Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:17 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times

Advertisements

Please please please..do not attendany of this teams games at Citi Field until these crooks are done and bought out...PleaSe do not patronize this franchise until the Wilpons are removed as owners of our beloved team...

I dont care how they are removed, by Bud, someone buys them out, indictment i dont care...

This is the only way we will have any chance in the future. the wilpons are the one constant thru the collapses of 2006, 2007 and 2008, their poor prospects who are always overhyped, ( Fernando Martinez, Butch Huskey, Lastings Milledge, eddie kunz, alex ochoa, jay payton, scott kazmir) poor free agent signings ( Mo Vaughn, Bobby Bonilla, K-Rod, steve traschel, luis castillo) and watchign this team with horrible fundamentals, ( always get caught stealing, horrible base running basics)

the only way to see this franschise perform at a winning standard is to dump these owners...they are losers...and the only way mlb will get rid of them is when there are less then 5,000 in stands and it is costing MLB $$$$

please please heed my request......it is the only way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 04:20 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I assume you're aware of how successful calls for boycotts are. And besides, I think the Wilpons had awakened and changed their attitudes. They dumped Omar Minaya and signed Sandy Alderson--which was certainly the best move they've made yet. I don't doubt that they lost outrageous amounts of money in the Madoff scheme, but then you can't fault them for that; they weren't the only ones taken in.

That said, as a lifelong Met fan (son of a lifelong Brooklyn Dodger fan), watching the team flounder helplessly as it's doing now does not allow me to enjoy baseball--which I look forward to doing all winter long.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:14 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times
Default mets

See Fred it is fans liek yourself is why the mets are int he state that they are in. U accept losing. This franchise is a disaster a,nd has been in the last 20 yrs...underacheivers, overrated farm system ( overrated by the very Wilpons that own the team) press conferences for new players that they hype up to be ted williaqms ( remember the press conference for Shinjo ..you'd think they signed Rod Carew in his prime as a free agent)

So fred..keep throwing your money away.....and thanks for allwoing our beloved team to be losers and fauilures on the field. I guess now all is forgiven with their current 2 game winning streak...now they will make a run for the division title...right fred?

As Derrick Coleman said, "Whopp dee damn doo "

Old 04-23-2011, 12:44 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
Mets ownership relied on people they employed to make the right decisions and their financial difficulties did not help, hopefully, they will make the adjustments,, we can't fit those CEO shoes, however, baseball needs to be boycotted in its entirety as the real problem is salary cap!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
baseball needs to be boycotted in its entirety as the real problem is salary cap!
If you think that the problem is that the players make to high of a proportion of the the money in comparison to the owners, then a salary cap will fix that.

I don't see why anyone would see that as 'the real problem' though.

And the Mets signing Sandy Alderson was absolutely a move in the right direction.

Besides keeping Emaus for 16 games this season then letting him go, most of the Mets' moves under Alderson and DePodesta have been exactly what the Mets need to do.

Dumped Perez and Castillo.

Signed high upside guys like Young, Capuano and Isringhausen to low money deals.

The Mets ship is going to take a few years to turn around, but the rudder appears to be pointing the right direction.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
See Fred it is fans liek yourself is why the mets are int he state that they are in. U accept losing. This franchise is a disaster a,nd has been in the last 20 yrs...underacheivers, overrated farm system ( overrated by the very Wilpons that own the team) press conferences for new players that they hype up to be ted williaqms ( remember the press conference for Shinjo ..you'd think they signed Rod Carew in his prime as a free agent)

So fred..keep throwing your money away.....and thanks for allwoing our beloved team to be losers and fauilures on the field. I guess now all is forgiven with their current 2 game winning streak...now they will make a run for the division title...right fred?

As Derrick Coleman said, "Whopp dee damn doo "
Do you remember the Yankees? My Yankees sucked from the early 80's to about the mid 90's then finally we struck gold. A good mix of homegrown players and free agents. They learned from their mistakes and now they are successful. With a good GM it really can turn things around. Sometimes it unfortunately takes longer than we want, but Fred definitely isn't the problem.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,135 times
I went to the game on Friday night. They won =)

Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Sometimes it unfortunately takes longer than we want, but Fred definitely isn't the problem.
Thank you, Lance. It makes me feel better to know that I'm less of a problem than a person who proposes something completely unrealistic like a full boycott of a baseball team.

It's always amazing to me how many people don't realize the word "fan" derives from "fanatic." So nobody should expect rational behavior from a true fan. We're different from bandwagon-jumpers because we stay with our team no matter what!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Thank you, Lance. It makes me feel better to know that I'm less of a problem than a person who proposes something completely unrealistic like a full boycott of a baseball team.

It's always amazing to me how many people don't realize the word "fan" derives from "fanatic." So nobody should expect rational behavior from a true fan. We're different from bandwagon-jumpers because we stay with our team no matter what!
Totally agree!!! My sports teams are at opposite extremes. I've been lucky in the last 10-15 years with my Steelers and Yankees but have been hurting for a long time with my GS Warriors and NY Islanders so I can understand how it feels hanging in there.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
the wilpons are the one constant thru the collapses of 2006, 2007 and 2008
And as far as that goes, my memory could be playing tricks on me, but I think it was the Mets who didn't turn in full seasons in those years who were responsible for what happened on the field. Not the owners.

I'll agree with you about the kinds of players who've been brought in--but you may recall that Omar Minaya was given a free hand in that regard. So his replacement with Sandy Alderson should make a big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball