Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,133,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
9th largest economy in the world, yet failing in your estimation. We seem to be getting on OK.

And your facts are wrong in any case...

Can you explain why many states are moving to legalize marijuana and gay marriage for starters? Those kinda started off here didn't they? And there's a reason why ideas move from west to east in this country, despite your denial. Lots of new ideas originate here. And other states pick up the ideas and so it goes.

We do enjoy our state, thanks for asking.

And lastly people are also moving here in droves. We don't seem to be losing population, it's growing despite the constant news from afar of how bad it is here. Since it's a free country I'm not really bothered by the movement anywho.

I'm not even going to bother to comb regulations that other states do that we also do and other ideas that started here and went east. The list is endless.
Paying government employees with IOUs is succeeding?

Lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,722,324 times
Yeah. Cause them government employees got paid. Budget negotiations are a cast iron ***** in this state. Or were until the Demos have taken over. We will see how it goes this year.

That's all you got?

Your arguments get demolished and you show up with your little IOU? LoL.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Smelling smoke is harming you, I've shown that it leaves a genetic market in this very thread, citing available science with NewtoCA (the OP) requested.

You do have a right to be from smoke smell in your own home.

You will smoke outdoors and away from me. Please check the regs here in CA on smoking in bars, and other public places. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are about 10 days late and oh so many dollars short in this thread. My little post on the harm, etc.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/28509073-post135.html
Smelling smoke outside is as cancer causing as smelling a fart is E. Coli causing.

You need to be in an area that supports a specific ratio of smoke to air as is true for all smoke and every other airborne chemical.

And your link ain't working...

And liken in said earlier in the thread, I smoked all over Cali not to long ago. Nary a cop in sight. Why? Because there are important things to worry about. Smoking isn't one of them.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Cause them government employees got paid. Budget negotiations are a cast iron ***** in this state. Or were until the Demos have taken over. We will see how it goes this year.

That's all you got?

Your arguments get demolished and you show up with your little IOU? LoL.
That's all I need.

Every news source, left and right, acknowledges your state is failing. Economically, constitutionally, hell even your police are failing...

Denial is not a river in Egypt...

But you drink your kool aid. It is your right..

Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Smelling smoke outside is as cancer causing as smelling a fart is E. Coli causing.

You need to be in an area that supports a specific ratio of smoke to air as is true for all smoke and every other airborne chemical.

And your link ain't working...

And liken in said earlier in the thread, I smoked all over Cali not to long ago. Nary a cop in sight. Why? Because there are important things to worry about. Smoking isn't one of them.
The link works. It's post 135 anyway.

We're arguing about smoking inside in this thread. So glad you agree you will smoke outside...

Here, I will quote myself just for you:

Quote:
Well, I was still curious so I looked this up.

Assessment of Exposure to Secondhand Smoke - The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke - NCBI Bookshelf

It discusses common hvac, which seemed obvious to me as a point of possible exposure in apartment buildings. I'm not a doctor or scientist, but this data concerns me:

Assessment of Exposure to Secondhand Smoke - The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke - NCBI Bookshelf

If a person is left with a biomarker, that may be enough to establish the proximate cause of a disease caused by exposure to second hand smoke, whether in full or in part due to a particular exposure. That's ignoring the regular olfactory unpleasantness of exposure to smoke. Better for smokers just to smoke outside probably.

I also wondered about potential construction defects as normally I wouldn't expect smoke from a smoker to seep through a floor or wall built to code. Can't find any data on that, but this comment pops up, while discussing potential civil remedies.:

http://www.tcsg.org/sfelp/apt_condofact.htm

CA case law from the same article:

All taken together this is enough to convince me that a reasonable person should take a reasonable standard of care and smoke outside away from other individuals in an apartment rental setting. If only to prevent yourself from being sued, which we all know can happen.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
That's all I need.

Every news source, left and right, acknowledges your state is failing. Economically, constitutionally, hell even your police are failing...

Denial is not a river in Egypt...

But you drink your kool aid. It is your right..
LoL. Keep rowing upstream sunshine.

We're doing ok. BTW if we go under, think you will survive? You will be up **** creek without your paddle as well.

You haven't even presented a valid argument. Your "failing" argument is happily countered by the fact that we're here and alive and well.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
The link works. It's post 135 anyway.

We're arguing about smoking inside in this thread. So glad you agree you will smoke outside...
I know the argument. I don't smoke inside at all.

I don't know that many smokers that do actually.

It is irrelevant though. It is beyond then scope of a state. Private property is private property.

If all that many people actually want smoke free living then the apartments will do so.

How many apartments and condos actually allow smoking inside anymore anyways?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
LoL. Keep rowing upstream sunshine.

We're doing ok. BTW if we go under, think you will survive? You will be up **** creek without your paddle as well.

You haven't even presented a valid argument. Your "failing" argument is happily countered by the fact that we're here and alive and well.
Umm, you think Cali will take everyone down? Lol...

I've presented my arguments early on in the thread and they hardly failed.

But feel free to keep trying...

Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM

You are wrong.

Flat wrong.

Sorry...

You don't have the right to harm anyone even if you are on private property, beyond self-defense when in danger of imminent harm. WTF kind of argument is that anyway? Anyone can harm anyone on private property? What a silly idea.

Is you is a strict constitutionalist?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Umm, you think Cali will take everyone down? Lol...

I've presented my arguments early on in the thread and they hardly failed.

But feel free to keep trying...
Only if our economy failed. Kinda like a domino effect.

You all might find yourselves might hungry also as we produce 25% of the food in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California