Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2024, 06:15 AM

9,953 posts, read 10,137,102 times

Advertisements

During the pre-race, NBC had a cool story about the new 23XI AirSpeed building, then interviewed both their drivers. My oldest daughter, was watching with me and I gave her the back story about both drivers, lingering a bit more on Wallace's story.

I thought out loud, how much longer is Denny or MJ going to put up with Bubba? And that was before this incident, which may cause him to totally have no chance of making the playoffs again. At this point, there is only one reason they are letting Bubba remain in his contract, because there are better drivers out there needing a ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2024, 06:17 AM

I thought the race was OK. Was good to see NASCAR let the crew chiefs decide on tires. Was almost a very exciting finish had Riddick not hit the wall on the last few turns going to the checkers. Riddick was on slicks and quickly catching the 48 who was on rain tires.

The Xfinity race was much better...plus the beautiful views on the city was cool to see.

Old 07-08-2024, 07:23 AM

9,933 posts, read 10,906,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Bubba’s going to get smoked for his moronic post race dooring of Bowman who had his window net down. Just when I thought he was growing up. Points, huge fine, and probably sits a race.

Race was a complete joke for the second year. If they go back, which they shouldn’t, the “race” has to start earlier. And don’t restart after the first stage if it’s raining hard.
I said those exact words at the time !
I doubt very much that he will sit out a race.
Just Darrell being Darrell ...
If Ty Gibbs locks himself in its going to take the mother of all interventions with Denny, Coach and Jordan to talk Wallace off the ledge. Bowman for his part handled it perfectly, if not even going overboard considering the conditions of the racing.
Speaking of which Bowman certainly earned that one! Racing with Joey Hand and then keeping it out of the tires and off the walls as Reddick was coming fast... That was at least some excitement to end an otherwise stupid race.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...31ff3674&ei=10

Old 07-08-2024, 08:23 AM

9,933 posts, read 10,906,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
During the pre-race, NBC had a cool story about the new 23XI AirSpeed building, then interviewed both their drivers. My oldest daughter, was watching with me and I gave her the back story about both drivers, lingering a bit more on Wallace's story.

I thought out loud, how much longer is Denny or MJ going to put up with Bubba? And that was before this incident, which may cause him to totally have no chance of making the playoffs again. At this point, there is only one reason they are letting Bubba remain in his contract, because there are better drivers out there needing a ride.
Well , like Labonte18 likes to remind us, as long as Wallace has sponsors like McDonalds in his pocket (if he does) they will keep him over a better talent without sponsorship. Which in my opinion is a big part of Wallaces' issues and NASCARs in general.

Old 07-08-2024, 11:30 AM

5,750 posts, read 6,055,381 times
Haile Deegan out. I suspect this was BEFORE Logano drove the car in Xfinity race Saturday, but just announce today.

Old 07-08-2024, 11:30 AM

NEWSFLASH : Halle Deagan out at AM Racing.

Now back to your normal posting....

Old 07-08-2024, 11:31 AM

John...great minds!

Old 07-08-2024, 01:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 15,700,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Haile Deegan out. I suspect this was BEFORE Logano drove the car in Xfinity race Saturday, but just announce today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
NEWSFLASH : Halle Deagan out at AM Racing.

Now back to your normal posting....

She shouldn't have ever gotten the ride, TBH. I mean.. Ok, that's harsh. Some people don't run well in one series and do great in another. Tony Stewart was a middling Busch series driver at the start of his career, and then won 3 races his rookie year in cup.. But.. You know.. Short of a desperate Matt Kenseth bumping him from the lead.. He would have won a Busch race in '99. He did eventually win quite a few Busch races.

She was a top 10 driver in ARCA. Generally, finishing in about 6th place.

ok.. the problem is.. There's about 6 cars capable of winning there each week. She was consistently the LAST of those cars.

I put her in the same line as Frankie Muniz. The talent level isn't there. They could go into the truck series and have limited success.. But that's probably about as far as it goes.

Even in a Venturini car, the best she could do was 5th. Now, that was only 6 races, but.. That's a car that really just wins.

Anyway.. Again.. I make the call here that the Chicago Street Race needs to be run on Saturday.

Run the Xfinity race at like 11am local.. Cup race at 4pm

Having ONE DAY to run the race.. Just doesn't work. This isn't like any other race.. The track goes away after Sunday. You get rained out at Pocono.. Well, Pocono is still there even if you have to go back in November to run the race. If you're going to keep it.. Schedule it better. Give yourself the chance if there's a full day of rain As we saw.. Wet weather tires can only do so much and they don't do nothin' about darkness.

Old 07-08-2024, 01:44 PM

17,823 posts, read 15,700,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well , like Labonte18 likes to remind us, as long as Wallace has sponsors like McDonalds in his pocket (if he does) they will keep him over a better talent without sponsorship. Which in my opinion is a big part of Wallaces' issues and NASCARs in general.

I understood why he was mad.. and.. well.. At least it was after the race. That's.. Progress.

Old 07-08-2024, 01:54 PM

5,750 posts, read 6,055,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
She shouldn't have ever gotten the ride, TBH. I mean.. Ok, that's harsh. Some people don't run well in one series and do great in another. Tony Stewart was a middling Busch series driver at the start of his career, and then won 3 races his rookie year in cup.. But.. You know.. Short of a desperate Matt Kenseth bumping him from the lead.. He would have won a Busch race in '99. He did eventually win quite a few Busch races.

She was a top 10 driver in ARCA. Generally, finishing in about 6th place.

ok.. the problem is.. There's about 6 cars capable of winning there each week. She was consistently the LAST of those cars.

I put her in the same line as Frankie Muniz. The talent level isn't there. They could go into the truck series and have limited success.. But that's probably about as far as it goes.

Even in a Venturini car, the best she could do was 5th. Now, that was only 6 races, but.. That's a car that really just wins.

Anyway.. Again.. I make the call here that the Chicago Street Race needs to be run on Saturday.

Run the Xfinity race at like 11am local.. Cup race at 4pm

Having ONE DAY to run the race.. Just doesn't work. This isn't like any other race.. The track goes away after Sunday. You get rained out at Pocono.. Well, Pocono is still there even if you have to go back in November to run the race. If you're going to keep it.. Schedule it better. Give yourself the chance if there's a full day of rain As we saw.. Wet weather tires can only do so much and they don't do nothin' about darkness.
She had about as much success in trucks as she did in Xfinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing