Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 07:04 PM

17,662 posts, read 15,373,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Labonte18 , you will appreciate this...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...1b1437da&ei=24
It is mind boggling why the kid still has a ride. I get he is Jeff Burtons son but, that's not like his last name is Earnhardt.
Really curious who is keeping him in that seat.

Yeah, I read that a few days ago. Listen.. I like the kid. I do think he's talented. Did really well with JGR in Xfinity.. Of course.. Let's be honest. Either of us could probably win a race in one of those JGR cars.

But.. It's not working. Whatever the reason.. And, that article does touch on something I thought but wasn't saying.. or maybe.. It's what has me so worked up about this and I didn't even realize it... That being.. It's sad seeing what's happening to the Woods' team with him behind the wheel. And it's time for a change.

This combo.. Just is NOT working. And.. Honestly. I don't think it's the equipment or anything. It COULD be a bad mesh between him and the CC or the team itself.. I think they've changed the crew chief.. So, the only option left here is change the driver.

The bad thing.. I think this is his second go-around in Cup.. Though, I may be confusing Jeb's runs with Front Row or BK or whatever he was with.. And, most people get a second go.. A third is.. Much more difficult. So, I'm concerned about Harrison's cup career.. But.. Allgaier and Regan Smith and Elliott Sadler and Jason Keller and Randy Lajoie and many others have had nice careers basically just sticking to the Xfinity series. It's not a bad career!

We went through this with Petty. A once great and dominant team relegated to a glorified start and park. The Woods are the last of the true originals. You all know I'm not really a manufacturer fan.. I never really got into the whole Ford vs Chevy vs Toyota thing. I like drivers and.. Look, they don't spend their careers with one manufacturer anymore. I'm not going to hate someone because they went from Ford to Chevy.

But.. The Woods are NASCAR royalty.. And.. I hope we never lose them. If we're being honest, the main reason they're still around is likely Ford.

What I keep coming back to.. Even Matty D did a thousand times better in that car. And while I like MattyD as well.. Let's not say he's a top tier driver. He's.. Probably on par with an Almirola.. A good driver, gets good finishes, and maybe once a year or so, jumps up and grabs a win. Burton is well below that level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2024, 04:37 PM

6,510 posts, read 3,199,669 times
Looks like Keselowski did it again....

Old 04-21-2024, 05:51 PM

9,897 posts, read 10,843,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Looks like Keselowski did it again....
Nah...cmon now, BK had a big run with a push from Gragson, McDowell threw a late block across his nose. Everybody was doing what they needed to do, except I bet Mcdowell if he had a do over would just race Brad to checkered instead of that last block.
Shame ... It was going to be A good day for the Fords and not so much for the Toyotas with the majority of them taking themselves out of the race.

Old 04-22-2024, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Nah...cmon now, BK had a big run with a push from Gragson, McDowell threw a late block across his nose. Everybody was doing what they needed to do, except I bet Mcdowell if he had a do over would just race Brad to checkered instead of that last block.
Shame ... It was going to be A good day for the Fords and not so much for the Toyotas with the majority of them taking themselves out of the race.
I understand what you're saying, but it sure seems like Brad, at least this year, has been around a lot of wrecks. Just sayin'.............

Old 04-22-2024, 08:38 AM

9,897 posts, read 10,843,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but it sure seems like Brad, at least this year, has been around a lot of wrecks. Just sayin'.............
Yeah he certainly has caused a few on plate tracks being overly aggressive but not this time...
https://www.nascar.com/videos/franch...lladega-crash/

Old 04-22-2024, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah he certainly has caused a few on plate tracks being overly aggressive but not this time...
https://www.nascar.com/videos/franch...lladega-crash/
Looks like "swervin' Irvin" all over again............

Old 04-22-2024, 09:27 PM

17,662 posts, read 15,373,029 times
Not Brad's fault. That's totally on McDowell. Way too late and way too aggressive a block.. Not saying he had much of a choice, but.. McDowell dang near spun himself out trying to throw that block.

That's what the style of racing leads to. Until they kill someone.. That's what we'll keep seeing.

Daytona and Talladega are edge of your seat thrills.. Be honest.. that's part of the reason you watch. Me, too.

But.. As I've gotten older.. I've come to respect the skills required for road courses more and more over 'plate' racing.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Not Brad's fault. That's totally on McDowell. Way too late and way too aggressive a block.. Not saying he had much of a choice, but.. McDowell dang near spun himself out trying to throw that block.

That's what the style of racing leads to. Until they kill someone.. That's what we'll keep seeing.

Daytona and Talladega are edge of your seat thrills.. Be honest.. that's part of the reason you watch. Me, too.

But.. As I've gotten older.. I've come to respect the skills required for road courses more and more over 'plate' racing.
I agree......

Old 04-23-2024, 07:30 AM

9,565 posts, read 9,878,503 times
58% voted Dega as a good race in Gluck's poll. I voted yes, thought it was thrilling at the end. Was even rooting for Ford (although I'm a Chevy guy ), but was OK with seeing Riddick win and MJ's reaction.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 PM

5,179 posts, read 4,966,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
...Daytona and Talladega are edge of your seat thrills.. Be honest.. that's part of the reason you watch. Me, too.
I guess I'm one of the rare one's who doesn't like to see "The big one". I was enjoying the relatively clean race until the end. It seems like they get the most lead changes out of plate racing. Too many other races are just fast parades.
Plus, too often, the driver who causes the crash gets away scott clean, such as was the case in the xfinity race and Kligerman. How many cars did he knock out in the first big crash; a dozen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing