Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times

Advertisements

It is time to get this team back to playing hard nosed baseball.

In order for that to happen the following actions must take place:

1) Omar Minaya - GONE!
2) Trade Wright Delgado and Beltran for real starting pitchers and young, hungry, hard nosed position players.
---the current roster is filled with players who think they are better then they are. They carry themselves, with their stupid little dances and handshakes, like they have won 3 straight WS. Meanwhile they are a JOKE!
3) Hire Bobby Valentine to manage NOW!!!!!!!!!
4) Get rid of Oliver Perez and Louis Castillo Just put them on a LIRR train to Montauk and get them out.

Please Add or edit as necessary.
Thank you for letting this angry irate Met fan vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 04:09 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,211,531 times
LOL what a terrible post. You're not only completely off base, but delusional in thinking that the Mets would trade their franchise player in David Wright and that Minaya is going anywhere. Thankfully, Minaya is there to stay.

It's nice watching you guys panic.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:18 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
I think of Omar Minaya as a bit of a horse trader. He's pulled off some unbelievable deals, to the extent where I'm always amazed that any other GM would even take a call from him. However, his insistence on keeping a cancer like Tony Bernazard around isn't at all helpful. And his loyalty to certain players--who are, shall we say, not necessarily of championship caliber--does tend to mystify me. (Oliver Perez, for instance, who can be as difficult to hit as Sid Fernandez was, has the rather debilitating problem of being incapable of pitching beyond the fifth inning. Therefore, I question the offer of a $36-million contract to him).

All in all, however, the facts are the facts: Minaya turned a pathetic franchise into a contender. And for this he deserves his office. I say this as a Met fan who remembers the team even before the Miracle of '69.

As to the OP's suggestion that someone like David Wright be traded away, I can only wonder: what was in his coffee this morning?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
Minaya is a dreamer. He likes getting guys that are past thier prime and trying to squeeze a little more out of them. Delgado and Pedro are two examples and so is Billy Wagner.

David Wright is a GOOD player, not GREAT but the kid plays hard. As far as pitching goes.... This is NEW YORK people, they forgot about good pitching in that whole city a LONG time ago. Ask the Yankee fans. LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think of Omar Minaya as a bit of a horse trader. He's pulled off some unbelievable deals, to the extent where I'm always amazed that any other GM would even take a call from him. However, his insistence on keeping a cancer like Tony Bernazard around isn't at all helpful. And his loyalty to certain players--who are, shall we say, not necessarily of championship caliber--does tend to mystify me. (Oliver Perez, for instance, who can be as difficult to hit as Sid Fernandez was, has the rather debilitating problem of being incapable of pitching beyond the fifth inning. Therefore, I question the offer of a $36-million contract to him).

All in all, however, the facts are the facts: Minaya turned a pathetic franchise into a contender. And for this he deserves his office. I say this as a Met fan who remembers the team even before the Miracle of '69.

As to the OP's suggestion that someone like David Wright be traded away, I can only wonder: what was in his coffee this morning?
So you would not trade David Wright for Roy Holliday if the Jays fell out of the race? If that was offered to you as a gm and you did not take it you would be fired.

David Wright is a soft hitter. He has not produced as someone with his ability at the plate should when the money is on the table.

Stop delluding yourselves because Wright is a good guy, he has not delivered for this team.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Minaya is a dreamer. He likes getting guys that are past thier prime and trying to squeeze a little more out of them. Delgado and Pedro are two examples and so is Billy Wagner.

David Wright is a GOOD player, not GREAT but the kid plays hard. As far as pitching goes.... This is NEW YORK people, they forgot about good pitching in that whole city a LONG time ago. Ask the Yankee fans. LOL
YES- see my post. I would trade David Wright for Roy Holliday in a second.
Anyone who would not is not paying attention.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
LOL what a terrible post. You're not only completely off base, but delusional in thinking that the Mets would trade their franchise player in David Wright and that Minaya is going anywhere. Thankfully, Minaya is there to stay.

It's nice watching you guys panic.
I love Philly fans, they always try to think before they speak.

If you would not trade David wright for an Ace you are a typical Philly fan.
You have no clue about Minaya. He is a bumbling idiot.. "You know what I mean"

Old 04-28-2009, 08:35 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
hey Mets aren't doing as bad as their NEW FARM TEAM. The Buffalo Bisons have just set a new team record of worse starts. 2 Wins 15 losses

Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,211,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I love Philly fans, they always try to think before they speak.

If you would not trade David wright for an Ace you are a typical Philly fan.
You have no clue about Minaya. He is a bumbling idiot.. "You know what I mean"
I know Minaya is an idiot; that's the point. He's not going anywhere, because the Wilpons, too, are idiots.

Quote:
YES- see my post. I would trade David Wright for Roy Holliday in a second.
Anyone who would not is not paying attention.
You're not paying attention. That would be a bad trade for the Mets.

Quote:
So you would not trade David Wright for Roy Holliday if the Jays fell out of the race? If that was offered to you as a gm and you did not take it you would be fired.
You would be fired for taking it. Wright is signed through 2012 with a 2013 club option. Halladay is signed through 2010.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
I know Minaya is an idiot; that's the point. He's not going anywhere, because the Wilpons, too, are idiots.

You're not paying attention. That would be a bad trade for the Mets.

You would be fired for taking it. Wright is signed through 2012 with a 2013 club option. Halladay is signed through 2010.
-Wilpons are idiots.
- A Starting rotation anchored by Johan and Holliday would be invaluable.
I know it sounds crazy at first to trade Wright but honestly he has not delievered. He is a soft player like most of this roster. And you could get a Sh*tload for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball