Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2024, 08:54 AM

9,914 posts, read 10,862,065 times

Advertisements

I like Ricky he is probably in my top 10-12 drivers I want to see do well, but now hes just playing dumb...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...c2954dd8&ei=23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2024, 09:49 AM

9,670 posts, read 9,958,581 times
Sunday was the first time I watched an entire Indy 500 in a long time. Really enjoyed it, thought the racing was good. Was a great tie in to the 600 with all the NASCAR vibes from Indy.

Sad to see Kyle make that mistake on pit road. But it happens. Otherwise he did a fantastic job when he was in the top-10.

Disappointed that NASCAR caved and called the race just over halfway. The track was dry and no more rain was in the forecast. Fans will willing to make it a long night.

It would have been so exciting to see the #5 car, with nothing to lose, since Kyle was getting no points from this race, move up and challenge for the lead in what looked like a very fast #5 car. I think we would have had a very exciting finish.

BTW, I totally believe that NASCAR should grant the waiver. I haven't seen the 600 ratings, but Indy's was way up over last year. CMS was packed with people. NASCAR will ride this good will from HMS and Larson for a while.

If NASCAR does not grant, it will HURT the sport and this season particularly.

PS...I would grant the waiver to ANY NASCAR driver who wants to do a double in the future. It's such a historic thing and means a lot to race car fans.

Old 05-28-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Sunday was the first time I watched an entire Indy 500 in a long time. Really enjoyed it, thought the racing was good. Was a great tie in to the 600 with all the NASCAR vibes from Indy.

Sad to see Kyle make that mistake on pit road. But it happens. Otherwise he did a fantastic job when he was in the top-10.

Disappointed that NASCAR caved and called the race just over halfway. The track was dry and no more rain was in the forecast. Fans will willing to make it a long night.

It would have been so exciting to see the #5 car, with nothing to lose, since Kyle was getting no points from this race, move up and challenge for the lead in what looked like a very fast #5 car. I think we would have had a very exciting finish.

BTW, I totally believe that NASCAR should grant the waiver. I haven't seen the 600 ratings, but Indy's was way up over last year. CMS was packed with people. NASCAR will ride this good will from HMS and Larson for a while.

If NASCAR does not grant, it will HURT the sport and this season particularly.

PS...I would grant the waiver to ANY NASCAR driver who wants to do a double in the future. It's such a historic thing and means a lot to race car fans.
Agree with everything, with the exception that I didn't find the Indy race that particularly exciting outside of watching Larson other than the last lap passing that is.
I am curious about a few things after watching my first Indy 500. I know it was Larsons one and only race but how did he stack up compared to the other 4 guys that have done it?
How did he do in comparison to Jimmy Johnson who ran a whole season?
Danica Patrick?
Also , excuse my ignorance but why when they come wide off the corner do they all swerve to the inside just to have go right back out for the next corner ?

Old 05-28-2024, 02:40 PM

SHR OVER...
Stewart-Haas Racing will shut down following the 2024 season

MAY 28, 2024 AT 4:33 PM
The following is a joint statement from Tony Stewart and Gene Haas, the co-owners of Stewart-Haas Racing, regarding the future of their NASCAR team following the 2024 season.

“We have made the difficult decision to close Stewart-Haas Racing at the conclusion of the 2024 season. It is a decision that did not come easily, nor was it made quickly.

“Racing is a labor-intensive, humbling sport. It requires unwavering commitment and vast resources, with a 365-day mindset to be better than everyone else. It’s part of what makes success so rewarding.

“But the commitment needed to extract maximum performance while providing sustainability is incredibly demanding, and we’ve reached a point in our respective personal and business lives where it’s time to pass the torch.

“We’re proud of all the wins and championships we’ve earned since joining together in 2009, but even more special is the culture we built and the friendships we forged as we committed to a common cause – winning races and collecting trophies.

“That is the same commitment we made to our personnel, our partners and our fans coming into this year, and that commitment will remain through the season finale at Phoenix.

“We have tremendous respect and appreciation for all of our employees, and we will work diligently to assist them during this transition to find new opportunities beyond the 2024 race season.”

— Stewart-Haas Racing —

Old 05-28-2024, 03:21 PM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 27 days ago)

5,772 posts, read 4,779,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Agree with everything, with the exception that I didn't find the Indy race that particularly exciting outside of watching Larson other than the last lap passing that is.
I am curious about a few things after watching my first Indy 500. I know it was Larsons one and only race but how did he stack up compared to the other 4 guys that have done it?
How did he do in comparison to Jimmy Johnson who ran a whole season?
Danica Patrick?
Also , excuse my ignorance but why when they come wide off the corner do they all swerve to the inside just to have go right back out for the next corner ?
Cornering at 220+ there is no possible way they could hold the inside and cutting the corners is always the fastest way around.

Old 05-28-2024, 04:39 PM

17,727 posts, read 15,496,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
SHR OVER...
Stewart-Haas Racing will shut down following the 2024 season

MAY 28, 2024 AT 4:33 PM
The following is a joint statement from Tony Stewart and Gene Haas, the co-owners of Stewart-Haas Racing, regarding the future of their NASCAR team following the 2024 season.

“We have made the difficult decision to close Stewart-Haas Racing at the conclusion of the 2024 season. It is a decision that did not come easily, nor was it made quickly.

“Racing is a labor-intensive, humbling sport. It requires unwavering commitment and vast resources, with a 365-day mindset to be better than everyone else. It’s part of what makes success so rewarding.

“But the commitment needed to extract maximum performance while providing sustainability is incredibly demanding, and we’ve reached a point in our respective personal and business lives where it’s time to pass the torch.

“We’re proud of all the wins and championships we’ve earned since joining together in 2009, but even more special is the culture we built and the friendships we forged as we committed to a common cause – winning races and collecting trophies.

“That is the same commitment we made to our personnel, our partners and our fans coming into this year, and that commitment will remain through the season finale at Phoenix.

“We have tremendous respect and appreciation for all of our employees, and we will work diligently to assist them during this transition to find new opportunities beyond the 2024 race season.”

— Stewart-Haas Racing —

Sadly, i'm not surprised. No matter what.. This is a huge loss for the sport.

I've heard rumor that the next charter agreement is going to limit teams to THREE cars(With charters), with Hendrick and Gibbs 4th teams grandfathered in.

Old 05-28-2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Cornering at 220+ there is no possible way they could hold the inside and cutting the corners is always the fastest way around.
Yeah I probably didn't articulate it very well but I did a little digging. Evidently it is the leader trying to break the draft and those behind him trying to stay in it.

https://autos.yahoo.com/dragon-move-...133712716.html

Old 05-28-2024, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Sadly, i'm not surprised. No matter what.. This is a huge loss for the sport.

I've heard rumor that the next charter agreement is going to limit teams to THREE cars(With charters), with Hendrick and Gibbs 4th teams grandfathered in.
Indeed, so now it is let the games begin! Who's going after who.

Old 05-29-2024, 06:20 AM

The buzzards picking apart the remains of SHR are rumored to be Front Row, 23XI and Trackhouse.

That leaves one charter left. Dale Jr anyone?

Old 05-29-2024, 06:23 AM

After listening to some drivers podcasts, the 600 track was not drying as quickly in some spots. The race would have restarted after midnight and with cautions, etc..., may not have ended till 2AM or later.

Still bummed tho. But that's what you have to contend with, especially during the spring with all the storms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing