatever I think of Newsom, I don’t think he’s stupid.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I bet they regret putting her in office. I agree with you that Newsom has his eye on the WH. That gives us hope because whatever I think of Newsom, I don’t think he’s stupid.
I don't know if the people in Michigan knew she was so, for lack of a better word, strict. I can tell you this. If my parents were still alive and living in their home, I wouldn't let any government tell me I couldn't go to them. 'Course, everyone in my family is gone now but if they were alive and needed me, I'd be there come hell or high water. Stay at home order or not. It's the primary reason I live in America and not some Communist country.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I don't know if the people in Michigan knew she was so, for lack of a better word, strict. I can tell you this. If my parents were still alive and living in their home, I wouldn't let any government tell me I couldn't go to them. 'Course, everyone in my family is gone now but if they were alive and needed me, I'd be there come hell or high water. Stay at home order or not. It's the primary reason I live in America and not some Communist country.
I agree. There are some orders I would ignore and that’s one. It’s practically unenforceable.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:14 AM

273 posts, read 684,693 times
one thing I have read and also heard that works to heal the virus is heat such as hot tea or coffee heat kills the virus so I heard and salt also is good for viruses

Old 04-14-2020, 08:31 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Wow. I just looked up what that crackpot in Michigan has restricted. It does make you thankful you’re not there.
Quote:
Not sure what either of you two have read about Whitmer’s shut down orders that I haven’t read - and neither of you two strike me as whack-a-doodle FOX News addicts - so I’m curious. From what I’ve read, Michigan is the nation’s 3rd hardest hit region behind NY / NJ in CV cases and not seeing any flattening of the acceleration curve yet. And the stay-at-home orders appear to be no different than a number of other severely affected areas of the country and world.

Because Whitmer has been outspoken in response to Trump’s irresponsibilities and lies and threats, she has gained a high public profile - and a serious consideration as a VP pick for Biden to run against Trump. There has probably never been such an important VP nomination upcoming in the history of our nation. The result of these factors has been a powerful misinformation and negative PR campaign from Trump’s team attacking Whitmer lest she become an anti-Trump dynamic. The anti-Whitmer protests are being organized and run by these conservative Trump forces.

The Trump team campaign is strong and pervasive and cleverly / expertly spreading their attack into social and MSM as well as extremist media.

If either of you can provide detail of ways Whitmer is off the rails compared to other efforts to lockdown a hotspot, I’d be interested to learn more. Crap like “she’s not allowing sales of American flags”, and “she’s not allowing sales of child car seats so people can take grandkids to see grandparents” ... um, obviously are already being debunked. I mean past that level of nonsense. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California