Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 01:39 PM

17,799 posts, read 15,650,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Can we now say that KB and RCR has been a bit of a disaster? I mean, it started out good in 2023, 3 wins. Seemed like the #8 was on the right track.

Now it seems like it has gone badly off track. The 8 car has shown some speed this year, but they are by no means competitive with the top cars/teams.

A reporter asked KB at Iowa if he would be open to a return to JGR. Kyle implied that he would, or HMS.

The 8 car.. Was the success last year just carryover from Tyler Reddick?

Is the issue here.. We're not giving Tyler Reddick enough credit? He won in RCR's cars.. He took a good car in the #45 at 23XI and has made it a threat to win every week. Not knocking Kurt Busch here, but.. Tyler is doing better in the car than he did. Not by alot, but..

Don't ask this question to Chris Beuscher.

Really.. Think about it. We know that there are few drivers as capable as KB.. But, we've seen in the past.. KB doesn't really have the required skills to turn a program around. I don't know that he has the ability to say "Here's what's wrong with the car, here's what we need to do to fix it"

I wouldn't think Reddick had that.. But.. Visually, at least.. That could answer a whole lot of questions.

As for KB going back to Gibbs/Toyota or to HMS.. Yeah. The one thing you can't say is that he's not a competitor. You know this is killing him. I think he's said, he cares less about making the playoffs.. He wants that win streak to continue. I don't think he cares where he's driving, so long as he's in a competitive car with a chance to win.

I didn't see him going back to Gibbs, because.. You have the same problem. Sponsorship. They couldn't sell him 2 years ago, why could they now? Gibbs wouldn't have most of the sponsors that Busch has at RCR. Cheddar's would be OK, but the bourbon and weed companies.. Not so much.

But.. Anyway.. Do we need to look a little harder at Reddick and what he's accomplished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2024, 06:21 PM

9,922 posts, read 10,890,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The 8 car.. Was the success last year just carryover from Tyler Reddick?

Is the issue here.. We're not giving Tyler Reddick enough credit? He won in RCR's cars.. He took a good car in the #45 at 23XI and has made it a threat to win every week. Not knocking Kurt Busch here, but.. Tyler is doing better in the car than he did. Not by alot, but..

Don't ask this question to Chris Beuscher.

Really.. Think about it. We know that there are few drivers as capable as KB.. But, we've seen in the past.. KB doesn't really have the required skills to turn a program around. I don't know that he has the ability to say "Here's what's wrong with the car, here's what we need to do to fix it"

I wouldn't think Reddick had that.. But.. Visually, at least.. That could answer a whole lot of questions.

As for KB going back to Gibbs/Toyota or to HMS.. Yeah. The one thing you can't say is that he's not a competitor. You know this is killing him. I think he's said, he cares less about making the playoffs.. He wants that win streak to continue. I don't think he cares where he's driving, so long as he's in a competitive car with a chance to win.

I didn't see him going back to Gibbs, because.. You have the same problem. Sponsorship. They couldn't sell him 2 years ago, why could they now? Gibbs wouldn't have most of the sponsors that Busch has at RCR. Cheddar's would be OK, but the bourbon and weed companies.. Not so much.

But.. Anyway.. Do we need to look a little harder at Reddick and what he's accomplished?
So couple things...
I am amazed at how well KB is handling his situation right now.
I think Reddick gets sufficient credit all things considered.
Equipment , anybody in the the 45 should be in the top 10 in points, begs the question Ty Gibbs and Wallace. Gibbs being a rookie you can give a pass to.
RCR a 2 car team that hasnt been great since Harvick left. The 3 car is virtually nonexistent ... (is there another team that has such a gap between there 2 cars)?
Luck, KB isnt the first driver or Champion for that matter (Joey Logano) that has had nothing but bad luck or things out of their control.
Its hard to know what the real problems are at RCR, but obviously they are extensive. I have heard multiple drivers and former drivers say that KB is in fact a guy that can turn a program around, question might be how long will it take. I have heard that just the fact where they are located makes it difficult to hire the top talent.
I thought Kyles response about going back to Gibbs or Hendrick was pretty telling ... probably not the best thing for his team to hear but maybe meant for RC and co.
Speaking of which . Lets put KB in that 48 for a moment do you doubt that he wouldn't be up in the top 10,or even the top 5 with the other 3 HMS cars? Then you would have a pretty fair comparison between he and Reddick today.

Old 06-19-2024, 06:28 AM

9,874 posts, read 10,086,507 times
I can't see Kyle going back to JGR if BPS wants to remain the main sponsor of the 19.

Sponsors could possibly be moved around. The 54 could get BPS and keep He Gets Us, and the 19 could get Interstate and Monster (since Rowdy Energy went belly up).

Of course the money won't be what he wanted either, but maybe KB is ready to concede on that point in order to win again?

As for the 48 car, Bowman is under contract until 2026 and Ally until 2028. So no room at the inn at HMS.

Old 06-19-2024, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I can't see Kyle going back to JGR if BPS wants to remain the main sponsor of the 19.

Sponsors could possibly be moved around. The 54 could get BPS and keep He Gets Us, and the 19 could get Interstate and Monster (since Rowdy Energy went belly up).

Of course the money won't be what he wanted either, but maybe KB is ready to concede on that point in order to win again?

As for the 48 car, Bowman is under contract until 2026 and Ally until 2028. So no room at the inn at HMS.
Yeah, all just hypotheticals... KB is under contract with RCR, it is hard to imagine any scenario where RC let him out of it. It would basically be conceding they failed, if you couldn't turn it around with Kyle Busch where do you go from there.

Old 06-19-2024, 10:04 AM

Freddy Kraft on DBC, has floated that there will be a major schedule change in next years Chase tracks.

3 races are coming out. Atlanta is being replaced by Darlington. The other two are speculative right now. Freddy says "the one that is coming out he hardly can't believe and the two going in is very surprising."

Old 06-19-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, all just hypotheticals... KB is under contract with RCR, it is hard to imagine any scenario where RC let him out of it. It would basically be conceding they failed, if you couldn't turn it around with Kyle Busch where do you go from there.
Another (fun) scenario.... With 23XI possibly getting a charter from SHR, any chance they could put Kyle there? Again, it would be tough to figure out with the RCR contract, but who knows? Plus isn't his brother Kurt an consultant still at 23XI?

Old 06-19-2024, 10:54 AM

5,796 posts, read 4,830,890 times
Quote:
Another (fun) scenario.... With 23XI possibly getting a charter from SHR, any chance they could put Kyle there? Again, it would be tough to figure out with the RCR contract, but who knows? Plus isn't his brother Kurt an consultant still at 23XI?

RCR already lost one driver to 23XI. I doubt it would be allowed to happen again. Kyle made a $$$ decision. It's biting him in the ........

Old 06-19-2024, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
RCR already lost one driver to 23XI. I doubt it would be allowed to happen again. Kyle made a $$$ decision. It's biting him in the ........
I figured it would bite him. Much like star players leaving championship level NFL or MLB teams to go where the money is, usually never even getting close to a championship again...while their old team keeps trucking on.

Kyle's net worth is around $80M. His annual salary is reported to be about $17M.

Old 06-19-2024, 12:29 PM

17,799 posts, read 15,650,757 times
Quote:

Looking at it from a purely 'what if'..

Of course.. If they dug up sponsorship. I don't really think that there's a team, HMS included, that wouldn't take KB if they had a spot for him and money to back him.

Even Kurt.. shocking as this one is to say.. If he were still racing.. I'd dare to say that I think Penske would take him.. Not quite so sure about Roush tho..

Talent forgives a whole lot of sins.

Quote:
Freddy Kraft on DBC, has floated that there will be a major schedule change in next years Chase tracks.

3 races are coming out. Atlanta is being replaced by Darlington. The other two are speculative right now. Freddy says "the one that is coming out he hardly can't believe and the two going in is very surprising."

Mexico, perhaps?

Speaking of.. There's a problem here. I touched on it a while back.. But.. Apparently.. KB may have problems going to Mexico from that gun charge a few years back.

Wonder if that would get a playoff waiver? Not allowed to enter the country under threat of arrest?

I think Mexico is on the schedule, the surprise would be if it were a playoff race.

Old 06-20-2024, 02:22 PM

Gene Haas to stay in cup with 1 charter.
The new /old team will be called Haas Factory Team and be run by Joe Custer.
Gene said he needs to retain a presence in NASCAR for his business so it sounds as though HAAS Automation will be the primary sponsor for the cup team.
They will also continue to run 2 xfinity teams , driver line up has not been announced.
We can assume Cole Custer will remain whether in x or cup?
Since it seems 3 of the 4 cup drivers are rumored to have homes
Briscoe-Gibbs
Berry- Front row
Gragson-RCR
Does Preece stay with Haas?
https://www.jayski.com/2024/06/20/ge...e-cup-charter/

Last edited by silas777; 06-20-2024 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing