Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times

Advertisements

The CLS is based on the E-Class, not the CLK, but, and I know this is silly to ask, why would anyone who would buy an R500 mini-van-esque Mercedes opt for a garden variety CLK320? That's simply illogical. And, to order one? They were routinely stocked at the dealers with whom I'm acquainted. The only way to order is if you get a custom color as one can do in Europe. And, if you really want performance in an R, it's the R63.

The new E-Class convertible will not make anyone lust after a six-year-old 6-cylinder CLK320, at all, since the CLK is a pretty common sight in many areas. It's not exactly an SLR McLaren, an original 300 Gullwing, or an original 280SE convertible -- no matter the color combination ordered. The CLK320 is a decent, competent vehicle, but not a rare model.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 PM

8 posts, read 46,134 times
That clk class you wait and watch it will become very very rare. Also for everyone who says o i have money but i drive a horrible car.... you dont have money trust me on that one everyone who has money and needs to show it will drive a beautiful mercedes benz... trust me i know and a SL will kill a vette i have raced one at a street light.... i killed it all i have to say thanks try agian
http://www.the-car-club.co.uk/Images...es-SLK-600.jpg sexyyy

Also that clk 320 is almost never seen, i live in New York and i have not seen any within 150 miles of my house, lets face it that R500 is an exspensive, elegant car that only the fine people in life many have, call it as you please but in the end it is worth much more than ugly 3-5 class bmws 7 class around the same price.

Last edited by BENZ LOVER 2; 05-24-2010 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I'll take a BMW over a Benz any day. I've owned and driven BMW's and drove a couple of Benz, I liked the BMW better in every way...build quality and materials, design, handling, ride etc. Audi isn't bad, but it's an expensive VW, and for a lot less money you'll get a very similar car. I owned a VW Passat which I loved, but it was nowhere near as nice as the BMW's I've owned.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM

8 posts, read 46,134 times
Default okayyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'll take a BMW over a Benz any day. I've owned and driven BMW's and drove a couple of Benz, I liked the BMW better in every way...build quality and materials, design, handling, ride etc. Audi isn't bad, but it's an expensive VW, and for a lot less money you'll get a very similar car. I owned a VW Passat which I loved, but it was nowhere near as nice as the BMW's I've owned.

I have driven many bmw's and trust me they are messy, all over the road kinds of cars... they are 15-25% less than mercades benz and sell more of them for people who want a car and cant aford a E class usually buy a 5 class BMW. I was not going to lie i had wanted a nice 5 class BMW white on black and then i test drove one and it was tarrible... A BMW = a poor mans mercedes!!!! end of story

Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
I think I've had enough of you now, go back under the bridge troll.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,755 times
hahah i love this trashy budweiser guy he is my hero.... "I OWN A BMW YES I HAVE MADE IT IN MY LIFE!!!". I hope one day you will see that u dont deserve a nice car well u dont have one anyways but i deffinatly do deserve a sexy BENZ o wait i have 4 of them !

Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
CLKs are everywhere in NY -- around NYC, including Westchester, Fairfield, Long Island, NJ, and down through the Mid-Atlantic, much less Florida and California. Not a day goes by that I do not see several of them. Perhaps out in the countryside they're not as common, but in areas around major cities, they're as prevalent as a Honda.

They were produced in significant numbers, which is what affects value and rarity -- not how many reside within a given market. The CLK 63 is a bit more limited, but the 320/350/430/500 are just not especailly rare. Even the SLs are not that rare, depending upon series, as to the value on the collector market. The McLaren, in comparison, is extremely limited in production numbers, hence the value will be much higher in the long run.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-24-2010, 02:03 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZ LOVER 3 View Post
hahah i love this trashy budweiser guy he is my hero.... "I OWN A BMW YES I HAVE MADE IT IN MY LIFE!!!". I hope one day you will see that u dont deserve a nice car well u dont have one anyways but i deffinatly do deserve a sexy BENZ o wait i have 4 of them !
God you're like the plague, you keep coming back. For the record I don't even want a Mercedes or BMW, if I wanted one I could surely go out and purchase one! I drive an '07 GMC Yukon and it's just as good as any BMW/Mercedes.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,467 times
hahah you drive a rust bucket and nope i bet you deffiantly couldant and this person has no idea what they are talking about, clk's are never seen... they are one of the worlds 100th best cars and trust me benz hold their value unlike a nasty bmw and a sl is over 100000 so know your stuff because benz are not cheap in any way. but maybe if u didant drive a dirt cheep bmw and had possibly some money you would have a diffrent look on things like mwaaaa

The clk was 65,000 so please exsplain to me how sence " they made so many" wich they did not at all how that is it effects the price? F.Y.I they stopped making that car so it will be the next gullwing i have money on it

Last edited by BENZ LOVER 4; 05-24-2010 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: adding

Old 05-24-2010, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,467 times
I am done with this web site, i have had my fun and told everyone i am a very ritch car collecter and injoy mercedes benz, if you remeber me by one thing just remeber

A BMW IS A POOR MANS MERCEDES
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive