Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,832,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's too early to tell (I, on the other hand, resisted plenty!)

Incidentally, does anyone else find it peculiar that with a Met seven-game winning streak putting them in first place, all those Phillie fans haven't posted anything today? Or perhaps I should say, all those alleged Phillie fans--since that town has a reputation for something slightly less than genuine loyalty to their teams.
"less than loyalty??" Are you kidding me? NY can one of the most frontrunning sports cities....how many people alternate between the Mets/Yankees and Jets/Giants depending on who's winning? I've been a Phils fan since I was a little kid, and suffered through a lot of crappy years...when Steve Jeltz was manning SS and hitting below the mendoza line, when Scott Rolen and Curt Schilling were screaming to get out because there was no chance of winning.....front-runner my arse.

So the Mets have been enjoying some success lately....congratulations. If championships were decided in the spring, the Mets would be the undisputed champs.

And honestly, I think both Mets and Phils fans aren't taking the Braves and Marlins seriously. Wouldn't it be a kick in the arse if we were both looking up in the standings at those two teams? I think this division is going to be tight all year, except for the Nats of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,621,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
And honestly, I think both Mets and Phils fans aren't taking the Braves and Marlins seriously. Wouldn't it be a kick in the arse if we were both looking up in the standings at those two teams? I think this division is going to be tight all year, except for the Nats of course.
I think we should be taking the Marlins more seriously than the Braves. There just seems to be something missing in Atlanta. (Ah, yes, the Nationals. They still have to get the remaining Expo blood out of their systems, then they can join in the festivities!)

Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 PM

223 posts, read 829,693 times
Phillies 1st team to loose 10,000 games in all the major sports: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB!!!

Even if the phillies won the world series last year this dosen't change the history of how the phillies suck!!

Its about time philly won something!!

i hate the phillies with a passion!!!!

GO METS!!!!

The same drunk retart phillies fan talking all that sh** in philly ain't got nothing to say at Citi Field in Queens at a Mets game now that same drunk acts like a perfect angel. Mets fans come into philly talking sh** in philly. We bring the New York attitude right to your little country hick city. New York fans are known for coming to another city and talking alot of smack like we are right in Queens. Philly fans are fake one day go phillies the next day i hate the phillies.

Come to Citi field you corny phillies fans, and you will leave a METS fan!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:00 AM

223 posts, read 829,693 times
Default You have know idea about New York sports!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
"less than loyalty??" Are you kidding me? NY can one of the most frontrunning sports cities....how many people alternate between the Mets/Yankees and Jets/Giants depending on who's winning? .

You have no idea of what your talking about. If your a Mets fan you hate the Yankess, If your a Yankees fan you hate the Mets. If your a Giants fan you hate the Jets, and if your a Jets fan you hate the Giants. Same thing for the Knicks or Nets (the Nets are still a New York area team) Vice Versa etc...

philly is the biggest frontrunning city is the history of America. One minute Go Eagles, Phillies, Sixers. When they loose sixers, eagles, phillies all suck. You philly fans always turn your back on your team and your sports heros. Philly is known around the country for doing this and booing their own players.

New York is the only city ( maybe Chicago and a few others ) where you like a team and hate a team in the same sport all in one city because we have 2 or more teams to all the major sports. All philly has is one team to every major sport, Plus we have tripple the population of philly in the NYC area and have alot more fans. I am a Mets fan, I don't like the Yankees but Yankees fans are all over the country. Philly sports are not big around the U.S. its mostly fans that are born and raised in the philly area. Yankee, Cowboys, Lakers fans are all over the country not just mostly in their own area.

Oh yeah, rocky is fake not even a real boxer, only philly with no kind of sports history would have a statue of a fake boxer in their city!

I hate the phillies GO METS!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,041,687 times
Wow...some one sounds a little bitter.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,080,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Phillies 1st team to loose 10,000 games in all the major sports: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB!!! Even if the phillies won the world series last year this dosen't change the history of how the phillies suck!! Its about time philly won something!! i hate the phillies with a passion!!!! GO METS!!!! The same drunk retart phillies fan talking all that sh** in philly ain't got nothing to say at Citi Field in Queens at a Mets game now that same drunk acts like a perfect angel. Mets fans come into philly talking sh** in philly. We bring the New York attitude right to your little country hick city. New York fans are known for coming to another city and talking alot of smack like we are right in Queens. Philly fans are fake one day go phillies the next day i hate the phillies. Come to Citi field you corny phillies fans, and you will leave a METS fan!!!!
Keep in mind it's the Mets that still hold the single season record for loses, it's the Mets that drove Richie Ashburn into retirement and it's the Mets that traded Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi. For any of their fans to talk down about another franchise's wrongdoings is a textbook example of hypocrisy. And yes I went to a game at Citi this year with Phillies stuff on and left a Phillies fan.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:52 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,080,795 times
[quote=lugger;10777935]You have no idea of what your talking about. If your a Mets fan you hate the Yankess, If your a Yankees fan you hate the Mets. If your a Giants fan you hate the Jets, and if your a Jets fan you hate the Giants. Same thing for the Knicks or Nets (the Nets are still a New York area team) Vice Versa etc... philly is the biggest frontrunning city is the history of America. One minute Go Eagles, Phillies, Sixers. When they loose sixers, eagles, phillies all suck. You philly fans always turn your back on your team and your sports heros. Philly is known around the country for doing this and booing their own players. New York is the only city ( maybe Chicago and a few others ) where you like a team and hate a team in the same sport all in one city because we have 2 or more teams to all the major sports. All philly has is one team to every major sport, Plus we have tripple the population of philly in the NYC area and have alot more fans. I am a Mets fan, I don't like the Yankees but Yankees The Eagles have sold out every home game for eons and the team hasn't won a title since Dwight Eisenhower was president. The Yankees get off to a bad start and can't even fill half the seats at their brand new stadium. The Mets fall below .500 and same story. And I live in metro NY and I can tell you first hand Mets fans have disappeared and Yankee fans have come out of the woodworks.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,244,838 times
Quote:
You have no idea of what your talking about. If your a Mets fan you hate the Yankess, If your a Yankees fan you hate the Mets. If your a Giants fan you hate the Jets, and if your a Jets fan you hate the Giants. Same thing for the Knicks or Nets (the Nets are still a New York area team) Vice Versa etc...
Here I thought based on what I've heard that Yankees fans pretty much just ignore the Mets.

Regardless whether or not I'm right or not, I do have to wonder about New York area school systems.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,244,838 times
Quote:
The same drunk retart phillies fan talking all that sh** in philly ain't got nothing to say at Citi Field in Queens at a Mets game now that same drunk acts like a perfect angel. Mets fans come into philly talking sh** in philly. We bring the New York attitude right to your little country hick city. New York fans are known for coming to another city and talking alot of smack like we are right in Queens. Philly fans are fake one day go phillies the next day i hate the phillies.

Come to Citi field you corny phillies fans, and you will leave a METS fan!!!!
Hmm, when I was at Citi Field earlier this year I heard a lot of cheers for and saw a lot of fans of a team wearing red and gray with a "P" on their hats. I also didn't hear a whole lot from Mets fans after the Mets hit into an unassisted triple play to end the game (yes, I was at that game).

I will say there were fewer fights between Phillies and Mets fans at Citi Field than there were at Shea Stadium in 2007 when I was there for a Phils/Mets game. (Not that it matters, but I've also been to a few Mets games in Queens when the Phillies weren't the opponent and at most of those games, I wore a Phillies hat.)

Old 09-16-2009, 09:37 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,528 times
Quote:
If your a Giants fan you hate the Jets, and if your a Jets fan you hate the Giants.
Wrong.

I go to every Giants home game. I pretty much know everyone in my section if they go to more than two games each season. If there's some kind of Giants-Jets bitter rivaly, it doesn't exist among any of us. We're not Jets fans because we're Giants fans, but we have no ill will towards the Jets or their fans. I know plenty of Jets fans who feel the same way about the Giants. There is no real rivalry to speak of as they play a real game against each other once every four years. When they do play, we want our respective teams to win because it's one of 16 very important games, but it's nothing personal. As for the rest of your post, I see plenty of Phillies fans at Citi Field (and saw many at Shea too), and they're not in hiding when they show up. After dozens and dozens of games I have not yet seen anyone enter as a Phillies fan and leave as a Mets fan, probably because in the history of baseball it has never happened.

And you started your post by telling someone else that they don't know what they're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball