Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 04:35 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Listen to the doctors:

I heard from a doctor on TV that during this time of coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we could all use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things I had started and not finished, so I finished a bottle of merlot, a bottle of chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of valiumun scriptuns,an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus i feel rite now. Send thss to all who need inner **** and telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands munerus tymes a da. Stafe day avrybobby.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:06 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Look on the bright side, both plastic and paper grocery bags are free now
Free in all cities in CA? Which stores?
If so that would be great. I know many other cities and sometimes entire states such as MA suspended any bans and fees on bags during the pandemic. Hopefully politicians in this state and others as well as around the world permanently back down on emotionally driven eco-extremism that had been spreading in global scale prior to COVID 19, after learning their lesson, that sterile disposable items has their purpose in the modern world, you could engineer better yet eco friendly items but don't push the reuse or else nor force people to share their lips on dirty cups propaganda. There is really no need to coerce behaviors with penalities at the checkout stand or in the restaurant for that matter. Apparently, many progressive politicians around the world treated the way people bring groceries home as an emergency prior to COVID 19. Some places like Puerto Rico the governor even used executive orders to push mandatory fees on bags into law even after being voted down by both the house and senate.
Its interesting we don't make people pay for non-styrofoam containers either where styrofoam or polyetrene is banned. Why do we make customers pay for being served non banned bags or shopkeepers willing to provide good service? And also rather than an outright ban we can help expedite developing real compostable items and use them in combination of paper or plastic. Training bagging clerks to pack sharp plastic containers in paper bags, fruit veggies and meats in bin liner sized truly compostable bags, paper boxes in plastic bags especially during rain. The average shopper would probably walk way with 2 paper bags and three plastic /compostable bags as opposed to 8 plastic bags or 6 paper bags.
Restaurants can offer biodegradable microwavable containers and offer a choose of paper, edible, or compostable straws rather than hide straws in the kitchen then grudgingly bring them out when a customer requests for one.

I noticed that the hardest hit portions of the world seems to be places which politicians passed the most eco related legislation during the past few years, with the sole exception of Iran. Including bans and measures to encourage reuse. And had switched to mainly nondisinfecting detergents in an effort to save the environment. Though at the same time they are also the ones that had taken the most Authoritarian measures on their citizens during the COVID 19 pandemic this includes states within the US as well as in Europe where such moves were not so long ago were viewed as never will occur there. Apparently the can realize how fragile our rights under the constitution are if they don't stand firm and cherish it as one day its there it could be gone by tomorrow. Remember most Authoritarian regimes weren't always like that in the past but something tramatically happened usually war but they never went back to normal but they stayed that way. I am also suspicious at the whole thing including the advice by most western politicians and media educating the public that masks don't work. Also how it spread so much in the west months after severe restrictions on all traffic from China.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:07 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Listen to the doctors:

I heard from a doctor on TV that during this time of coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we could all use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things I had started and not finished, so I finished a bottle of merlot, a bottle of chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of valiumun scriptuns,an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus i feel rite now. Send thss to all who need inner **** and telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands munerus tymes a da. Stafe day avrybobby.

glad to know you are emptying all of those glass bottles Tulemutt. They are one of my favorite aerial targets at my shooting range. BTW broken glass scattered around the perimeter of your yard is a gret way to control access by UNWANTED visitors.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:29 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Listen to the doctors:

I think the reason my stomach is a bit unsettled......is this afternoon I finished off a box of yummy cookies with a rather rich filling

Old 04-01-2020, 10:05 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
Sickos.

After Threats, Anthony Fauci to Receive Enhanced Personal Security
Dr. Fauci has become a target of online conspiracy theorists after advocating social distancing rules.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/u...gtype=Homepage

Quote:
Dr. Fauci has been the Trump administration’s most outspoken advocate of social distancing rules that have shuttered the nation’s schools, forced businesses to close, kept people in their homes and battered the United States economy.

That has made him a target of online conspiracy theorists who have accused Dr. Fauci, a longtime scientist and civil servant who has served presidents of both parties, of trying to undermine Mr. Trump during a year in which the president is fighting for re-election.

The Department of Health and Human Services granted the enhanced personal security for Dr. Fauci, 79, after the Justice Department signed off on a request for extra agents to guard him, officials said. Alex M. Azar II, the health and human services secretary, had grown worried that the threats against the doctor were increasing as more of the country shut down in response to the coronavirus.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:12 PM

228 posts, read 161,934 times
Bunch of crock about reusable items and eco-friendly measures causing coronavirus spread, same about non-sense regarding non-disinfecting detergents.

Coronavirus is the first warning to humankind, which destroys Earth environment at will.
Next will be some airborne Ebola with 95 percent death rate.
And humankind will deserve it they don't stop polluting environment, exterminate animals and conduct vile medical experiments (such as torture animals or genetically modify viruses).

All these disinfecting detergents mainly work to create generations of people with bad immune systems, whose systems weren't property trained by exposure to various pathogens early on and they're more vulnerable to infections and suffer from autoimmune diseases.

All these plastic shopping bags, plastic straws, and harsh detergents garbage is a new thing that appeared pretty recently, mostly spread by the US of A. May be that 's why the States are hit so hard. People here are unhealthy, from bad foods and living in unhealthy toxic environments, entitled, and have bad immune systems.

Last edited by worldcitizen10; 04-01-2020 at 10:21 PM..

Old 04-02-2020, 10:06 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
5,114 have died from Coronavirus, 60 million died of the Swine flu under Obama. The media loved Obama, hate Trump, that's why the all day and night emphasis with nothing else. The media have driven this frenzy.

Old 04-02-2020, 11:44 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
5,114 have died from Coronavirus, 60 million died of the Swine flu under Obama. The media loved Obama, hate Trump, that's why the all day and night emphasis with nothing else. The media have driven this frenzy.
Um, no, Vega ... there were 60million cases with 12,469 deaths:
From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:38 PM

228 posts, read 161,934 times
Authoritarian state (Russia) just sent 60 tons of masks and ventilators to the States, by the way. Apparently, robust democracy couldn't provide own citizens with masks. Even basic gauze/cotton ones.
There're a lot of people who want to wear a mask or respirator but can't find one and don't know how to make one. It's a total failure on the part of the government to prepare for such easily predictable emergency (after SARS, especially).

Old 04-02-2020, 01:39 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,741,053 times
New system for shopping delivery

A woman trained her dog to deliver groceries to a neighbor with health problems."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/iy...rnd/index.html

I'd like to adopt a dog to carry the neighbors' groceries to our house. If the dog comes with free beer (Mutt posted that so I know it's true) I'm set for life and never have to step outside again.

Last edited by mgforshort; 04-02-2020 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California