Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,883 times

Advertisements

Its because people love to leave chicago in the dust when they get a good enough opportunity(us census statistics support this). The only problem is chicagoans are generally obnoxious (even their accents sound obxnoxious) and so they bring their unessisarily annoying tendancies with them. These often include: Racism, bad driving, and being a cubs fan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM

160 posts, read 518,160 times
Cubs gotta curse. Shouldn't have kicked that goat out.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,525 times
Did ya notice, moderators? I started off this thread with peace in my heart, then the buzzsaw! Who would have thought Chicago/St. Louis? Is it possible?

Old 08-31-2007, 12:15 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
More than the Yankkes? Doubt that. We've got more Yankees fans in LA than Dodgers fans. 26 World Series gave us some serious bandwagon fans. Just wish we could be a little more consistent. Love the Yanks but they are frustrating.
Futcha, did you ever realize there are more Spank-me fans because Los Angeles contains multiple hundreds of thousands of expatriate New Yoikahs? That's right, my point on diversity re-illustrated yet again. Sadly, my Cop-colored friend, it isn't true..L. A. bleeds Dodger blue! Hey, that rhymes!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
Its because people love to leave chicago in the dust when they get a good enough opportunity(us census statistics support this). The only problem is chicagoans are generally obnoxious (even their accents sound obxnoxious) and so they bring their unessisarily annoying tendancies with them. These often include: Racism, bad driving, and being a cubs fan
Survey says: skatealoneskatetogether needs more grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization homework. The only thing obnoxious is listening to your rants.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
I am a Cubs fan, even though I live in louisville. But I've spent more than 30 years in Chicago. The city will always be the place I consider as home. And I will always be a Cubs fan...if they win or lose.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I am a Cubs fan, even though I live in louisville. But I've spent more than 30 years in Chicago. The city will always be the place I consider as home. And I will always be a Cubs fan...if they win or lose.
Cheers!

Old 09-01-2007, 08:04 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
I was a Cubs fan growing up in South Carolina. Living in a state without a home team, I could always count on WGN for Cubs ball and TBS for Braves games. I think a lot of people away from major markets still get these two networks, which means these two teams.

And remember, Skate. The population of Chicagoland isn't really drooping. It's strong. For every Chicagoan who relocates, someone from out of the area moves in like I did years ago.

Go Cubbies.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:55 PM

181 posts, read 1,076,832 times
I'm not a cubs fan. When I went to the game last week, there was about 10,000 of them that I saw when they came here to play the Diamondbacks.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:45 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,631,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
Living in Chicago, I am constantly hearing on our sports radio that the Chicago Cubs have gobs of fans all over the United States. Is this true? If you live outside of Northern Illinois or Iowa and love the Cubs, respond.
I would love to see the Cubs play the Mets for the NL championship. Lou Pinella would give Willie the fits before it was all said and done. Unfortunately I don't think the Cubs will make the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball