Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,917,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
The only issues I have with California is the very high cost of living and the stupid liberal politics, everything else isgood.
Land costs a lot but just about everything else is cheap. The main reason land costs so much is supply and demand and unlike flat boring states there is a limited about of flat land which can be easily developed and much of the state is mountainous. It's a basic supply and demand issue and has very little to do with politics no matter how much brain damaged righties want to pretend it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 04:57 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,571,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
The only issues I have with California is the very high cost of living and the stupid liberal politics, everything else isgood.
This coming from a citizen of a state whose Congressional representation is one-third Teabag.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,859,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
This coming from a citizen of a state whose Congressional representation is one-third Teabag.
Thus, they hate our "stupid liberal" state. I think we can let FL run along with their own silly brand of political buffoonery to their heart's content, way down in their far away swamp. Expect a Zimmerman for Governor campaign soon.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:08 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,333,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Thus, they hate our "stupid liberal" state. I think we can let FL run along with their own silly brand of political buffoonery to their heart's content, way down in their far away swamp. Expect a Zimmerman for Governor campaign soon.
Sounds good!

Casey Anthony, Floriduh's other sweetheart, can run for Lt. Governor!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:11 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,985,158 times
If they don't like us in the Bible Belt, we're doing something right...

Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,475,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
Is intelligence just ad hominem attacks against "wingers" and pulling the race card the second anyone doesn't like the idea of importing millions of impoverished illegals from Latin America in direct violation of our immigration laws?
Let's review, shall we?

I posted a link to up-to-date statistics showing that California's population is actually increasing now -- particularly in the Bay Area.

In response, someone else posted a long list of links purporting to prove that the "wrong kinds of people" are moving into California (i.e. Hispanics and Asians), even though the link I posted had nothing to do with race whatsoever. A population increase is a population increase, whether the people involved are white, brown, black, or green with purple polka dots.

Thus, I'm not the one who played the race card here -- the person who posted those race-based statistics is.

¿Comprende?

Old 01-02-2014, 06:16 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,008,378 times
Quote:
Florida and California are very much alike. California produced Ronald Reagan and Pete Wilson. But via immigration California underwent massive demographics changes and is now a solid blue state.

As for Republican Florida, Barack Obama won them twice. Florida is another immigrant magnet.

All this hatred is really about some people being upset that politicians can no longer cater to old white people for running for office in huge parts of the country.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,571,899 times
Quote:
"A Florida man was______________________ ,and then_______________ up his_____________only to_____________ by his_________________"

Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,008,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine88 View Post
They aren't working. They are draining the social system dry. So no they are not paying taxes. Mexican illegals are a massive burden. Remember we also spend billions warehousing them in prison in addition to all the social services provided by tax payers. Most people don't really realize the magnitude of the destruction these people have caused, are causing and will continue to cause. They are the very worst possible immigrants because they are uneducated, unskilled can't speak English and basically useless. I wish we could replace all the Mexican illegals with Orientals. Those people will educate themselves and start businesses here. Hell, most are probably better educated than Americans when they get here.
You should learn more about the educational system in Asia before talking about how educated Asians are. Basically, high school students are given tests. Only the top students can advance to university education. Those who don't make the testing grades have to do vocational school or just get whatever job.

The vast majority of immigrants WORK. As an illegal you cannot get on welfare. And most immigrants end up learning English, including most Hispanic immigrants.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 PM

4,626 posts, read 12,310,677 times
I just retired from the Carpenters union and worked in the bay area. I've worked with enough Mexican immigrants to say they are hard working people, and have earned my respect. I'm not sure where this perception comes from that they're lazy, but in my experience it's just not true.
This doesn't mean I approve of them being here illegally, but that's another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California