Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,672,167 times

Advertisements

Duramax is made by Isuzu. Isuzu donated nothing for 911...get rid of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 AM

21 posts, read 49,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Duramax is made by Isuzu. Isuzu donated nothing for 911...get rid of it.
HA!!! u just said isuzu donated something then!!! or i mean GM!!!

wait does isuzu sell duramax?? or does GM ??? very interesting

lol and who else didnt donate something for 9/11 because we should get rid of them too!!!!!!

grab your pitch forks ARGGGGGGGG 9/11 ........ where is carol Shelby he will lead the way
its ok we can just use it as a write off in the end of the year anyway.... arrr LOL

Last edited by dunlop; 02-02-2009 at 01:37 AM..

Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop View Post
ouch.. i have that same trailer ... it kicks ass!!! can u flip up the back of the trailer?? the part that is ontop of the loading ramps?
No,it's a dove tail with spring loaded ramps,but I've grossed a bit over 36,000 pounds with it with B plates I might add ...I forgot to mention that I ran that $75 worth of fuel through it when gas was $4 per gal.

It actually doesn't do as bad as some I've had and it helps out that it has a 5spd manual in it.(that 5 spd makes the duals sound awesome between shifts too.I'm so redneck)

Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
I'm not a hater. I just prefer imports. Why you might ask? It's just my choice.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 AM

340 posts, read 1,445,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Something for you to consider if you think American cars are not just as good as over rated toyodas and hondas;

I Think it's Interesting!
For the record...

Ford, Chrysler and GM's contributions after 9/11
An interesting commentary...You might find this of
interest:

'CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford
and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in
New York and Washington .

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $10 million to American Red Cross matching
employee contributions of the same number plus 10
Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered
ER response team services and office space to displaced
government employees.

2. GM- $10 million to American Red Cross matching
employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of
vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the
children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new
motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employees and management created a Sept
11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of
the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best
sales month ever in August 2001

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing..

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences
via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in
July and August 2001. Condolences posted on the website

Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease
a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more
consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned
and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai
and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed
nothing at all to the citizens of the United States ...

It's OK for these companies to take money out of
this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to
return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget
things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their
attention..

BUY YOUR NEXT VEHICLE FROM GM, FORD OR CHRYSLER.
Why would you buy something from these companies who continue to lay people off from their jobs; yet give hugh bonuses to their greedy CEOs and can't even account for the money that WE gave them to BAIL them out of their own mess.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I'm not a hater. I just prefer imports. Why you might ask? It's just my choice.
That's cool. That's the way it should be. No need to bad mouth American nameplates. Same for me. I prefer Fords, and have no need to bad mouth Foreign car makers. Why can't everyone be like us?

Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I tthink it comes fro the big 3 passing on lemons to the public that was thier faithful customers. People often act like a divorced couple especailly when like the other day they were showing commercial of GM top management saying the same thing in the 70's they are saying now about quality. Besides that now the governamnt has given them tax payers money because they never changed just talked change. It leaves a very bad taste i poples mpouths to be lied to so often.I juts got rid of My 98 F-150 and bouhgt a honda after mu wife has been honda and toyota since 93.While she has had zero repairs except for maintenance;I spent like 2000+ dollars on reparis from electric windows to fuel injection and brake system. Enough for me to decide.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:45 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That's cool. That's the way it should be. No need to bad mouth American nameplates. Same for me. I prefer Fords, and have no need to bad mouth Foreign car makers. Why can't everyone be like us?

I don't know but it would be a brighter world!

Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,749 times
I like cars PERIOD. Import, Domestic, home made I dont care as long as it's appealing to the eye and has functionality. Sports cars have a certain criteria than lux cars etc. I cant lump them all into one group. I love the Mitsubishi Evolutions, but I an not a fan of most of what Honda makes. I love the Mustang Cobras, but I dislike GM's.... it's an individual thing. All in all I just like cars so whoever makes a good one gets my vote.

The New Hyundai Genesis is a very good example. GREAT VALUE and its getting great reviews. The Coupe version is going to be a HUGE seller in the import tuner world.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM

21 posts, read 49,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I like cars PERIOD. Import, Domestic, home made I dont care as long as it's appealing to the eye and has functionality. Sports cars have a certain criteria than lux cars etc. I cant lump them all into one group. I love the Mitsubishi Evolutions, but I an not a fan of most of what Honda makes. I love the Mustang Cobras, but I dislike GM's.... it's an individual thing. All in all I just like cars so whoever makes a good one gets my vote.

The New Hyundai Genesis is a very good example. GREAT VALUE and its getting great reviews. The Coupe version is going to be a HUGE seller in the import tuner world.

you are right in all ways.... even though it sound like i hate american cars..i dont!!! i am a car enthusiast The only reason y u hear me complaining about american cars is because those are the only ones i had problems with!!!! i have owned ALOT of cars since the last 10 years. not junky sit in the yard.... but nice!!

i swear im addicted to buying cars!!! since "SPEEDADDICTED" had to say one word about the evo, i will share
i bought a 08 galant for my girlfriend this year, really really nice car
love how it handles, almost got a evo 10 but arg... girls and cars are one thing but a girl in a evo 10 umm NO
and also isnt the v6 MMMmmm ralliart yum

also 2 years ago i bought one of my dream cars, 94 mitsu 3000gt vr4
with the getrag 6... AWD AWS its the best car in the world. i LUV IT
has six gears and u leave 3rd at 100mph. car does so much stuff its just crazy. it gets 24mpg BUT its a SPORTS CAR!!! c-mon

i like evo 8's for some reason .... some day

also am not a Hyundai fan at all BUT.... that genesis is pretty impressive on paper.. 375hp is a big number in 4.6l

Last edited by dunlop; 02-02-2009 at 04:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive