Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 11:51 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,335,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Pregnant illegal women cannot get welfare. In order to get welfare you have to show ID, including birth certificate. They could get medicaid for the little kids born here and maybe food stamps. But that is not enough for the illegal immigrants parents to LIVE off of, so they still have to WORK!!!!

Its bull**** that immigrants come here and get free rent, that definitely does not happen. First of all, generally speaking welfare offices don't do rent (with some exceptions). The rental assistance program is Section 8 and they only deal with citizens and maybe permanent residents. Its a lengthy process getting Section 8, even if one has children.

Stop spreading lies!
First of all, why don't you look up PRUCOL before you get on my back? YOU are the one who has no idea what you are talking about:

Quote:
Permanent Residence Under Color of Law (PRUCOL) is not recognized as an immigration status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); this category was created by the courts and is a public benefits eligibility category. For a person to be residing "under color of law," the USCIS must know of the person’s presence in the U.S., and must provide the person with written assurance that enforcement of deportation is not planned. A person residing under PRUCOL status cannot directly apply for U.S. citizenship or sponsor family members to obtain U.S. Citizenship. A person from any country, who resides in the United States without current legal immigration status including, but not limited to, citizenship, permanent residency, unexpired immigrant visa, is an undocumented person. Though they are not U.S. citizens, they are considered to have the same rights as legal residents ‘for welfare eligibility purposes’.
In 1996, the Feds creating a new statutory definition of "qualified alien," which replaced the PRUCOL Doctrine and has stricter eligibility requirements.

For the most part, illegal alien pregnant women get free medical care up to (prenatal care) and including the birth of the baby (delivery) WITHOUT showing any proof of legal status. Most health care providers play along with this due to a fear of malpractice suits if and when a ready to deliver pregnant illegal alien arrives at the ER (they are legally responsible to give her medical care then). They feel it is better off to give no questions asked prenatal care and keep track of the pregnancy beforehand than have a high-risk delivery that might result in a lawsuit. And before you go off on "illegal aliens cannot sue Americans in a US court" ... yes they can and do! See this article:

Difficult delivery for the undocumented Illegal immigrants' pregnancy care is straining local hospitals. - Philly.com
Quote:
Rocio, a Mexican woman living in Norristown, is scheduled to have her second baby, a boy, by cesarean section next Sunday at Montgomery Hospital.

At that point, Medicaid, the federal and state insurance program for the poor, will pay for her hospital care and that of her baby, who will be an American citizen.

In the meantime, Rocio, whose full name is being withheld by The Inquirer, is among an increasing number of illegal immigrants getting prenatal care at clinics run by Norristown's two hospitals.
Once the little American citizen is born, then the little American citizen is the one who "officially" gets all the food stamps, WIC, Welfare, including rent paid, etc. But an infant cannot manage that by him or herself, can they? They need a caretaker, right? Mommy gets to stay here as the guardian of the child, regardless of her own citizenship status until the child becomes an adult. Then it's not over yet, because once an adult, the offspring can then petition to have his/her parent(s) be able to gain legal status. That is why these children are called "anchor babies." Because they anchor in the illegal alien mother to the USA.

Welfare offices do so "do rent." Where have you been? They also do real estate fees and security deposits for their indigent clients!

Section 8 is a whole other program. It has nothing to do with welfare, which is a state program distributed by counties. Section 8 is a federal program and is NOT hooked in with ANY of the 50 states' welfare programs. So learn what you are talking about.

Most people on welfare are not on Section 8, as welfare is supposed to be "temporary." Indeed, its official name is Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, "TANF." Section 8 is a program where the voucher can be kept for life and is usually given to those who are elderly or on a permanent, proven disability like SSI or SSDI.

Stop spreading misinformation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Even with Food Stamps, you have to provide proof and citizenship, at least I did back when I used them a few years ago. The people spreading this crap have never used these services (and good for them) but if they ever had, they would realize that it isn't as easy as they seem to think. When I was on Food Stamps I have to provide proof of income as well.
If a baby is born in the USA to an illegal alien, voila ... s/he has a birth certificate proving US Citizenship! Can this infant manage his/her own household? NO! Baby needs mommy to care for him/her until adulthood. Mommy needs to eat too! This is how it works.

Getting these services is always much harder for US citizens. They make you jump through hoops because they want you working and paying taxes, NOT getting anything for free! (I am not kidding!)

Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,172,743 times
Quote:
Pregnant illegal women cannot get welfare. In order to get welfare you have to show ID, including birth certificate. They could get medicaid for the little kids born here and maybe food stamps. But that is not enough for the illegal immigrants parents to LIVE off of, so they still have to WORK!!!!

Its bull**** that immigrants come here and get free rent, that definitely does not happen. First of all, generally speaking welfare offices don't do rent (with some exceptions). The rental assistance program is Section 8 and they only deal with citizens and maybe permanent residents. Its a lengthy process getting Section 8, even if one has children.

Stop spreading lies!
Quote:
Florida and California are very much alike. California produced Ronald Reagan and Pete Wilson. But via immigration California underwent massive demographics changes and is now a solid blue state.

As for Republican Florida, Barack Obama won them twice. Florida is another immigrant magnet.

All this hatred is really about some people being upset that politicians can no longer cater to old white people for running for office in huge parts of the country.
Both are backward states with third worlders destroying the quality of life. Politicians from el aye in thw pockets of mexican drug cartels.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,423,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If a baby is born in the USA to an illegal alien, voila ... s/he has a birth certificate proving US Citizenship! Can this infant manage his/her own household? NO! Baby needs mommy to care for him/her until adulthood. Mommy needs to eat too! This is how it works.

Getting these services is always much harder for US citizens. They make you jump through hoops because they want you working and paying taxes, NOT getting anything for free! (I am not kidding!)
I can see your point. Can't argue about the birth thing.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I can see your point. Can't argue about the birth thing.
If the politicians CARED, we could fix this WITHOUT even changing the Constitution and giving up the "you're a citizen if you are born on US soil."

We could change it to if a baby is born to an illegal alien mother and there is no citizen father to claim the baby either (by proof of DNA of course), once the baby is born, both mother and baby have to go back to mother's home country. Baby is eligible to reenter the USA and claim his/her citizenship at age 21. We take sample of baby's DNA at birth so when baby comes back as an adult we know we have the right person (no selling the citizenship or even someone murdering the baby for it, etc.).

So they can still have their citizenship once they are of age and the taxpayers do not have to be ripped off for years and years supporting them and their mother.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:19 PM

96 posts, read 205,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The other thing that has kept up the population is the birth rate exceeds the death rate, and over 50% newborns are Hispanic, which is the largest demographic group in California. The next biggest foreign in migration group is Asians, which have a higher birth rate than whites. .
I don't know about birth rates, but Asian Americans have significantly higher incomes than any other race, so I would think that's a GOOD thing ;-)

List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 PM

462 posts, read 742,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somersetguy View Post
I don't know about birth rates, but Asian Americans have significantly higher incomes than any other race, so I would think that's a GOOD thing ;-)

List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And look where the immigrants from latin america rank, almost damn near at the very bottom.

128.Hispanic and Latino Americans : $41,534[2]
129.Guatemalan American : $41,372[2]
130.Dutch West Indian American : $41,029[3]
131.Subsaharan African American : $40,977[3]
132.Mexican American : $40,588[2]

Tell me again how importing poverty into the US helps us out?

Old 03-18-2014, 10:40 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,250,326 times
the more people who leave here the better.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM

462 posts, read 742,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
the more people who leave here the better.

It depends on WHO is leaving. If its middle class taxpayers (which has been the case for 30 years), than no CA will continue to spiral into a 3rd world dump. On the otherhand if its the illegals who leech off taxpayers who leave, than i say all the better.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:20 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,434,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
It depends on WHO is leaving. If its middle class taxpayers (which has been the case for 30 years), than no CA will continue to spiral into a 3rd world dump. On the otherhand if its the illegals who leech off taxpayers who leave, than i say all the better.
Translation: I don't like brown people.

No matter how much Rush, yourself, and the other right-wingers repeat the mantra that high-earners are leaving CA en masse, it's actually low-come earners who leave at a much faster rate:

Jobs Aren't Leaving California For Texas, But People Are - Forbes

"Who leads the charge out of California? Even though California’s richer residents face high tax rates, lower-income households are more likely to leave. From 2005 to 2011, California lost 158 people with household incomes under $20,000 for every 100 who arrived, and 165 for every 100 people with household incomes between $20,000 and $40,000"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California