Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 11:21 AM

9,906 posts, read 10,851,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Kansas has to be one of the better races of the year. The almost constant leader duals through the race was exciting to watch. The 5 wide....then the shootout to the closest finish in NASCAR history!!

Happy to see that the overall racing this season has improved and has been exciting for the most part.
Absolutely! Heart breaking for Chris Beuscher, bad enough coming in second after that racing but being told you won then having it taken away. His move up the middle on that 5 wide was crazy. Great day for RFK at the end of the day. Especially considering how much is made of how off the Fords are right now. Same number of Fords in the top 10 as Toyotas and look who it was Beuscher, Gragson and McDowell with BK in 11th. Josh Berry at 15th maybe SHR is making some gains.
Great racing at the finish, and as happy as I was to see Hamlin/Toyota get shuffled out, at one point it looked like it was going to be Hamlin, Truex on the front row with both RFK cars in the 2nd which would have been a crazy restart considering Truex and Brads situation. Unfortunately, something happened to both in the pits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 12:33 PM

17,702 posts, read 15,427,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Absolutely! Heart breaking for Chris Beuscher, bad enough coming in second after that racing but being told you won then having it taken away. His move up the middle on that 5 wide was crazy. Great day for RFK at the end of the day. Especially considering how much is made of how off the Fords are right now. Same number of Fords in the top 10 as Toyotas and look who it was Beuscher, Gragson and McDowell with BK in 11th. Josh Berry at 15th maybe SHR is making some gains.
Great racing at the finish, and as happy as I was to see Hamlin/Toyota get shuffled out, at one point it looked like it was going to be Hamlin, Truex on the front row with both RFK cars in the 2nd which would have been a crazy restart considering Truex and Brads situation. Unfortunately, something happened to both in the pits.

I thought it was Buescher live and on the first replay. That second replay showed that Larson did just beat him.

I would have rather seen Buescher take the win, but.. Hey.. Good race no matter what. Hated how the cautions fell, tho.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:14 PM

9,608 posts, read 9,913,977 times
SHR may be looking to offload one of their charters, possibly even two.

#41 car is mentioned as being one of the charters to go.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I thought it was Buescher live and on the first replay. That second replay showed that Larson did just beat him.

I would have rather seen Buescher take the win, but.. Hey.. Good race no matter what. Hated how the cautions fell, tho.
As a Larson fan, I was OK with #17 getting a win. The kid fought soundly during that race. (Came back from a pit road penalty as well).

I liked the way Larson handled it at first over the radio. They thought they lost and Larson said it was OK, that they all did a good job...then a few moments later, they were celebrating the victory.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
SHR may be looking to offload one of their charters, possibly even two.

#41 car is mentioned as being one of the charters to go.

Gene's paying pretty much all the bills on that #41. So, if that one goes away.. I think it's really more that one of the other teams goes away and the 41 number moves over.

I can't see Haas paying the bills and not having final say on the driver.

That's always been the setup there. The #41 is Gene Haas' car. he makes the calls on it. And, it's been said that his only concern is winning. That hasn't happened in a while.

If someone said 5 years ago that SHR was in the beginning stages of collapse.. I think we'd have all laughed them out of here. But it certainly seems that's where they're headed.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Gene's paying pretty much all the bills on that #41. So, if that one goes away.. I think it's really more that one of the other teams goes away and the 41 number moves over.

I can't see Haas paying the bills and not having final say on the driver.

That's always been the setup there. The #41 is Gene Haas' car. he makes the calls on it. And, it's been said that his only concern is winning. That hasn't happened in a while.

If someone said 5 years ago that SHR was in the beginning stages of collapse.. I think we'd have all laughed them out of here. But it certainly seems that's where they're headed.
Well regardless of how they shuffle the car #s it seems Preece is the odd man out.
I still think they could work a package deal with JRM where they buy a charter and get Josh Berry with it.
Doubtfull any movement happens with charters until NASCAR and the teams get it sorted out, nobody is going to want to pay 10s of millions of dollars for a charter that may soon be worth far less.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:59 PM

Quote:

I would have been just fine with any of the 3 out of the top 4 winning.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Well regardless of how they shuffle the car #s it seems Preece is the odd man out.
I still think they could work a package deal with JRM where they buy a charter and get Josh Berry with it.
Doubtfull any movement happens with charters until NASCAR and the teams get it sorted out, nobody is going to want to pay 10s of millions of dollars for a charter that may soon be worth far less.
Jr has said repeatedly, that at this time, he cannot afford a charter. So if JRM is going to be in the talks, the prices of the charter must come down from the last one that was sold for around $40M? Or JRM will need to team up with someone with deep pockets.

Jr has kicked himself for not buying into one when it was 20% or so of that price several years ago.

Old 05-13-2024, 07:35 AM

So, who had Brad Keselowski as the first FORD to win in 2024 on their Bingo card!?
Good to see Jack Roush back in Victory Lane!
Teammate Beuscher would have been fighting for the Win if not taken out by Reddick.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:08 AM

Quote:
So, who had Brad Keselowski as the first FORD to win in 2024 on their Bingo card!?
Good to see Jack Roush back in Victory Lane!
Teammate Beuscher would have been fighting for the Win if not taken out by Reddick.

I dunno.. I think I was rather close.

Quote:
There's.. No comparison. Night and day. While I understand where you're coming from.. His teammate has won three races in that time.. BK has not won.. But.. It's hard to win these races. And he's been in position to do so multiple times. At that point, it's just being patient. When you run like that, the wins will come.

You don't have Reddick and Buescher getting together.. I don't think BK wins. He was a 3rd or 4th place car overall. But.. as I said above.. you keep putting yourself in those situations, the wins will come. I think both Reddick and Buescher were either better or at least equal to Brad and the same with Ty Gibbs.

That kid has to be on the win watch.. Every race but 2 this year, he's improved on his result from last year.

SHR.. at least Berry and Briscoe had good runs. Overall, a good day for them, all cars in the top 17. Probably the best they've done in quite some time.

For Chase Elliott to finish 12th.. That was good fortune. He looked poised for a bad finish early on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing