Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 09:18 PM

87 posts, read 142,419 times

Advertisements

"Poster reps a 11702 zip code. South side of Long Island"

you're a coward. and that idiom you're using is ridiculous. and the zip is incorrect and the posted location is false.

so much for your cowardly attempt at doxing me. btw, only weaklings do such a chicken shiii thing. but I'll tell ya what: meet up with me at the east saint louis metro stop some night. or, better yet, meet up with me at the j train broadway junction stop in east new york, brooklyn. at 2:00 some saturday evening. then we can, ummm, "discuss" this topic. face to face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 11:59 PM

1,062 posts, read 701,640 times
You gon' be here for a while? I'm gon' go call my crew, you go call your crew
We can rendezvous at the bar around two .

Last edited by MrDee12345; 05-05-2023 at 12:10 AM..

Old 05-05-2023, 07:23 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrainride View Post
"Poster reps a 11702 zip code. South side of Long Island"

you're a coward. and that idiom you're using is ridiculous. and the zip is incorrect and the posted location is false.

so much for your cowardly attempt at doxing me. btw, only weaklings do such a chicken shiii thing. but I'll tell ya what: meet up with me at the east saint louis metro stop some night. or, better yet, meet up with me at the j train broadway junction stop in east new york, brooklyn. at 2:00 some saturday evening. then we can, ummm, "discuss" this topic. face to face.
Face to face? with a real life internet tough guy?

Oh boy am I scared. I'm just shaking in my boots at home. Petrified over here. Really, can't you tell?

East New York, East St Louis- so scary. I dont think id get out of there alive without big bad ntrain.

Old 05-05-2023, 07:55 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,341,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
People also seem to think Maine is alot closer to Boston than it really is, so maybe that's part of it. Lobster rolls and clam chowder are the big ones but especially Lobster.

Meh. You can be in Kittery in less than an hour. Maine is close. The Sagamore Bridge to the Cape and the bridge over the Piscataqua to Maine are both a bit less than 60 miles and I-95 is a 4 lane 80 mph road until you hit 128/Route 1.

Clams for clam chowder are sea clams. Blount, which is the factory in Fall River that makes most of the bag restaurant clam chowder, uses sea clams harvested on Georges Bank. For example, Legal Seafood chowder is made in the Blount factory.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
You live in Atlanta.
This is an immature comment. Makes it seem as though you don't understand the issue. Dont match his ignorance with more ignorance.

This is exactly what people mean when they say Bostonians think racism is only a southern problem.

Atlanta is not a racist city. I have family in Atlanta, I was just in Atlanta I ad an 8-hour layover before New Orleans and I went out with my cousins there for some nightlife. Its a great place for black people.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:22 AM

12,194 posts, read 8,088,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
This is an immature comment. Makes it seem as though you don't understand the issue. Dont match his ignorance with more ignorance.

This is exactly what people mean when they say Bostonians think racism is only a southern problem.

Atlanta is not a racist city. I have family in Atlanta, I was just in Atlanta I ad an 8-hour layover before New Orleans and I went out with my cousins there for some nightlife. Its a great place for black people.
it was more or less a joke.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:38 AM

2,386 posts, read 1,869,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Meh. You can be in Kittery in less than an hour. Maine is close. The Sagamore Bridge to the Cape and the bridge over the Piscataqua to Maine are both a bit less than 60 miles and I-95 is a 4 lane 80 mph road until you hit 128/Route 1.

Clams for clam chowder are sea clams. Blount, which is the factory in Fall River that makes most of the bag restaurant clam chowder, uses sea clams harvested on Georges Bank. For example, Legal Seafood chowder is made in the Blount factory.
Yeah you have a point, Maine is still part of the regional identity. Boston is a clear shot to Maine and like you said it's very quick to get to the border from Boston. The commercial fishing parts of Maine are more like 3-4 hour drive from Boston but it's still a straight shot with no major cities closer to them than Boston

When I lived north of the city people would go to maine pretty often. A lot of people had camps and summer house in Maine. Saco was really popular. I've been to maine a bunch of times but never just for getting seafood. Living in the city of Boston itself Maine felt less of a destination for locals than it was when living in NE MA and SENH. I guess it's reversed for the Cape.Cape seems to draw a lot from Boston and especially immediate suburbs. Merrimack valley people go to the cape sometimes but les than Maine for sure. I think core Boston goes to cape more than Maine

Old 05-05-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
Yeah you have a point, Maine is still part of the regional identity. Boston is a clear shot to Maine and like you said it's very quick to get to the border from Boston. The commercial fishing parts of Maine are more like 3-4 hour drive from Boston but it's still a straight shot with no major cities closer to them than Boston

When I lived north of the city people would go to maine pretty often. A lot of people had camps and summer house in Maine. Saco was really popular. I've been to maine a bunch of times but never just for getting seafood. Living in the city of Boston itself Maine felt less of a destination for locals than it was when living in NE MA and SENH. I guess it's reversed for the Cape.Cape seems to draw a lot from Boston and especially immediate suburbs. Merrimack valley people go to the cape sometimes but les than Maine for sure. I think core Boston goes to cape more than Maine
Maine is not part of Boston's regional identity. New Hampshire? yes- absolutely Rhode Island?- yes absolutely. - Maine? No. I've never heard anyone from Boston... of any demographic, reference to Maine except on C-D. And that's from people who are not local to Boston.

And furthermore, when people talk about racism in Boston they're not talking about Maine..People outside of NE don't even remember it is a state.

It is not just "a lot less of a destination" for Boston locals- it's a foreign land completely. The only reason I've ever heard about Maine is if someone is going there to get an illegal firearm or sell fentanyl.

Cape Cod isn't a part of Boston's identity -especially not to black people (especially considering they like Martha's Vineyard and don't associate it with Boston at all)- but it's definitely not as foreign to locals as Maine is. If Maine was a part of Boston's identity they'd manage to find their way into the 8.5 million person, 13,000 square mile CSA. What people do in the Merrimack Valley and Maine really isn't relevant to this conversation.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 05-05-2023 at 11:19 AM..

Old 05-05-2023, 10:58 AM

4,644 posts, read 4,922,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Meh. You can be in Kittery in less than an hour. Maine is close.
Rockingham county, NH is in the Boston MSA (Rockingham county is all of seacoast NH, Kittery, ME is just across the Piscataqua river from Portsmouth, NH).
You can technically be in metro Boston and be 550 feet from Maine
Portland is in the CSA! That surprises me, I usually only look at the insanity of SW Boston CSA But it is a FIVE state CSA, only VT missing out.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Rockingham county, NH is in the Boston MSA (Rockingham county is all of seacoast NH, Kittery, ME is just across the Piscataqua river from Portsmouth, NH).
You can technically be in metro Boston and be 550 feet from Maine
Portland is in the CSA! That surprises me, I usually only look at the insanity of SW Boston CSA But it is a FIVE state CSA, only VT missing out.
Portland is not in the CSA..Portland has its own CSA

This is like saying Hartford is in the CSA (Hartford btw is closer to Boston than Portland and faster to drive too)

https://censusreporter.org/profiles/...-ri-nh-ct-csa/

It's a four-state CSA. Not 5.

The Cape is in the CSA though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston