Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:52 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,272,454 times

Advertisements

What is up with these people. If I had a dime every time Joe Blow was 6 feet behind the line at a stoplight I would be a rich man. He sits there for 5 minutes clueless as the light doesn't change and then a "light" must turn on in his brain and he will move forward.

What is up with these people? Brain dead? I would think after you had your car for a month at the least if not years you can tell when to stop at a stoplight and be near the line.

I'm not saying drive until your wheels are to it and your bumper is past it, but at least get close. Ill stop at the line (bumper will be at the line) and I could easily be 5 feet in front of the people beside me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,510,519 times
These people are delaying your trip by less than 3 seconds. Let it go.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,132,333 times
Far less annoying than the car that starts edging over the line and by the time the light changes he is halfway in the road.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:06 PM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,226,002 times
6 feet? We are complaining about 6 feet? Really?
Perhaps I am being too literal but really? 6 feet?

Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,493 times
Listen, that's not nearly as annoying as someone waiting to make a left turn at a green light, and they refuse to pull up into the middle of the intersection! They stay behind the line, thinking that's the protocol until the on-coming traffic is clear. We learned in Drivers' Ed (circa 1970) pull up into the intersection!

Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 PM

385 posts, read 615,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
He's talking about the drivers who stop so far from the line that the sensor for the traffic signal doesn't register there's a car present. So, that driver - and everyone behind him - waits for several cycles of the traffic signal until the first driver in line "gets it" and moves forward onto the sensor.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:36 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Listen, that's not nearly as annoying as someone waiting to make a left turn at a green light, and they refuse to pull up into the middle of the intersection! They stay behind the line, thinking that's the protocol until the on-coming traffic is clear. We learned in Drivers' Ed (circa 1970) pull up into the intersection!
Here in NC it may even be a law to not pull past the line, either to turn left or to cross an intersection straight, if one cannot immediately clear the intersection. The issue is that the light turns red, with cars in the intersection blocking cross traffic.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:37 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,272,454 times
Quote:

read what I wrote to the others. Its a lot more than 3 seconds when all it takes is to go to the line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
6 feet? We are complaining about 6 feet? Really?
Perhaps I am being too literal but really? 6 feet?

I'm talking about the stop lights that need a signal for the side your on to change to green. Their so far back on a 1 lane road going straight the light will just bypass you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
He's talking about the drivers who stop so far from the line that the sensor for the traffic signal doesn't register there's a car present. So, that driver - and everyone behind him - waits for several cycles of the traffic signal until the first driver in line "gets it" and moves forward onto the sensor.
Exactly. The person who is brain dead and it doesn't trigger the signal and were all behind him and have to wait until it goes around to us again. This can be several minutes. Will several minutes kill me no....but why don't you just pull up! Your literally wasting my time.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:13 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
Not many people know about those sensors. In fact, not many places have them. They are expensive.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
Agreed. THis is one of those things that does NOT bother me. Especially because I am a tall guy and have been in some small cars before where I couldn't see the light if I was at the line.

Let it go, man.

Yea, now if there's a sensor involved..... different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive